Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2011, 11:04 PM

407 posts, read 388,938 times

Advertisements

Hannity in particular is so blatantly pushing for Perry he looks like the High School dork who suddenly has a chance to be friends with the popular quarterback. He pushed his way past Republican pundit straight into Perry sychophant.[/quote]

Or Laura Ingraham in this video:
Coulter: Perry's Immigration Policy More Troubling Than RomneyCare | RealClearPolitics

To paraphrase

Ann Coulter: Rick Perry's immigration policy is a much bigger problem than Romney's problem of RomneyCare.

Laura Ingraham: Wait wait wait. Let's talk about Rick Santorum.

LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2011, 11:59 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,170,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hashbrown View Post
Hannity in particular is so blatantly pushing for Perry he looks like the High School dork who suddenly has a chance to be friends with the popular quarterback. He pushed his way past Republican pundit straight into Perry sychophant.
Coulter: Perry's Immigration Policy More Troubling Than RomneyCare | RealClearPolitics

To paraphrase

Ann Coulter: Rick Perry's immigration policy is a much bigger problem than Romney's problem of RomneyCare.

LOL[/quote]

Yep, I saw it. Ann Coulter tells them they are biased. They haven't had her on much lately either. She told Sean Hannity about it after the last debate also. Ann Coulter better watch out or she'll be blacklisted on Fox...lol. She didn't drink the Rick Perry koolaid. Britt Hume is not fond of Perry either or Krauthammer. The smartest of the Fox commentators in other words.

Old 10-11-2011, 05:03 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post

To paraphrase

LOL

Yep, I saw it. Ann Coulter tells them they are biased. They haven't had her on much lately either. She told Sean Hannity about it after the last debate also. Ann Coulter better watch out or she'll be blacklisted on Fox...lol. She didn't drink the Rick Perry koolaid. Britt Hume is not fond of Perry either or Krauthammer. The smartest of the Fox commentators in other words.[/quote]

WE got home last night just in time to see it. As for the smarter FOX contributors, I don't think it is smart versus dumb, it is still opinions and that is all it is.

Nita

Old 10-11-2011, 10:34 AM

2,953 posts, read 5,296,264 times
Quote:

To paraphrase

LOL

Quote:
Yep, I saw it. Ann Coulter tells them they are biased. They haven't had her on much lately either. She told Sean Hannity about it after the last debate also. Ann Coulter better watch out or she'll be blacklisted on Fox...lol. She didn't drink the Rick Perry koolaid. Britt Hume is not fond of Perry either or Krauthammer. The smartest of the Fox commentators in other words.
I think there's been a little Fox backlash against Ann Coulter for some of the seemingly mean-spirited statements she made, particularly the comments made about wives of 9/11 victims. I do agree she's unnecessarily harsh and hateful in many things she says, but I also have to give her props for calling out John Kerry, she certainly had him pegged. And I think she'll be proved right about Perry as well.

Can't wait to see the debate tonight!

Old 10-11-2011, 01:27 PM

With Christie now endorsing Romney, that's going to put a lot of the East Coast Republicans in Romney's column. This could be another blow to Perry's aspirations. Of course, many of these Republicans are not of the Tea Party ilk, so that means only establishment Republicans will likely respond to this, but Christie polls well with many independents and even some moderate and Blue dog democrats, which makes Romney look all that more competitive against Obama, meaning the campaign money may follow suit. If Perry can't turn around his diminishing support among the Tea Party, his nomination looks less and less realistic.

Old 10-11-2011, 01:40 PM

5,562 posts, read 5,683,672 times
In the end it will come down to Cain, Paul and Romeny. Perry is DONE couldnt sell its past his desire to merge mexico and illegal immgrants to TEA PARTY! They left Bachmann, they will leave Perry.. they shift to CAIN but dont have all the info and once Paul is down with CAIN it will be over for Romeny.

Tea party will have a choice... Cain..FED and bailout Tarp supporter,
Paul a old man, smart, follows the constitution and defends liberty and the media hates him!
Or Romeny is everything they hate about the republican party... and Romeny Care

I wonder were the tea party will go when its all said and done!
Once an idea's time has come no army, no government or media can stop it

No matter how they spin it, co-opt it, try and control it and even pretend "occupy wallstreet" is anything tea TRUTH will still win.
Nothing scares fox news and estalishment republicans more then Ron Paul who is spreading the message of liberty. Hmmm interesting so many do their best to tell everyone Ron Paul is unelectable, freedom is unelectable, constitution is unelectable, and yet they want to vote for someone who ignores liberty to its core!

Old 10-11-2011, 02:12 PM

I think Cain's long association with the Fed will so him in with the Tea Party, so I agree in part with you. However as of 2010, only 13% of registered American voters identified themselves as Tea Party supporters, so it will take more than just their support to win the White House. Just because someone is surrounded by a vocally like-minded group, one shouldn't conclude they are in the majority.

Old 10-11-2011, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWhopper View Post
With Christie now endorsing Romney, that's going to put a lot of the East Coast Republicans in Romney's column. This could be another blow to Perry's aspirations. Of course, many of these Republicans are not of the Tea Party ilk, so that means only establishment Republicans will likely respond to this, but Christie polls well with many independents and even some moderate and Blue dog democrats, which makes Romney look all that more competitive against Obama, meaning the campaign money may follow suit. If Perry can't turn around his diminishing support among the Tea Party, his nomination looks less and less realistic.

The Perry campaign was really hoping to get Chris Chrisitie's endorsement. They really didn't expect this announcement to come so soon. They needed Christie type voters and they needed the money that will follow his endorsement. I honestly didn't think he would endorse this early either though. it's a huge plus for Romney!

Old 10-11-2011, 02:24 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
The Perry campaign was really hoping to get Chris Chrisitie's endorsement. They really didn't expect this announcement to come so soon. They needed Christie type voters and they needed the money that will follow his endorsement. I honestly didn't think he would endorse this early either though. it's a huge plus for Romney!
actually we weren't. Well we would like to have had it, but the difference in issues (most issues) we never expected his endorsement. You are right, no one could have imagined it would have happened so soon. I am diasppointed like I said, not because Chrisite endorsed Romney, that is his choice for his reasons, but to do it now is totally against how Republican caniddates or almost candidates normally handle the pre- primary season.

Nita

Old 10-11-2011, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
actually we weren't. Well we would like to have had it, but the difference in issues (most issues) we never expected his endorsement. You are right, no one could have imagined it would have happened so soon. I am diasppointed like I said, not because Chrisite endorsed Romney, that is his choice for his reasons, but to do it now is totally against how Republican caniddates or almost candidates normally handle the pre- primary season.

Nita

I had it from a Perry camp source that they were courting Christie heavily. It came as a surprise today. My source might be wrong, but I don't think so really.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections