Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2011, 05:24 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,870,558 times

Advertisements

Who would have the guts to tell Obama it was time to stop campaigning? That's all he knows how to do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2011, 05:27 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,301,032 times
Sounds like a good idea. If the Democrats put a viable candidate in his place, like Hilary, there is no way in hell the GOP/Tea Party will win in 2012.

Clinton versus Perry or Bachmann, LMFAO, no contest.

Old 09-01-2011, 05:27 PM

24,014 posts, read 15,115,869 times
!/3 wanted a Democrat. !/3 wanted a Republican. A few could go either way and < than 1/3 don't give a hoot. The citizens of this Nation are at odds in such a hostile way that I cannot imagine why any Democrat would want to be POTUS. If I were Obama, I'd tell the world to kiss my arse on the courthouse steps and move to Canada.
The Congress is in a foul mood. Not much is going to happen. It will be years before the scholars (if there are any left) figure out what happened in the financial markets. People truly believe that a bunch of numnut idiots buying houses they could not afford scammed the entire financial markets and brought down nations? This is a crazy theory, but they believe it, none the less.
Why bother. Let the crazies rule. They will not give up until they win. No one else knows enough to make a judgement.
How can a president control the financial market in a fee enterprise society?
How can a President create jobs?
How can a President set the price of fuel?
Americans have no concept of how governments work. Even their own little local school boards.
They think one small cadre can control everything in a huge nation. Everybody knows better than the people who are trying and working day after day.
I give up.

Old 09-01-2011, 05:35 PM

12,350 posts, read 9,734,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
What with everything still on a down side, sliding the the hill over the cliff and up the river, economy, housing criris, unemployment, businessess, failing and not going away economy, there is a possibility anyone with even half a brain will not makes the same mistake twice.

My dem friends are not voting for him if he is too run, and my black friends will not be suporting him this time around, should he run.
With him in office, way too many good hard working Americans lost jobs under this President only, no one else, this one, i myself know 15 of these families, and some lost their homes too, sad.
You mean your dem friends and your black friends will vote Romney or Perry? Don't think so. They'll stay home....and so will a lot of Independents who want no part of the GOP/Big Business machine that dug us into this hole.

I want no part of Obama's social agenda, but this economic mess is not his.

This isn't just another recession. In the absence of a bold new leader that will stand up to Big Business and bring all things related to this "globalization" race to the bottom BS to a screeching halt, this is a death watch.

Old 09-01-2011, 05:42 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,469,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heritage Member View Post
I have been picking up some chatter suggesting Obama will shock America in his jobs speech next week, when he announces among things that he will not run for re-election in 2012. Chatter suggests this is why he is requesting his announcement be on such a grand stage.

Do you feel this could actually happen and would there be an immediate burst of positive economic activity as a result?
He's probably scared of having to go up against Ron Paul after he wins the Republican nomination and have his stupidity on so many issues he is supposed to have a good grasp on EXPOSED.

Old 09-01-2011, 05:43 PM

24,014 posts, read 15,115,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
You mean your dem friends and your black friends will vote Romney or Perry? Don't think so. They'll stay home....and so will a lot of Independents who want no part of the GOP/Big Business machine that dug us into this hole.

I want no part of Obama's social agenda, but this economic mess is not his.

This isn't just another recession. In the absence of a bold new leader that will stand up to Big Business and bring all things related to this "globalization" race to the bottom BS to a screeching halt, this is a death watch.
You are absolutely correct. We are in the throws of a death watch.
My trouble is I can't figure out whose. Business controls the Congress. Business controls all media in the country.
Citizens have no interest in anything outside their own tiny little world.
John Guld said he could hire 1/2 of us to kill the other 1/2. This is going no place good.
This crap about individual freedoms is gonna kill this country. Who cares about the country? Everybody just wants their tribe to win. To hell with the other tribes.

Old 09-01-2011, 05:43 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,341,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MORebelWoman View Post
You don't think him being ok with sending guns to Mexico is not enough?
It will have to be much bigger than Fast and Furious. People don't really know that much about it as the MSM has gone out of it's way to give this story minimal coverage.

And I'm not predicting a scandal either. I actually don't think Obama is dirty...inept maybe, but not corrupt.

Old 09-01-2011, 05:44 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,958,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Sounds like a good idea. If the Democrats put a viable candidate in his place, like Hilary, there is no way in hell the GOP/Tea Party will win in 2012.

This I agree on. Obama is too vulnerable in 2012 and it may cost the Democrats the entire government. My mother is one of those Hillary Democrats that ended up voting 3rd party because Hillary didn't win.

Old 09-01-2011, 05:45 PM

6,391 posts, read 5,172,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
I would not blame him if he did. If I were Obama, I'd want to get the stench of the GOP as far away from me and mine as humanly possible. I'd take a year long shower after being in such close proximity to the GOP/Tea Party/ Neocon slime.
That stench you smell is that change he promised. It never used to stink so bad till he instituted change.

Old 09-01-2011, 05:46 PM

1,457 posts, read 2,029,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post

Hillary??

I don't think even she is crazy enough to try that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections