Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2012, 06:48 PM

6,721 posts, read 5,213,450 times

Advertisements

I hate to pour FACTS onto your talking points, but Obama signed the health care reform bill into law just a day or so over 14 months after he was sworn in, on March 23, 2010. With all the time the R's spent pretending they were negotiating over the bill. And we must not forget the faux news/insurance industry orchestrated disruption of all those town hall meetings.

Health Care Reform News - The New York Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbdowndemocrats View Post
Just how was he obstructed when for two whole years he and his party were in complete control of Congress? They spent 18 months on HC and couldn't even agree with themselves for Gods sake.4 years before Obama Pelosi pledged her leadership would be the most ethical,transparent and productive in history....jobs,jobs,jobs.... or have you already forgotten that?

All the while she was getting rich from her legislations as was her husband and close friends same goes for Maxine Waters and the other gaggle of crooks.Draining the swamp that they all swim in.... doubtful.

As for the Tea Party movement they were not a viable force in his first two years they came after his HC mandate behind closed doors of Harry Reids office without input from the other party written by unelected lobbists,special interests,political cronies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2012, 06:59 PM

1,823 posts, read 2,132,516 times
The President probably will be re elected in 2012.

I think with a decent unified strategy that makes sense, the Republicans should have a decent shot in beating him.

However, the obstructionist tact, slogans, unrelenting idealogy, and lack of great candidates have plagued Republican efforts.

The American people are furious with Congress----and despite denials, an awful lot of Americans are blaming republican inflexiblity and obstructionism.

I am not a huge fan of the Presidents----but if the Republicans believe that their current strategy to defeat him is a winner----I think not.

Old 01-05-2012, 07:53 PM

1,332 posts, read 997,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jefffla01 View Post
The President probably will be re elected in 2012.

I think with a decent unified strategy that makes sense, the Republicans should have a decent shot in beating him.

However, the obstructionist tact, slogans, unrelenting idealogy, and lack of great candidates have plagued Republican efforts.

The American people are furious with Congress----and despite denials, an awful lot of Americans are blaming republican inflexiblity and obstructionism.

I am not a huge fan of the Presidents----but if the Republicans believe that their current strategy to defeat him is a winner----I think not.
Another one of the posters shere who forgets that Obama had a completely DEOMOCRAT CONTROLLED CONGRESS FOR HIS FIRST 2 YEARS!!! Obstructionist efforts by the GOP?? Since when?? Last year?? And what have they blocked?? Another bailout?? Another stimulus package? A jobs bill loaded with BS??

FACT....Obama did NOTHING except ram a nothional healthcare bill down the throats of Americans of whom 65% did not want it. nad in gthe healthcare bill were provisions for student loans and all sorts of other CRAP that had NOTHING to do with healtcare.

Other than that...what did obama do?? Oh wait....I forgot....he DOUBLED the size of the deficit in a 2 year period!! YAY!!! Whata an accomplishment. But in the 2 years where he had complete control and could pretty much get passed what he wanted....WHAT DID HE ACCOMPLISH??? I'll make it easy for you...the answer is NOTHING.

You need to review your recent history.

Obama has a record to run on...and it isn';t a very good one. if the republicans are smart...and that is debatable they way they are at eachother's throats...they will make this election about the obama record...or LACK OF ONE...and not allow him and the left wing dopes to make the election about the republican candidate.

Obama doesn't deserve a second term...he is a loser...in the mold of jimmy carter....who..until obama came along..had my vote for worst and most ineffective president in modern times. Now that obama is here...I'd have to say that clown beats carter out by a nose.

Old 01-05-2012, 09:23 PM

5,002 posts, read 12,380,662 times
The republicans have a very very weak field this time around. Even if Obama is Jimmy Carter part two, the republicans don't stand a chance.

Romney is a career politician, just the sort of thing that Americans are tired of.

The rest of the field are a bunch of supersized ego (Trump), ideological fanatics (Huntsman), racist and jingoistic (Santorum, mildly Paul), or too catering to ideology over actual discussion (basically everyone).

Like it or not, the President is right - Republicans are too busy sticking to talking points rather than doing their job and discussing issues and compromising.

Politics = compromising. It means talking about stuff and giving and taking. Republicans are taking with none of the giving. I'm surprised Obama hasn't outright dissolved congress, declared all of them treasonous pigs and thrown them in a gulag somewhere. He deserves to do so.

So unless you want King Obama, I suggest you tell your Tea Party children representatives that real politicians are trying to fix this country through logic and discussion, not petty politicking.

Old 01-05-2012, 09:28 PM

3,003 posts, read 3,555,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orpheus528 View Post
Barack Obama will get re-elected, folks. I'm telling you it's going to be a long campaign season for Mitt Romney who will most likely win the nomination. Newt Gingrich is toast as are Rick Perry, Rick Santorum, and Michele Bachman. Ron Paul doesn't stand a chance, either. The only Republican candidate who's even halfway qualified if you ask me is Jon Huntsman. He's laying low.

If Romney is as smart as he thinks he is, he'd nominate Huntsman as his running mate. That man is too wishy washy on everything, though. The Iraq War is now over, and the economy is recovering thanks to Obama's stimulus plan. Like I said, it'll be a miracle if Romney or whomever even comes close.
Another liberal pipe dream

Old 01-05-2012, 10:27 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,481,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall_Rep View Post
Another one of the posters shere who forgets that Obama had a completely DEOMOCRAT CONTROLLED CONGRESS FOR HIS FIRST 2 YEARS!!! Obstructionist efforts by the GOP?? Since when?? Last year?? And what have they blocked?? Another bailout?? Another stimulus package? A jobs bill loaded with BS??

FACT....Obama did NOTHING except ram a nothional healthcare bill down the throats of Americans of whom 65% did not want it. nad in gthe healthcare bill were provisions for student loans and all sorts of other CRAP that had NOTHING to do with healtcare.

Other than that...what did obama do?? Oh wait....I forgot....he DOUBLED the size of the deficit in a 2 year period!! YAY!!! Whata an accomplishment. But in the 2 years where he had complete control and could pretty much get passed what he wanted....WHAT DID HE ACCOMPLISH??? I'll make it easy for you...the answer is NOTHING.

You need to review your recent history.

Obama has a record to run on...and it isn';t a very good one. if the republicans are smart...and that is debatable they way they are at eachother's throats...they will make this election about the obama record...or LACK OF ONE...and not allow him and the left wing dopes to make the election about the republican candidate.

Obama doesn't deserve a second term...he is a loser...in the mold of jimmy carter....who..until obama came along..had my vote for worst and most ineffective president in modern times. Now that obama is here...I'd have to say that clown beats carter out by a nose.

Thank you thank you thank you. Could not have said it better myself.

Old 01-05-2012, 10:31 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,481,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbdowndemocrats View Post
Just how was he obstructed when for two whole years he and his party were in complete control of Congress? They spent 18 months on HC and couldn't even agree with themselves for Gods sake.4 years before Obama Pelosi pledged her leadership would be the most ethical,transparent and productive in history....jobs,jobs,jobs.... or have you already forgotten that?

All the while she was getting rich from her legislations as was her husband and close friends same goes for Maxine Waters and the other gaggle of crooks.Draining the swamp that they all swim in.... doubtful.

As for the Tea Party movement they were not a viable force in his first two years they came after his HC mandate behind closed doors of Harry Reids office without input from the other party written by unelected lobbists,special interests,political cronies.
DDD so easy for some you see, to forget the truth. They only see what it is they want to see.

Nope have not forgotten any of that, i remember these things.

The funny hypicritical things is, lets say this were a Republician right now at this time, with the situation being as it now is, with a terrible downhill sliding economy. Would some on here, say well he deserve another shot, 2 terms! know what the answer to that is.

Old 01-05-2012, 10:38 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,577,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
DDD so easy for some you see, to forget the truth. They only see what it is they want to see.

Nope have not forgotten any of that, i remember these things.

The funny hypicritical things is, lets say this were a Republician right now at this time, with the situation being as it now is, with a terrible downhill sliding economy. Would some on here, say well he deserve another shot, 2 terms! know what the answer to that is.
They sure would...how else do you explain GWB's 2nd term?

Old 01-06-2012, 12:18 AM

5,756 posts, read 4,008,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
I hate to pour FACTS onto your talking points, but Obama signed the health care reform bill into law just a day or so over 14 months after he was sworn in, on March 23, 2010. With all the time the R's spent pretending they were negotiating over the bill. And we must not forget the faux news/insurance industry orchestrated disruption of all those town hall meetings.

Health Care Reform News - The New York Times
Guess thats why people with all the BIG D's after their names lost in the November 2010 Elections...to bad the Senate didn't go the way of the House we might get something done.

Here's some more facts "THEY CAN NO LONGER DRIVE THE CAR"

"THEY CAN SIT IN THE BACK OF THE BUS"

Obama and company did not let the Republicans negotiate nothing and crammed it down our throats...Keep believing what your Masters tell you.
Oh by the way Sherrod Brown is toast this time around....

Last edited by Dumbdowndemocrats; 01-06-2012 at 12:31 AM..

Old 01-06-2012, 05:08 AM

1,332 posts, read 997,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eskercurve View Post
The republicans have a very very weak field this time around. Even if Obama is Jimmy Carter part two, the republicans don't stand a chance.

Romney is a career politician, just the sort of thing that Americans are tired of.

The rest of the field are a bunch of supersized ego (Trump), ideological fanatics (Huntsman), racist and jingoistic (Santorum, mildly Paul), or too catering to ideology over actual discussion (basically everyone).

Like it or not, the President is right - Republicans are too busy sticking to talking points rather than doing their job and discussing issues and compromising.

Politics = compromising. It means talking about stuff and giving and taking. Republicans are taking with none of the giving. I'm surprised Obama hasn't outright dissolved congress, declared all of them treasonous pigs and thrown them in a gulag somewhere. He deserves to do so.

So unless you want King Obama, I suggest you tell your Tea Party children representatives that real politicians are trying to fix this country through logic and discussion, not petty politicking.
What a load of BS!!

Republicans are taking with none of the giving....explain yourself. I often find left wing loons who make statements like this but can never explain what they mean or give one good example. But....[sigh]....I'll give you a shot at it here.

You are surprised obama hasn't dissolved congress?? Are you insane?? If there is anything treasonous anywhere it's YOUR statement. And you made it gleefully...as if you would applaud such a move!!

Let's examine what you said a little more closely...You would basically be talking about a military coup...meaning that obama would need to have military backing to pull such a thing off. Now....logically speaking....do you actually believe that obama could get the military to align with HIM??

And then the threat at the end...unless you republicans want king obama.

The rest of your post is nothing more than mindless drivel concocted from an overdose of MSNBC and not worthy of comment.

My GOD!! You *******s make me laugh!!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections