Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2011, 04:11 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,447,268 times

Advertisements

Personally i don't think he is going anywhere, the way they have been talking today. I think he is going to try and weather this storm, and a storm it is. Meaning my sister inlaw is also wrong.
I don't like nor i care about Obama, but care more about this Country, and if he can turn it around, i will be happy. Inspite of my feelings for him, this economy has got to turn around, too many good people i know have been out of work for so long now, and half lost their beautiful homes. Yes i want this Country back on track, there are times we need to care more about our Country then a party affilation. Do i give him a free pass at this point no i do not, but if he can turn this economy around, unemployment, businesses, housing, i will be happy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2011, 04:13 PM

59,089 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
I would not blame him if he did. If I were Obama, I'd want to get the stench of the GOP as far away from me and mine as humanly possible. I'd take a year long shower after being in such close proximity to the GOP/Tea Party/ Neocon slime.
And some people wonder why the left is called "The loony left"!

And some on here actually say, even open threads, claiming the left is more intelligent.

Old 09-02-2011, 04:48 PM

3,382 posts, read 4,081,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaTrang View Post
No, it shows that Cobb is tuck in that ideology.
Unfortunately Cobb is only one of many that believe this way.

Old 09-02-2011, 05:50 PM

12,997 posts, read 13,647,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaTrang View Post
No, it shows that Cobb is tuck in that ideology.
I'm not "tuck" in anything.

Old 09-02-2011, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhawkins74 View Post
Unfortunately Cobb is only one of many that believe this way.
I don't see how or why you are equating my observation with Jim Crow-ism. Half black is pretty much all black in the minds of most white Americans, and I think most black Americans too. That's not a racist statement; that's an observation.

Old 09-02-2011, 05:59 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,858,535 times
I can't believe this thread has gotten this long for no reason... Obama is going to run, he didn't collect tens of millions of dollars to say that he isn't going to run.... why people keep posting nonsense in this thread... to the tune of 15 pages!! I guess I just don't understand...

Old 09-02-2011, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
I don't see how or why you are equating my observation with Jim Crow-ism. Half black is pretty much all black in the minds of most white Americans, and I think most black Americans too. That's not a racist statement; that's an observation.
looking at half black as all black is following the one drop rule brought from the jim crow era. that is how it is racist.

Old 09-02-2011, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhawkins74 View Post
looking at half black as all black is following the one drop rule brought from the jim crow era. that is how it is racist.
I don't support any policies that discriminate based on race in any way. In my professional and personal life I interact with black people on a regular basis. One of my black friends was shocked when she came to my house and my daughter had books with black characters and black dolls. I was at first confused until she explained that she didnt' realize white people have "black" toys and books. Um, yep. We do.

I'm not some white-guilt liberal. I did not purchase these on purpose to make some kind of racial point. These were simply items my daughter picked out for herself. Roughly half of her friends are black. Why? We live in the Atlanta metro area, and my wife and I picked out an area where we were comfortable -- which was a diverse one, like the one we grew up in.

I'm sure you think you have some point to make, but you don't. I voted for Obama because he was the guy who best represented my agenda in 2008. I would have voted for him had he been white, half-black or all-black. I think Cain and West are jokes. Not because they are black, but because they are jokes. Again, in America, for most Americans half-black is indistinguishable from all black.

Old 09-02-2011, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
I don't support any policies that discriminate based on race in any way. In my professional and personal life I interact with black people on a regular basis. One of my black friends was shocked when she came to my house and my daughter had books with black characters and black dolls. I was at first confused until she explained that she didnt' realize white people have "black" toys and books. Um, yep. We do.

I'm not some white-guilt liberal. I did not purchase these on purpose to make some kind of racial point. These were simply items my daughter picked out for herself. Roughly half of her friends are black. Why? We live in the Atlanta metro area, and my wife and I picked out an area where we were comfortable -- which was a diverse one, like the one we grew up in.

I'm sure you think you have some point to make, but you don't. I voted for Obama because he was the guy who best represented my agenda in 2008. I would have voted for him had he been white, half-black or all-black. I think Cain and West are jokes. Not because they are black, but because they are jokes. Again, in America, for most Americans half-black is indistinguishable from all black.
and for most americans their look at half black as being all black comes from years of racist laws. Do I think that it comes from a hatred of blacks? no, but I do think it is something that has been passed down through generations that needs to be changed.

So, how about people that are half black and half white that look 100% white? are they still considered all black?

And I didnt vote for Obama, and it had nothing to do with his skin color, it had to do with him being a Democrat and his platform.

Old 09-02-2011, 06:37 PM

9,894 posts, read 22,027,890 times
I predict Obama will run for re-election in 2012 but will lose.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections