Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2011, 07:37 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,031,367 times

Advertisements

Here are 10 reasons and you can read the other 90 here including why he can win:

100+ Reasons Rick Perry Would Be The Best Candidate for 2012 - True Conservatives on Twitter

"First GOVERNOR since WWII to sign a Texas budget CUTTING spending. He did it more than once, too.

Grew up literally dirt poor. Had an outhouse on his scrabbly little ranch. No running water.

He's made SOLID appointments to courts, boards, etc. Strong diversity. Principled conservatives.

Texas has one the lowest mortgage foreclosure rates in America. Half the national average.

Every single Texas metropolitan area has added jobs since '09. No other large state can say that.

Texas has more "green" Energy Star homes than any other state, without onerous rules/regulations.

Signed landmark eminent domain reform protecting private property rights.

Texas is one of only three states (ND and Alaska) to have more jobs than pre-recession.

Signed the Castle Doctrine, which allows Texans to defend themselves in their own homes. Practices his right to carry.

Vetoed a brand new tax on the Internet, is threatening to veto it again if they slip it back in. "

Provide 10 reasons why your candidate should be the GOP nominee.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2011, 08:20 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,785,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Here are 10 reasons and you can read the other 90 here including why he can win:

100+ Reasons Rick Perry Would Be The Best Candidate for 2012 - True Conservatives on Twitter

"First GOVERNOR since WWII to sign a Texas budget CUTTING spending. He did it more than once, too.

Grew up literally dirt poor. Had an outhouse on his scrabbly little ranch. No running water.

He's made SOLID appointments to courts, boards, etc. Strong diversity. Principled conservatives.

Texas has one the lowest mortgage foreclosure rates in America. Half the national average.

Every single Texas metropolitan area has added jobs since '09. No other large state can say that.

Texas has more "green" Energy Star homes than any other state, without onerous rules/regulations.

Texas is one of only three states (ND and Alaska) to have more jobs than pre-recession.

Signed the Castle Doctrine, which allows Texans to defend themselves in their own homes. Practices his right to carry.

Vetoed a brand new tax on the Internet, is threatening to veto it again if they slip it back in. "

Now, when is he going to announce? I am getting very impatient.

Nita

Old 07-08-2011, 08:25 AM

2,714 posts, read 4,283,165 times
101. He thinks Texas seceding from the USA is not a big deal

I was born in Texas, lived in Texas most of my life, have lived in Houston, San Antonio, Austin, West Texas, Dallas, Fort Worth. I graduated from UT. I'm as Texas as they come-- and I think the idea of seceding from the USA is insane and am ashamed that our governor suggested this.

Old 07-08-2011, 08:33 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,031,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Now, when is he going to announce? I am getting very impatient.

Nita
Back in April, the Alabama Republican Party (Summer Dinner) scheduled him to speak on August 15 and they expected 600. Now they've sold out their tickets, think they'll get 1000, and might have to move to a larger venue. It's the largest event they have ever hosted. I think they are hoping he announces right before their event. But if he does, I wonder if they are prepared for the media onslaught, not just the larger than usual number of attendees.

Perry Watch: Rick Perry

Old 07-08-2011, 08:37 AM

102. He wanted to grant more jobs to foreign companies like Cintra to build a highway corridor that would tax texas citizens and allow easier travel for illegals into the state

Old 07-08-2011, 08:39 AM

103. He opposes SB 1070, the Arizona immigration law, which has successfully slowed down illegal immigration in Arizona

Old 07-08-2011, 08:40 AM

104. He thinks he is above the law. Told a Texas State trooper laws don't apply to him

Old 07-08-2011, 08:44 AM

10,420 posts, read 10,834,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post

Actually I think it is 101.

Old 07-08-2011, 08:46 AM

105. He thinks its a great idea for the government to infringe on the rights of a parent, he mandated all girls must be subjected to the HPV vaccine, a controversial medicine.

Old 07-08-2011, 09:00 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,785,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclone8570 View Post
105. He thinks its a great idea for the government to infringe on the rights of a parent, he mandated all girls must be subjected to the HPV vaccine, a controversial medicine.
According to our daughter who lives in Texas, he wanted it available, but he did not say it would be mandatory. I am only telling you what she and her husband said yesterday when we were at her home for dinner. I think you need to provide a reference to where he wanted it to be mandatory. That will clear this up once and for all I hope. I just checked google, he mandated it, saying it would be available free of charge and then overturned the law 3 months later. That should put an end to this.

Nita
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections