Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2011, 07:07 AM

11,486 posts, read 15,305,617 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
18 points is absolutely horrific for any candidate especially when they are very well known like Trump is. Announced or unannounced 18 points is brutal. Btw, it was a Fox News poll.

18 points is not very good at all when Obama is suppose to be the one who walks on water, the greatest thing since sliced bread etc.

Can you imagine if he was not such a failure he would have a much larger lead on someone who has not even announced he is running yet.

Another epic fail for Obama and not very good news at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2011, 07:17 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,853,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
LMAO, that would be hilarious. Probably the worst possible news for the GOP.
That would be great! Mr Ego might just do that, think of what that would do for the TV show.

Old 04-13-2011, 07:54 AM

37,802 posts, read 41,008,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragneel View Post
From an interview with WSJ: “I am very conservative,” said Mr. Trump. “The concern is if I don’t win [the GOP primary] will I run as an independent, and I think the answer is probably yes.” Mr. Trump said he thought he “could possibly win as an independent,” adding, “I’m not doing it for any other reason. I like winning.”

RealClearPolitics - Video - Trump: If I Don't Win GOP Nod, I'll "Probbaly" Run As An Independent
Let's think about this for a minute. With Obama running unopposed, in states where they can do it, Democrats are going to crossover and vote in the Republican primary. And the Republican candidate they will vote for will be the one they think Obama could most likely defeat. We'll get stuck with a candidate we won't want. Therefore, Trump saying if he doesn't get the GOP nomination may run as an independent seems like a really good idea to me. He's got the money to do it.

Old 04-13-2011, 08:40 AM

6,721 posts, read 5,201,401 times
lol, you still trying to pretend the teabagger are NOT the GOP by another name? good one, LOL Ok, let's pretend along with you for a moment... the premise is the teabaggers are these "less taxes-smaller government" independents that the GOP is hoping to draw into their camp in November. Apparently that isn't working and once the middle class discovers the teabags' hidden agenda to hose them again. face it, the middle has seen enough and is drifting away...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
I did not mention the TP at all.

Conservatism is GROWING, liberalism is dying.

There are MORE TP members now then there are liberals in America.

Slice it any way you like it and liberals are a lowly minority out of ALL groups.

Old 04-13-2011, 09:38 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Let's think about this for a minute. With Obama running unopposed, in states where they can do it, Democrats are going to crossover and vote in the Republican primary. And the Republican candidate they will vote for will be the one they think Obama could most likely defeat. We'll get stuck with a candidate we won't want. Therefore, Trump saying if he doesn't get the GOP nomination may run as an independent seems like a really good idea to me. He's got the money to do it.
So did Perot and look what we got. As for cross overs, I do not think this should be allowed, but I can't change the law...Why should the "other side" regardless of which side be able to help decide who will be my party's choice?

Old 04-13-2011, 11:08 AM

11,486 posts, read 15,305,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
lol, you still trying to pretend the teabagger are NOT the GOP by another name? good one, LOL Ok, let's pretend along with you for a moment... the premise is the teabaggers are these "less taxes-smaller government" independents that the GOP is hoping to draw into their camp in November. Apparently that isn't working and once the middle class discovers the teabags' hidden agenda to hose them again. face it, the middle has seen enough and is drifting away...

FACTS

Conservatives 41%
Independents 31%
Loons 20%

Again, I never said anything about the TP.

The only pretending here is you not accepting the fact that conservatism has and is growing since Oboma took office.

Liberalism is a dying breed in America and that is a very good thing. Stop denying the facts by being scared of the TP and making up thoughts.

Facts are the lliberal looney bird anti American haters are pulling up the REAR END.

Old 04-13-2011, 11:34 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,530,120 times
The Right is running scared with that nut Donald Trump threatening to run...LOL!

Trump bid a political freak show? - CNN.com

http://www.politicususa.com/en/donald-trump-ross-perot

Old 04-13-2011, 11:41 AM

6,721 posts, read 5,201,401 times
you have mixed party loyalty/affiliation with political ideology. try using the liberal, conservative, and moderate spectrum OR dem's, repub's and independents spectrum, not a hybrid of both.

being conservative is not the exclusive providence of the GOP, many Dem's are conservative, either fiscally or socially.

Fact is you guys on the right are losing the middle with your radical "screw the middle class and give more tax cuts to the wealthy" agenda. We'll see how the polls work for you guys in the next year or so.

Quote:
FACTS

Conservatives 41%
Independents 31%
Loons 20%

Again, I never said anything about the TP.

The only pretending here is you not accepting the fact that conservatism has and is growing since Oboma took office.

Liberalism is a dying breed in America and that is a very good thing. Stop denying the facts by being scared of the TP and making up thoughts.

Facts are the lliberal looney bird anti American haters are pulling up the REAR END.

Old 04-13-2011, 11:48 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,848,488 times
He will find that his run as a independent probably ends like most and that that ends his career in the party pretty much.I really doubt has he gets profeesional campaign advisors he will do it as its a end game move really.

Old 04-13-2011, 01:29 PM

22,184 posts, read 19,459,426 times
Quote:
18 points is not very good at all when Obama is suppose to be the one who walks on water, the greatest thing since sliced bread etc.

Can you imagine if he was not such a failure he would have a much larger lead on someone who has not even announced he is running yet.

Another epic fail for Obama and not very good news at all.
18 points is absolutely excellent for any President running against someone with extremely high name recognition. Whether or not that person is an announced candidate, 18 points is through the roof.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections