Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2011, 07:49 AM

5,984 posts, read 13,414,034 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclone8570 View Post
Is there anything factually wrong with my statements? They were democrats.

The democratic party claims this as part of its history...
They were Democrats. My point was that they were not liberals, they were conservatives.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2011, 07:51 AM

10,420 posts, read 10,827,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quality guy View Post
Tea Party Heroine Bachmann Announcing Republican Presidential Run in Iowa - Bloomberg

Michele Bachmann, the Minnesota congresswoman whose attacks on President Barack Obama and his policies made her a favorite of Tea Party activists, pivots from talk to action today as she formally enters the 2012 Republican presidential contest in a state critical to her bid.
Bachmann will begin her campaign in Waterloo, Iowa, the city where she was born and the state where a strong finish in its caucuses would solidify her place as a major challenger to former Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney, the frontrunner in polls in the Republican race.
You hope and pray.

Old 06-30-2011, 09:13 AM

10,016 posts, read 12,577,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
LOL LOL LOL, That's the old right wing style. Attack the messenger and not the message. If you have anything to refute my message, well then lets hear it. You won't refute it because everything I say about the right wing in the USA is true.

By the way I would like to add that I am a commited Christian. I abhor the so called "Christian Right" in the USA. Everytime they open their mouths they heap Dung on the head of Jesus. In the bible the only class of people that Jesus clearly dispised were the so called "religious leaders" of the day.When these so called Christians get to meet with Jesus face to face he will say to them as he promised in the bible. "I was hungry and you fed me not, I was thristy and you gave me no water. I was naked and you clothed me not, I was in prison and you visited me not. Get away from me I never knew you".
I am also a pro lifer. I don't for a minute though believe that the federal republicans will ever do anything about abortion. Their opposition to it seems much more like political opportunism than anything else. They use this issue to get the Christian vote and it works even though the vast majority of thier programme is actually anti Christian.

We have the same folks here in Canada. They are anti abortion and they now have a majority government. That means they can push through any legislation they want to as long as it's constitutional. I will bet anything this government will not do a thing to reduce abortion and in fact after being elected they promised not to even touch the issue. They continue to get the majority of the Christian vote eventhough their words are hollow and false. They also say they are profamily and then cut programmes that are for the good of families.

Old 06-30-2011, 09:18 AM

5,984 posts, read 13,414,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
I am also a pro lifer. I don't for a minute though believe that the federal republicans will ever do anything about abortion. Their opposition to it seems much more like political opportunism than anything else. They use this issue to get the Christian vote and it works even though the vast majority of thier programme is actually anti Christian.

We have the same folks here in Canada. They are anti abortion and they now have a majority government. That means they can push through any legislation they want to as long as it's constitutional. I will bet anything this government will not do a thing to reduce abortion and in fact after being elected they promised not to even touch the issue. They continue to get the majority of the Christian vote eventhough their words are hollow and false. They also say they are profamily and then cut programmes that are for the good of families.
So the Conservative Party (Canada) isn't going to do anything about abortion, even though they campaigned on it? Wow, that sounds a lot like politicians here. Lies, lies, lies.

At least in the US, abortion can't be banned because of an old Supreme Court ruling (Roe v. Wade). The only way it could be outlawed is if the "nonpartisan" (in theory) Supreme Court overturns it. However, Republicans have passed restrictions on abortion, like pregnancy education, waiting periods and partial-birth abortion bans.

Old 06-30-2011, 09:24 AM

10,016 posts, read 12,577,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northstar22 View Post
I definitely don't consider myself part of the "Christian Right." My views are more centrist than right, I don't like how many conservative Republicans oppose government programs that help the poor, improve education, reduce violence and work toward peace. I really wish the Democrats and other moderates and progressives weren't married to abortion and gay marriage, otherwise I -- and many other Christians I know -- would probably vote for them. I would even vote for a pro-gay marriage candidate that was pro-life. But progressives in this country (unlike many in Europe or South America) make abortion one of their core causes, and I just can't keep voting for that.

The reason I like Bachmann is her strong faith and pro-life, pro-morality views. That's it. I disagree with her other political positions. As a Christian, I hope that if she truly does know God, she will follow His leading and seek His wisdom if/when she becomes president.
This quote was supposed to be in my previous post. I don't know why it didn't come through. Since I'm here I have something else to say in regards to this post. I urge you to go and examine Bachmann's record. The facts paint her as a total liar and hypocrate. She is opposed to earmarks but not for her own district. She is opposed to subsidies but not when they benefit her personally. Her interests in the family farm has paid her tens of thousands in income while collecting hundreds of thousands in federal subsidies. Her and her husbands counseling business has collected hundreds of thousands from medicade all the while she claims she is totally opposed to it.

If you can see any morality in these FACTS then you have a strange definition of the word. What I bet is that you are not aware of the facts and that is exactly what these kinds of politicans depend on.

Old 06-30-2011, 02:18 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,659,924 times
Default Don't trust Bachmann either

But I do like Sarah Palin more than the 'usual suspects' who are now entered.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections