Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2011, 06:12 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,317,058 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
You should be out collecting money for insurance policies for those friends of yours who a irresponsible.
Actually, I spent today helping out a friend with brain cancer who has no insurance, because his employer did not offer it. He had lost a previous job that did provide insurance due to the economic down turn, and was working this job while looking for a better one, but bad luck and cancer caught him at a bad time. I've got my own problems due to the economy, so money is tight. My friend no longer has cable because he can't afford it, his computer and books were his only source of entertainment. And his computer was 10 years old and in bad shape. I pulled together some donations from mutual friends to help offset some of my costs, and bought him a new computer.

I suppose you think that was stupid of me, but I can live with that. I live what I preach, I don't b**** about the government and entitlements for people who dont deserve them, then come running to it for a handout whenever I get in trouble myself.

What I find hard to live with is the reprehensible hate and behavior of a large percentage of the Tea Party and the idiots who deny that such behavior exists.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2011, 06:15 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,317,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
Tea Party Message: You did not see what you saw, or hear what you heard.
They think they are all Jedi masters. "These are not the droids you are looking for..."

Old 09-13-2011, 06:16 PM

18,665 posts, read 20,032,190 times
Ditto, last sentence, GWhopper.

Old 09-13-2011, 06:27 PM

24,644 posts, read 38,760,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporin View Post
I go to a wonderful, small town Unitarian church. We do a LOT of charitable work in the community, and help our neighbors out in times of trouble.

But there is a HUGE difference between showing up with a casserole when someone is sick and ponying up thousands to keep a congregant's medicine's refilled, or pay their surgery costs after an accident.

My sense is that anyone that thinks "churches" will just step up and pay for someone's crippling medical bills hasn't been involved with a Church's board or finances in a long, long time.
To my point. Those who think the goodness of people's hearts should be a substitute for a intelligently run national health care system are delusional.

Old 09-13-2011, 06:29 PM

24,644 posts, read 38,760,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWhopper View Post
If this was Ancient Rome, the Tea Partiers would be cheering for the lions.
Yup. Even the ones who call themselves Christians.

Old 09-13-2011, 06:32 PM

8,662 posts, read 9,195,324 times
Quote:
They think they are all Jedi masters. "These are not the droids you are looking for..."
Funny...

Old 09-13-2011, 06:33 PM

1,258 posts, read 2,318,121 times
I used to work in corporate for a company that provided benefits for all of its employees. The majority of the employees were paid bottom of the barrel wages. For some reason because they offered benefits to so many low-wage employees the cost was much higher? Anyway, insurance for a family was like 600-700/month. Most of those people were barely making 1600/month.

So according to the tea-tards these bottom feeding scum should die if they get sick because they were the irresponsible ones who didn't have insurance. That sounds great to a chrsitian warrior Republican, but realistically...I can't imagine somebody with a family is really going to be able to spend 50% of their income on health insurance...???

Oh wait...the church will make up the difference!

Old 09-13-2011, 06:34 PM

17,412 posts, read 12,035,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
To my point. Those who think the goodness of people's hearts should be a substitute for a intelligently run national health care system are delusional.
Then why stop at healthcare. Hey, let's all get free food. We'll have a mandate that all grocery stores and restaurants sell their food for what they pay for it. Gotta eat, right? And clothes. And shoes. And a car. And gas.

Really, where does it end?

Your last sentence sums up why I so completely oppose govt run healthcare - our federal govt has run NOTHING intelligently. Those programs are full of fraud, waste and abuse. If you think a bureaucrat in DC can manage my healthcare better than I can, you are the one that is delusional.

Old 09-13-2011, 06:36 PM

17,523 posts, read 24,775,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAisGreat View Post
I used to work in corporate for a company that provided benefits for all of its employees. The majority of the employees were paid bottom of the barrel wages. For some reason because they offered benefits to so many low-wage employees the cost was much higher? Anyway, insurance for a family was like 600-700/month. Most of those people were barely making 1600/month.

So according to the tea-tards these bottom feeding scum should die if they get sick because they were the irresponsible ones who didn't have insurance. That sounds great to a chrsitian warrior Republican, but realistically...I can't imagine somebody with a family is really going to be able to spend 50% of their income on health insurance...???

Oh wait...the church will make up the difference!
The CEO of United health Care's salary accounts for every eigth dollar they take in. So each of these low wage employees would be contributing about $100 to his salary

Old 09-13-2011, 06:41 PM

14,490 posts, read 26,660,966 times
Quote:
For all the Faux Christians out there who would celebrate a man's death because he chose not to get insurance: "Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers, you did it to me.'"
(Matthew 25.35-40 ESV)

Last time I checked, Jesus didn't have crucification insurance. Shame on Him.
so very true. he was a poor carpenter too, so some of the far right would advocate culling of the poor
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections