Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2011, 05:47 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,208,954 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nep321 View Post
Just thought I would share that I have been seeing a lot of Obama 2O12 bumper stickers on cars around here in Connecticut. I haven't seen a single sign of support for the GOP of 2012. Has anyone else been seeing them lately?

is that your big gauge??
LOL
I live in Atlanta GA and I have seen 3
he does not have a bats chance in hell of winning
get ready......the u-haul is on the way!!
YIPPPPEEE
ON HAPPY DAYS!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2011, 08:26 PM

15,446 posts, read 21,357,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
Just which part of Tex do you live in? I would argue that a person has more to lose when they sport a Dem bumper sticker than a Repug one. What kind of "serious job discrimination" are you talking about? Can you give an example?
I'm not sure what you mean by "more to lose" but my experience says liberals are more destructive and vicious when they find someone who doesn't tow their line. Your use of the word Repug in an otherwise civil discussion I give as an example.

My incidences did not happen in Texas. I've only been back to the State for the past ten years or so. The automobile damage occurred while living in Maryland and the property damage occurred in New Mexico. Regarding the job discrimination, I would rather not provide details of such a serious charge in an anonymous forum.

Old 09-11-2011, 08:32 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,826,104 times
I also live in Atlanta and have seen probably 20 or more Obama 2012 stickers. It actually was pretty surprising to me. I go to Whole Foods a lot though and Trader Joes and I see them a lot at these stores and in the surrounding neighborhoods.

Old 09-11-2011, 09:40 PM

11,431 posts, read 19,003,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
I also live in Atlanta and have seen probably 20 or more Obama 2012 stickers. It actually was pretty surprising to me. I go to Whole Foods a lot though and Trader Joes and I see them a lot at these stores and in the surrounding neighborhoods.
City of ATL is pretty Democratic though. Obama or ANY Dem candidate would have to do very well there to counteract the REST of Alabama, oops Georgia.

Old 09-11-2011, 09:42 PM

11,431 posts, read 19,003,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by High_Plains_Retired View Post
I'm not sure what you mean by "more to lose" but my experience says liberals are more destructive and vicious when they find someone who doesn't tow their line. Your use of the word Repug in an otherwise civil discussion I give as an example.

My incidences did not happen in Texas. I've only been back to the State for the past ten years or so. The automobile damage occurred while living in Maryland and the property damage occurred in New Mexico. Regarding the job discrimination, I would rather not provide details of such a serious charge in an anonymous forum.

I've seen Dems called much worse on this forum. I think that you're bluffing about the job discrimination charge. Is your case so specific that someone would know that it's you on an anonymous forum?

Old 09-12-2011, 05:37 AM

2,793 posts, read 6,124,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
From Wikipedia....

According to the 2010 census, the racial composition of the city of Atlanta was as follows:

Black or African American: 54.0%
White: 38.4% (Non-Hispanic Whites: 36.3%)
Asian: 3.1%
Native American: 0.2%
Native Hawaiian and Other Pacific Islander: 0.0%
Some other race: 2.2%
Two or more races: 2.0%
Hispanic or Latino (of any race): 5.3%

Old 09-12-2011, 05:54 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
I see old Obama stickers here in Lieralville Austin, but Ron Paul Stickers rule the roads here.

Old 09-12-2011, 06:16 AM

628 posts, read 1,316,119 times
Saw this one yesterday: 2012 End Of An Error.

Old 09-12-2011, 06:49 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,826,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
City of ATL is pretty Democratic though. Obama or ANY Dem candidate would have to do very well there to counteract the REST of Alabama, oops Georgia.
I do agree with this but I still am pretty surprised whenever I see the stickers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zz4guy View Post
From Wikipedia....

According to the 2010 census, the racial composition of the city of Atlanta was as follows:

Black or African American: 54.0%
White: 38.4% (Non-Hispanic Whites: 36.3%)
Asian: 3.1%
Native American: 0.2%
Native Hawaiian and Other Pacific Islander: 0.0%
Some other race: 2.2%
Two or more races: 2.0%
Hispanic or Latino (of any race): 5.3%

And I know Atlanta is majority black. Most people know this. I am black (but not a Democrat). I actually responded because another poster, Georgia Dem, said that he/she had only seen 3 in Atlanta. I live in the city and see them quite often. And just to let you know, pretty much all of the Obama 2012 bumper stickers were on the cars of white people. Atlanta's white population (in the city itself, not metro counties/cities) is one of the largest growing populations in the area. Most major cities lean democratic though, Atlanta is no different and I have no doubt that Georgia's electoral votes will go to the Republican candidate. But I actually do see the same amount of Obama 2012 as Obama 2008 stickers that are still on cars driving around. I have also seen 3 yard posters for Obama 2012, pretty large ones, so that was quite surprising as well.

Old 09-12-2011, 07:48 AM

3,826 posts, read 3,388,757 times
Every one of those cars are a target for vandalism by Americans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections