Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2011, 10:22 PM

3,681 posts, read 6,275,823 times

Advertisements

"It's inconceivable to think that in the GOP primary, candidates won't be asked for their position on Bernanke, quantitative easing, the role of the dollar, and of all the candidates, only Ron Paul has made a career on all these issues. In fact, after decades fighting his fight, he must be somewhat shocked that in just the last few years, his ideology has become so popular (or maybe he's shocked that it took so long)."
"In 2008, the GOP primary was dominated by Serious candidates like Mitt Romney and John McCain and Fred Thompson and even Rudy Giuliani. They were content to basically ignore what Ron Paul had to say. This time, they'll be fighting on his turf."

Read more: Ron Paul: Why His Run Is Going To Be A Big Deal

Ron Paul is the genuine thing. I think America is finally wising up to this fact. He is truly the person to represent all the people and get our country back on track and back in the hands of the people instead of big government fat cats and the corporate thieves and union thugs who are ruining this country and keeping us all in a state of serfdom.

Ron Paul for President!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2011, 10:30 PM

4,002 posts, read 3,906,515 times
Ron Paul 2012

YouTube - Ron Paul: A 2012 Revolution

Old 04-25-2011, 10:46 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,944,845 times
I like most of what Paul has to say. He is weak on the economy. So, who would be best to bring to the ticket there?

The real problem is his complete lack of charisma. Even on the other thread where he appeared on The View, he was flat.

Old 04-25-2011, 10:51 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,173,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maja View Post
Ron Paul is the genuine thing.
Yes, he's a small patch of brown liquid.

Old 04-25-2011, 10:51 PM

7,372 posts, read 16,019,677 times
I do hope he has more of a voice in the primaries. His emphasis on following the Constitution should be up front and foremost on people's minds this time around.

Old 04-25-2011, 10:52 PM

4,002 posts, read 3,906,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
I like most of what Paul has to say. He is weak on the economy. So, who would be best to bring to the ticket there?

The real problem is his complete lack of charisma. Even on the other thread where he appeared on The View, he was flat.
This nation is going down the toilet and you're worried about charisma? ..

The "real problem" is that no one bothers to really listen to what he has to say ..

Old 04-25-2011, 10:52 PM

45,231 posts, read 26,457,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
Yes, he's a small patch of brown liquid.
Why do you say that?

Old 04-25-2011, 10:54 PM

3,681 posts, read 6,275,823 times
Quote:

I know what you mean, but wouldn't it be nice if Americans could get past that "charisma" thing? Real sincere people of substance often lack the sociopathic charm that the more shallow guys slide by on. Everyone thought Obama was a real smooth, charming talker and look where its got us.

But, why do you think Paul is weak on the economy? I think its his strength.

Old 04-25-2011, 10:55 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,944,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigskydude View Post
This nation is going down the toilet and you're worried about charisma? ..
I'm a realist and I understand that the "American Idol" youth-zombies who voted in the last election, or may be voting in the next one for the first time, they will likely not hear any message if it is not delivered with charisma.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maja View Post
I know what you mean, but wouldn't it be nice if Americans could get past that "charisma" thing? Real sincere people of substance often lack the sociopathic charm that the more shallow guys slide by on. Everyone thought Obama was a real smooth, charming talker and look where its got us.

But, why do you think Paul is weak on the economy? I think its his strength.
Yes, it would be nice if people recognized substance instead of unicorns and fairytales.

While Paul is strong on the fudamental economic problem of The FED, I think Paul is weak on bringing back manufacturing, business development and job growth plans. At least, I haven't heard him speak on those specifically other than to say "free market". Has he addressed China at all?

Last edited by lifelongMOgal; 04-25-2011 at 11:01 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 04-25-2011, 10:58 PM

8,802 posts, read 8,900,938 times
Quote:
I like most of what Paul has to say. He is weak on the economy.
Wait, what?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections