Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2011, 06:57 AM

3,504 posts, read 3,925,580 times

Advertisements

remember donald trump? they all wanted him to run on this forum and at one time he was leading to win the nomination.

remember cain? he was supposed to be the real black president, won the fox debate, and was a leader in a couple polls.

remember bachmann? she won iowa and was on every network and was on top of the polls just a bit ago.

now perry, the illegal alien lover takes the top spot, and now the right adores him.

what this tells me. the right has no principles or beliefs it stands for outside of voting how the elite republicans tell them to vote and what the media says.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2011, 07:39 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,946,153 times
Well, duh. The left does the same. The media loves Obama, and you all love him back. Don't pretend that the Left isn't programmed either, because most of you very well are. But, huh, what do I know? I'm just some guy with his tinfoil helmet strapped on too tight to notice huh? I say Obama and the establishment are controlled opposition and you all laugh and say haha shut up you conspiracy theorist when will you all learn it's all smoke and mirrors anyway?

Old 09-04-2011, 08:34 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,134,648 times
Umm....who exactly did the Left back during the 2008 campaign? The front-runners (Hillary/Obama) or ............?

Old 09-04-2011, 09:26 AM

10,190 posts, read 7,958,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post
remember donald trump? they all wanted him to run on this forum and at one time he was leading to win the nomination.

remember cain? he was supposed to be the real black president, won the fox debate, and was a leader in a couple polls.

remember bachmann? she won iowa and was on every network and was on top of the polls just a bit ago.

now perry, the illegal alien lover takes the top spot, and now the right adores him.

what this tells me. the right has no principles or beliefs it stands for outside of voting how the elite republicans tell them to vote and what the media says.
Are you so ignorant or naive to believe that the Democrats (liberals) are not doing the same things or worse???

Old 09-04-2011, 09:36 AM

146 posts, read 89,310 times
Just another liberal slams conservative for no valid reason topic.

Old 09-04-2011, 10:44 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,654,236 times
Quote:

And the left have all their eggs in Obama's basket!

Old 09-04-2011, 11:14 AM

3,504 posts, read 3,925,580 times
i never said the left doesnt do the same thing.

this is about the gop presidential nomination and how most republicans are part of a collective and only do what there master tells them to do.

Old 09-04-2011, 11:40 AM

12,772 posts, read 7,982,264 times
Quote:

this is about the gop presidential nomination and how most republicans are part of a collective and only do what there master tells them to do.
Are you surprised that people cant think for themselves? this isn't a party specific thing, its a result of a watered down educational system, and a vast amount of apathy.

Old 09-04-2011, 11:42 AM

10,130 posts, read 19,885,842 times
Quote:

But if they both do the same thing, why single out the right? Why not title the thread, "The 2 major parties only back front runners and people who the media pushes?"

Also, just how many candidates could the media really follow? I mean, the upcoming GOP debate has 8 participants. There are probably a lot more than that, but can you really follow every single candidate who signs up to run?

I suppose there is a ladder that must be climbed before being able to run as a potential front runner; that ladder might include being a party member for a long time, raising a big amount of money for the party, holding an important public office, etc. Only then can you even have the chance of entering a big race like the presidential one and getting any attention.

Old 09-04-2011, 11:53 AM

2,553 posts, read 2,437,022 times
Quote:

Do I remember Donald Trump? You say, at one time he was leading to win the nomination....if it's the same Donald Trump that I think you're talking about, he never even announced that he was running for president. As a matter of fact, on May 16, 2011 he announced that he was not running for president.

The election is more than a year away. No one is winning anything yet...a couple of polls don't speak for the entire right. Even if they did, in many of those polls, the "undecided" had a higher percentage than any candidate or potential candidate.

Bachmann narrowly won the Iowa straw poll with 29%....Perry didn't even bother to go to Iowa.

I don't know if you remember this but, the right nominated McCain for the 2008 election and at one point his campaign was running in the red...he couldn't pay his staff and many left. He was almost forced to drop out of the race and he came from behind and ended up being nominated.

Instaed of second guessing who the right may or may not pick to run in 2012, why don't you just look at who they did pick in the last election and that pretty much blows your theory out of the water.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections