Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2011, 06:56 PM

10,130 posts, read 19,882,004 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmkcin View Post
I'll give you just one...he's a Texan.
Funny how this doesn't seem to bother the Ron Paul supporters.

What can you say? Texas is a huge state with a big diverse population. It would be a shock if someone from Texas *wasn't* running.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2011, 06:57 PM

Location: Currently I physically reside on the 3rd planet from the sun
2,220 posts, read 1,878,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmkcin View Post
I'll give you just one...he's a Texan.
Oh come on, not all Texan's are bad.

Old 08-13-2011, 07:31 PM

2,216 posts, read 4,541,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JL View Post
You can be pretty sure teachers aren't gonna vote for him.
Amen!!!!!!

Old 08-14-2011, 08:32 AM

3,160 posts, read 4,367,490 times
I don't care who the republican nominee is, I'm voting for them.
Anyone will be better than that idiot in chief we have in there now.

Old 08-14-2011, 08:40 AM

3,100 posts, read 3,302,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bily Lovec View Post

And this folks, explains just about everything you need to know.

Old 08-14-2011, 08:41 AM

4,209 posts, read 3,590,080 times
Quote:
I agree!! I also know so many former Democrats in my area whom feel the same way.

Old 08-14-2011, 08:45 AM

10,130 posts, read 19,882,004 times
Quote:
Yep, this is what an angry electorate does. And they are quite angry.

Old 08-14-2011, 08:52 AM

1,458 posts, read 1,398,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrlFlaUsa View Post
Wow, if there was ever a time to tap such a luscious rainy day fund, I'd say the "worst economy in 30 years" would have been a pretty good reason. Instead Texas' Pride of Greed actually has people celebrating the lost jobs, diminished education, reduced or eliminated services, and the overall lower quality of life this guy has presided over. Shame on him and Texans who support him in this quest to run the Country like a business. Business is accountable to the bottom line only, profit minded. Government is for the people, by the people. That $9 billion rainy day fund is nothing but an attempt to look fiscally responsible and did nothing to serve the needs of the people of Texas during a huge economic downturn (in which Texas posted budget deficits estimated at $27 billion). Again, shame, utter shame. Please tell me how this guy can call himself a Christian...? It's beyond me if Christ is who he is emulating.
But he did tap the Rainy Day fund. I believe they used about $3 billion of it. They delayed an education payment one day for timing. I believe anyone that looks at the latest budget in Texas, you'll see a fairly disingenuous interpretation of "Balanced".

But hey, if he's your guy, go for it.

Old 08-14-2011, 09:03 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,938,262 times
[MOD CUT]
You know what's crazy? Perry and Romney are like the Hopey Changey candodates of the Republican Party. The media are purposely trying to make Republican voters desperate sot hat they won't think and vote in the only guy that would make a difference. Instead, they want to make Republicans voters desperate to go with the "safe" choice and vote in the guy the establishment wants. It's all a concerted effort. The liberal media picks a Republican that is "sane" and the conservative media reinforces that. They all play on the same team! Then guess what happens? Perry is gonna become a pariah like Obama and in come the Democrats again, and rinse and repeat. Keep the smoke and mirrors going. I'm re-registering as Independent after I vote in the PA primaries for Ron Paul. If he doesn't make it to PA, then I'm gonna sit out of the primaries and go Independent earlier. I'm only registered in the GOP to vote for Paul, nothing else

Last edited by Ibginnie; 08-14-2011 at 09:10 AM.. Reason: Deleted quoted post

Old 08-14-2011, 09:34 AM

5,872 posts, read 8,095,507 times
Texas' debt growing at faster rate than U.S. government's | Mitchell Schnurman | Dallas ... (http://www.star-telegram.com/2011/07/12/3217429/texas-debt-growing-at-faster-rate.html - broken link)

Quote:
For all the controversy over the national debt ceiling, here's a surprise: Since 2001, the debt load in conservative Texas has grown faster than the federal debt.Texas has been borrowing more than most other states, too. And local entities, from cities to school districts to transit authorities, have been piling up even more debt.
From 2001 to 2010, state debt alone grew from $13.4 billion to $37.8 billion, according to the Texas Bond Review Board. That's an increase of 281 percent. Over the same time, the national debt rose almost 234 percent, with two wars, two tax cuts and stimulus spending.

Local borrowing accounts for almost 85 percent of public debt in Texas, because the government is so decentralized. Combine state and local borrowing, and Texas ended fiscal 2008 with $216 billion in total debt, up from $98 billion in 2001
And for all of Mr. Good-hair's diatribe...Texas isn't AAA either. Texas was just recently graded AA+ by S&P also as of 10 August '11....with it's outlook.....NEGATIVE.

Anyone including President Obama is better than Mr. Good-hair, well except for Palin. That's a whole other category of dumb.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections