Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2011, 06:19 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,660,694 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
You don't seem to be looking at the polling. I am not saying that Obama is the best candidate and if there was a strong centrist Republican candidate on the otherside he would probably lose, but it is the Republican's fault. A right wing Republican is not going to win. Obama should send a thank you not to the Tea Party. Thank you for ushering in four more years for me.
Which polling...your own delusional one?

Yeah, I'm looking at the polling...why don't you have a fresh look...yourself
Daily Presidential Tracking Poll - Rasmussen Reports™

Sunday, September 25, 2011

The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Sunday shows that 20% of the nation's voters Strongly Approve of the way that Barack Obama is performing his role as president. Forty-three percent (43%) Strongly Disapprove, giving Obama a Presidential Approval Index rating of -23 (see trends).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2011, 06:27 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,950,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quality guy View Post
Which polling...your own delusional one?

Yeah, I'm looking at the polling...why don't you have a fresh look...yourself
Daily Presidential Tracking Poll - Rasmussen Reports™

Sunday, September 25, 2011

The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Sunday shows that 20% of the nation's voters Strongly Approve of the way that Barack Obama is performing his role as president. Forty-three percent (43%) Strongly Disapprove, giving Obama a Presidential Approval Index rating of -23 (see trends).
I see how you are confused. You are confusing Obama's approval rating with his presidential odds. I can see why you would do that. That would be common sense. However, you have failed to factor in how downright bad the republican candidates are. Here is the actual polls of Obama against the republican candidates. Not to good.

RealClearPolitics - President Obama vs. Republican Candidates

Old 09-25-2011, 06:28 PM

1,004 posts, read 2,772,544 times
The GOP wants to nominate a social extremist which would work against them in that it would become only more difficult to swing the Independent and Democratic vote needed to win the electoral college.
Santorum, Bachmann, then Perry and Cain I think are viewed as the most extremist. Paul is viewed as a radical, and Gringrich does not seem to compete enough in that he always state that the candidates on stage are his friends ( I doubt this role will help him). I'm not sure if Romney just want the title of being president or what it is. Huntsman seems like an interesting candidate, but I know very little about him/ record. Though I think he could be a competitive candidate in that he and president Obama are similar in perspective of their own parties. Wouldn't be surprised if the two are/ were friends.

Last edited by timeofseasons; 09-25-2011 at 06:42 PM..

Old 09-25-2011, 06:34 PM

Quote:
I see how you are confused. You are confusing Obama's approval rating with his presidential odds. I can see why you would do that. That would be common sense. However, you have failed to factor in how downright bad the republican candidates are. Here is the actual polls of Obama against the republican candidates. Not to good.

RealClearPolitics - President Obama vs. Republican Candidates

I hope you realize how much 'respect' for you...I have

And you could run against BO...and likely win. He is toast! Folks aren't going to send that 'fraud' back for 4 more!!

Old 09-25-2011, 06:37 PM

Quote:

And you could run against BO...and likely win. He is toast! Folks aren't going to send that 'fraud' back for 4 more!!
It is nice to be respected, thank you, but I don't want the job of POTUS. I am happy where I am, but thanks for the endorsement.

Old 09-25-2011, 06:43 PM

Quote:
It is nice to be respected, thank you, but I don't want the job of POTUS. I am happy where I am, but thanks for the endorsement.
Originally Posted by quality guy
__________________________________________________ _______________

I almost bit my 'tongue off, as it was firmly planted in cheek' when I wrote my sarcasm regarding 'respect' for you.

Old 09-25-2011, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quality guy
__________________________________________________ _______________

I almost bit my 'tongue off, as it was firmly planted in cheek' when I wrote my sarcasm regarding 'respect' for you.

I saw no sarcasm or personal attack. I took it as a compliment. Thank you very much. You are very sweet.

Old 09-25-2011, 06:49 PM

Quote:
I saw no sarcasm or personal attack. I took it as a compliment. Thank you very much. You are very sweet.
Well...you were WRONG. No compliment.

Old 09-25-2011, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Well...you were WRONG. No compliment.
So it was a personal attack. Tsk, Tsk. Those are against the rules. Are you sure it was not a compliment?

Lets try to stay on point of the thread, and whether you like me or not is not the point of the thread and is of little care to me.

The point of the thread is inspite of the Republican desire to sow the seed of discontent by trying to endorse another candidate, Democrats are not going to fall for it.

Old 09-25-2011, 07:00 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
I see how you are confused. You are confusing Obama's approval rating with his presidential odds.
So you think people who disapprove of the president, will show up and vote for him anyways? NEWS FLASH. They would much rather stay home
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections