Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2011, 09:30 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,762,455 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moving_pains View Post
Write him in, and I know a lot of RP supporters who have vowed to do just this. And if that causes Obama to win, so be it. At least I would have been honest to myself. Obama, Romney or Cain, I don't see any real difference.
Let Obama win, it wouldn't change things If one of the special interest GOP candidates wins anyway ... obviously!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2011, 01:37 AM

313 posts, read 834,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moving_pains View Post
Write him in, and I know a lot of RP supporters who have vowed to do just this. And if that causes Obama to win, so be it. At least I would have been honest to myself. Obama, Romney or Cain, I don't see any real difference.

Old 10-15-2011, 01:50 AM

29,219 posts, read 22,371,062 times
Maybe it all boils down to what the voters want. Paul is seen as a prophet, but possibly a prophet is not what people want for a President.

Or maybe they do- at this time in 2007, Obama was far back in the MSM's thoughts, but was rising steadily among the voters who were for him. In 2007 at this time, Hillary Clinton was thought to be the shoo-in, inevitable Democratic candidate, just as Romney is being seen as the inevitable Republican candidate right now.

How did Obama come from so far behind? His supporters organized while the MSM ignored them and put out the word to folks they knew. Ron Paul's supporters can do exactly the same thing if they will. Expecting the media to give them a helping hand just won't happen until Paul's supporters are simply too many to ignore and longer.

Old 10-15-2011, 08:42 AM

7,374 posts, read 8,762,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Maybe it all boils down to what the voters want. Paul is seen as a prophet, but possibly a prophet is not what people want for a President.

Or maybe they do- at this time in 2007, Obama was far back in the MSM's thoughts, but was rising steadily among the voters who were for him. In 2007 at this time, Hillary Clinton was thought to be the shoo-in, inevitable Democratic candidate, just as Romney is being seen as the inevitable Republican candidate right now.

How did Obama come from so far behind? His supporters organized while the MSM ignored them and put out the word to folks they knew. Ron Paul's supporters can do exactly the same thing if they will. Expecting the media to give them a helping hand just won't happen until Paul's supporters are simply too many to ignore and longer.
Look, its not like we have never had a president who resisted the status quo system we have in place today ... Have you guys forgotten about the Kennedy brothers?

They both had issues with the fed, and wanted to end the war of their own time. It CAN be done, but people have to be educated!

Rand and Ron Paul: The libertarian Kennedys - Jonathan Martin - POLITICO.com

Last edited by Ironmaw1776; 10-15-2011 at 08:52 AM..

Old 10-18-2011, 01:20 PM

29,219 posts, read 22,371,062 times
For sure, Ironmaw...
The MSM sure isn't presenting the Occupy movement very accurately right now- depending on the bias of the news channel, most of the reportage is much more directed along the lines of the current political divisions than the real concerns of the folks out there on the street. They are protesting our economics, not our politics. They don't care which party does something- they just want something to happen.

For sure, Ron Paul's ideas would fit in with some of these folks. I think this movement is going to stick around for a long time. People want jobs, and they want them now. Whoever or which party does the most at breaking the logjam will be the one that wins the election, I think.

Old 10-18-2011, 04:17 PM

14,022 posts, read 15,028,594 times
because the media can't ignore your vote, if (R) A beats (R) B, the media can't change that however much they love (R) B.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections