Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Herman Cain
I'm working class and 999 will result in a tax cut 14 30.43%
I'm working class and 999 will increase my taxes 32 69.57%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2011, 11:22 PM

2,526 posts, read 3,004,783 times

Advertisements

Hey, the man is a visionary. With severe myopia.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2011, 11:23 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggDaddyDroid View Post
Do any of y'all play simcity4? The 9-9-9 plan is the default tax plan for your cities when you start a new city.

Btw it never works on the game. If you stick to it you never generate enough money to cover utility, educational, and safety systems and after about 50 years of not straying from it your city turns into a slum. First you run out of money than have to make deals for profit that make the city less desirable. Becoming the dumping ground for the regions garbage, than than missile testing facilities, state prisons, and toxic waste dumps in city limits.

At this point your screwed cause massive middle class flight begins, the housing market crashes and former nice neighborhoods turn into havens for criminals that like to riot and burn buildings down. With the lost tax base your forced than to either close all the cities libraries, schools, police and fire stations, etc or take out massive high interest loans, or shut down running water in the city.

Now your really screwed. If you cut the water or public services, businesses will flee and the remaining poverty stricken residents will all turn to a life of crime and violent crime will explode and eventually massive riots will break out and they will burn down the city, than the population will drop like crazy and all that's left is the cities most violent and destitute citizens.

If you take the loans the city will go bankrupt and you will get ran out of the city.

I know this is a game and not real life, but I really had a good laugh when I heared about the 999 plan, cause I've managed simcities before with it and it always causes a massive collapse that you can't recover from lol.

Psssst!

"At this point your screwed cause massive middle class flight begins, the housing market crashes and former nice neighborhoods turn into havens for criminals that like to riot and burn buildings down."

That's Detroit now.

Your analysis is really screwed-up because you are mixing local government which will not be under the plan with the federal government which will.

Old 10-22-2011, 11:38 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,392,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggDaddyDroid View Post
Do any of y'all play simcity4? The 9-9-9 plan is the default tax plan for your cities when you start a new city.

Btw it never works on the game. If you stick to it you never generate enough money to cover utility, educational, and safety systems and after about 50 years of not straying from it your city turns into a slum. First you run out of money than have to make deals for prophet that make the city less desirable. Becoming the dumping ground for the regions garbage, than than missile testing facilities, state prisons, and toxic waste dumps in city limits.

At this point your screwed cause massive middle class flight begins, the housing market crashes and former nice neighborhoods turn into havens for criminals that like to riot and burn buildings down. With the lost tax base your forced than to either close all the cities libraries, schools, police and fire stations, etc or take out massive high interest loans, or shut down running water in the city.

Now your really screwed. If you cut the water or public services, businesses will flee and the remaining poverty stricken residents will all turn to a life of crime and violent crime will explode and eventually massive riots will break out and they will burn down the city, than the population will drop like crazy and all that's left is the cities most violent and destitute citizens.

If you take the loans the city will go bankrupt and you will get ran out of the city.

I know this is a game and not real life, but I really had a good laugh when I heared about the 999 plan, cause I've managed simcities before with it and it always causes a massive collapse that you can't recover from lol.
If you think that's funny get a load of this.

Presidential Candidate Herman Cain quotes pokemon - YouTube

Old 10-22-2011, 11:45 PM

2,472 posts, read 3,198,096 times
This is old news.

Old 10-23-2011, 05:30 AM

18,782 posts, read 17,360,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggdaddydroid...
At this point your screwed cause massive middle class flight begins,... With the lost tax base your forced than to either close all the cities...Now your really screwed. .
Sorry but I'm not taking economic analysis from somebody who a) doesn't know the difference between "your" and "you're;" b) doesn't know the difference between "than" and "then."

Old 10-23-2011, 06:11 AM

5,767 posts, read 5,015,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Sorry but I'm not taking economic analysis from somebody who a) doesn't know the difference between "your" and "you're;" b) doesn't know the difference between "than" and "then."
If we were strict grammarians here, we'd lose half of the forum. And the OP is right; as a veteran of SimCity, Cain's basing his ideas for America's future on a game. It's also important to know that Cain made his start in Washington as a lobbyist...the scourge of the country.

Old 10-23-2011, 06:14 AM

8,289 posts, read 13,564,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post

Hilarious but what do you expect out of a party that has given us Newt,Palin and Bachmann?

Old 10-23-2011, 10:03 AM

7,374 posts, read 8,761,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post

Herman Cain loves Pokemon! - YouTube

This guy is a joke ... They just put him in the mix for the hell of it to see what would happen, and are laughing behind their hands at how people are responding to this guy.

How many people were like, "dude, that is SOOO deep!" ... ?

Old 10-24-2011, 03:02 AM

12,380 posts, read 26,853,319 times
Talking Herman Cain 999 Plan: Did It Come From SimCity?

Herman Cain 999 Plan: Did It Come From SimCity?

LOL....oh boi...

Old 10-24-2011, 04:09 AM

8,276 posts, read 12,859,732 times
hmmm... I don't know do the Koch Brothers play Sim City?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections