Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2011, 08:51 AM

11,998 posts, read 12,938,715 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by analyze_this View Post
The only person who can beat Obama is Romney, a RINO.

LOL.
Romney will not beat Obama, nor will GinGrinch. Not only do they not have strong Conservative support (and rightfully so) but they will attract ZERO Democrats, no matter how terrible the economy is next year.

Ron Paul is the only candidate that can bring American together and if he were given the chance to run against Obama I feel it would be a landslide win.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2011, 09:04 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,315,210 times
This lineup of GOP buffoons is so not ready for prime time i'm starting to wonder if the GOP want to lose on purpose so they can have another fun filled 4 more years of whining and moaning and blaming everything on the other side.

Old 12-15-2011, 09:07 AM

1,211 posts, read 1,534,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
This lineup of GOP buffoons is so not ready for prime time i'm starting to wonder if the GOP want to lose on purpose so they can have another fun filled 4 more years of whining and moaning and blaming everything on the other side.
This is the worst time to be the President. You would be better off sitting out the next 4 years and wait for 2016 when things stabilize globally.

Old 12-15-2011, 09:13 AM

3,498 posts, read 2,218,751 times
Herman Cain, because the Cain Train is unbeatable.

Old 12-15-2011, 09:15 AM

4,100 posts, read 4,517,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
Romney will not beat Obama, nor will GinGrinch. Not only do they not have strong Conservative support (and rightfully so) but they will attract ZERO Democrats, no matter how terrible the economy is next year.

Ron Paul is the only candidate that can bring American together and if he were given the chance to run against Obama I feel it would be a landslide win.
Yep. Paul supporters are coming from all over. Disgruntled Obama supporters, Tea Party types, Occupiers, conservatives, etc. I completely agree with you

Old 12-15-2011, 11:01 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,941,526 times
Quote:

He cannot even beat the idiots and sleezy fellow Repubs in the Primaries and yet you think he should be GIVEN a chance. His chance is now and he is not doing well, all you have to do is look at the latest polls, Paul is still far behind and guess what, he will remain there. Heck, is ideas on abortion and the military are both enough to ensure he will Never be President and as Martha would say, that is a Good Thing

Old 12-15-2011, 11:03 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,941,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
I have been wondered the same thing, and now I am begining to think there is some merit to it. Their choice.

Old 12-15-2011, 08:18 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,292,202 times
Quote:
I doubt Romney or Gingrich can even get independents, unless you consider Neocon tebaggers independents, which I don't.

Old 12-16-2011, 12:57 AM

7,975 posts, read 7,353,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
I doubt Romney or Gingrich can even get independents, unless you consider Neocon tebaggers independents, which I don't.
Then what DO you consider them? Civil and mature answer, please.

Regardless of what they are, they will have an impact in the 2012 election. They did in 2010.

Old 12-16-2011, 01:47 AM

29,218 posts, read 22,371,062 times
The Republicans are torn two ways- they all want to see Obama go, but they can't give up their social agendas. To win, they have to find a candidate that will appeal to crossover voters more strongly than a weakened sitting President who still has high ratings in personal likeability, and that will require a good fiscal agenda, not a social agenda.

Everyone is either hurting or worried right now economically. That means the emotional stuff is going to play as big a part in 2012 as it did in 2008, or in 2006, when the first signs of a recession were beginning to darken our skies. The gays, women, vets leaving the service, the long-term unemployed, the young, and the minorities are all going to play a deciding factor in this election.

If the Republicans are on the wrong side of issues that pertain to all these groups, they lose.

No one is going to vote out Obama, who has been on the right side of all these groups, even though he has let all of them down. They are simply not going to give up a known guy in these hard times and take a chance on another, who is an unknown. It's just the same now as when Bush won in 2004.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections