Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2011, 11:26 PM

1,027 posts, read 1,257,051 times

Advertisements

If it was just abortion, that would be reasonable. We can all change our minds on subjects given time. However, the problem with Romney is that he has flip-flopped on nearly every single issue he is now running on.

Abortion, gun control, amnesty for illegal immigrants (he called Bush/McCain amnesty proposals "reasonable" in 2005), bailing out Detroit (he was for it, before he was against it), Social Security privatization (he was for it, before Rick Perry was, then he was against it), RomneyObamaCare (again, he was for it, before he was against it), and cap-and-trade.

It is an extremely disturbing pattern of changing views depending on what office he is running for or what crowd he is speaking to. He is the quintessential flip-flopper extraordionaire, and it stems from the fact that he was a liberal governor of a very liberal state, and then trying to get the presidential nomination in a conservative electorate. The Obama machine will tear him apart on all these flip-flops.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2011, 11:41 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,170,036 times
None of that is actually true, except the abortion issue. You are taking all of the others out of context and you know it. If Romney was not such a threat to Obama, you wouldn't care if he was the nominee, you would welcome it. However, you know he is going to absolutely run over Obama if the Repubicans are smart enough to actually nominate him this time.

Old 10-04-2011, 11:59 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,020,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
For those of you who are so sure that Romney's going to be able to fire up the far right end of base and turn out the numbers to beat Obama...watch this. Just wait until it's plastered all over the news. It will be.

The Real Romney? - YouTube
Look how young Mitt looks, and dear Teddy
Funny to see how innocent and somewhat calm the questions
and topic matter seemed back in the day....

Memories, like the corner of my mind...

Old 10-05-2011, 12:07 AM

1,027 posts, read 1,257,051 times
It is absolutely true, and you know it.

Old 10-05-2011, 01:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFix View Post
It is absolutely true, and you know it.

Prove it. You can't because it's all out of context. Put in the proper context he has changed on very little. Wouldn't matter to me anway, because I admire those that change their minds on issues over time. It shows fluidity and intelligence instead of ignorance and hardheaded stubborness. I don't feel the same on many issues or even find some of them as that important as I did 20 or 30 years ago...why should I expect someone running for office to be so rigid?

Old 10-05-2011, 01:44 AM

3,335 posts, read 2,660,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
Prove it. You can't because it's all out of context. Put in the proper context he has changed on very little. Wouldn't matter to me anway, because I admire those that change their minds on issues over time. It shows fluidity and intelligence instead of ignorance and hardheaded stubborness. I don't feel the same on many issues or even find some of them as that important as I did 20 or 30 years ago...why should I expect someone running for office to be so rigid?
Question? Do you believe Almighty God changes HIS mind on any of HIS positions?

Old 10-05-2011, 01:46 AM

37,135 posts, read 42,222,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quality guy View Post
Question? Do you believe Almighty God changes on any of HIS positions?
Is God running?

Old 10-05-2011, 01:49 AM

3,335 posts, read 2,660,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Is God running?
God IS still running things!

Old 10-05-2011, 02:02 AM

3,265 posts, read 3,194,486 times
god's a figment of your imagination

Old 10-05-2011, 02:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quality guy View Post
Question? Do you believe Almighty God changes HIS mind on any of HIS positions?

Surely to goodness even you know that God would want no part in this mess called politics...lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections