Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2011, 12:42 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,462,787 times

Advertisements

The USA has been swimming to the left under Obama and is in desperate need of correction.

There will be a conservative who reclaims the White House in 2012.

And frankly I don't think the politician will be moderate. I predict that the candidate will be more to the right of center.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/09/17/us...-received.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2011, 12:51 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,818,404 times
Swimming left? I don't think so. We have virtually every failed policy under Bush still active. Obama has been a center/right republican leading. The country if anything shifted from far right to just center right, as to why things are not improving as well as they should if he was a strong democratic leader.

Though there is no chance in hell the GOP is going to win. Their approval numbers are horrific, the tea party are out of control, they refuse to make any spending cuts, attacks on seniors, labor, and the middle class, causing the credit downgrade etc,...
The american people have gotten a taste of what the GOP is all about, and their extremism is going to cost them the election.

Old 09-19-2011, 12:57 PM

3,504 posts, read 3,926,065 times
intrade says obama 49.6 percent chance of re-election.

its a dead heat right now.

but we dont know the nominee yet.

for certain obama will be the favorite vs any republican candidate in the beginning.

Old 09-19-2011, 02:06 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,462,787 times
I honestly don't think it's a remote possibility that Obama is reelected.

Old 09-19-2011, 02:42 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,857,355 times
Once the SCOTUS rules against Obamacare in mid 2012 it'll be all over, Obama might as well start moving furniture back to Chicago.

Old 09-19-2011, 03:48 PM

1,970 posts, read 1,762,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Swimming left? I don't think so. We have virtually every failed policy under Bush still active. Obama has been a center/right republican leading. The country if anything shifted from far right to just center right, as to why things are not improving as well as they should if he was a strong democratic leader.

Though there is no chance in hell the GOP is going to win. Their approval numbers are horrific, the tea party are out of control, they refuse to make any spending cuts, attacks on seniors, labor, and the middle class, causing the credit downgrade etc,...
The american people have gotten a taste of what the GOP is all about, and their extremism is going to cost them the election.
LOLOLOL Gotta laugh at anyone who honestly thinks that Bush was a conservative. He was not and is not. Liberal is what he was and still is. Perry is not conservative either.

Old 09-19-2011, 03:58 PM

2,673 posts, read 3,250,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post
intrade says obama 49.6 percent chance of re-election.

its a dead heat right now.

but we dont know the nominee yet.

for certain obama will be the favorite vs any republican candidate in the beginning.
A lot will depend on who the Republicans nominate. Romney or Huntsman could give Obama a fight. The others will lose and will get a slaughtered. They are too extreme, and some are outright nuts. Also, Obama has not even started campaigning. Wait until he rolls out the forces, and kicks it in high gear. You think you saw a force last time? He will be fighting this time.

For me, what hurts Obama is he tries to please too many people. He has to decide which team he is on and then stay the course. If he then loses, he loses with dignity, but he will increase his chances of support and thus, winning if he stands up and fights back.

I do not believe the Republicans will take the WH in 2012. It's still early, so we'll see how this evolves.

Old 09-19-2011, 06:22 PM

5,864 posts, read 4,982,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
The USA has been swimming to the left under Obama and is in desperate need of correction.

There will be a conservative who reclaims the White House in 2012.

And frankly I don't think the politician will be moderate. I predict that the candidate will be more to the right of center.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/09/17/us...-received.html
We already have someone right of center in the White House.

Old 09-19-2011, 06:29 PM

5,864 posts, read 4,982,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecovlke View Post
A lot will depend on who the Republicans nominate. Romney or Huntsman could give Obama a fight. The others will lose and will get a slaughtered. They are too extreme, and some are outright nuts. Also, Obama has not even started campaigning. Wait until he rolls out the forces, and kicks it in high gear. You think you saw a force last time? He will be fighting this time.

For me, what hurts Obama is he tries to please too many people. He has to decide which team he is on and then stay the course. If he then loses, he loses with dignity, but he will increase his chances of support and thus, winning if he stands up and fights back.

I do not believe the Republicans will take the WH in 2012. It's still early, so we'll see how this evolves.
Obama tries to please his corporate lobby and the MIC that's it. He advertised himself as a left of center politician who wouldn't bow to corporate fat cats and fight for legit change in the country. Many on the left bought it, I never did. I want to like Obama, I want to believe he's finally going to stand up and fight for what he believes in, but every time he folds like a wet paper towel. He said he was for a strong public option, he folded instantly on that and sold out with "Obamacare," he said he would close Gitmo, he folded, he said he would let the Bush tax cuts expire, he wilted, he promised to clean up Wall St, he sold out, etc. Time and again he makes these promises and then goes back on them. How many times must liberals/progressives/left of center Americans be fooled before they see through this guy.

I used to think Obama had the right intentions but just was too pragmatic to follow his heart. I now doubt he has any ideals, he's just a political chameleon who panders to get elected. Obama just dances to the tune that the MIC and Wall St calls.

Old 09-19-2011, 08:18 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,572,790 times
From your column:

"The poll found a 43 percent approval rating for Mr. Obama. It is significantly higher than Jimmy Carter, who had an approval rating of 31 percent at a similar time in his presidency, according to the Times and CBS News poll, which showed Ronald Reagan with an approval of 46 percent and the elder George Bush at 70 percent. "

Obama's not a Carter, he's closer to a Reagan. And his opponents create no excitement whatsoever. In fact, Perry is creating fear amongst Texas Republicans because down here we know he has no shot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections