Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Could you vote for a Ron Paul/Herman Cain ticket?
Yes 22 24.72%
No 59 66.29%
Maybe so 8 8.99%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2011, 11:58 AM

7,374 posts, read 8,762,455 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moving_pains View Post
Cain is not budging?

See for yourself:

Cain Ties Romney for Title of Flip Flop Champ! - YouTube
That man is so full of it ... ROTFLMAO!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2011, 12:22 PM

541 posts, read 1,902,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gametime View Post
and you just keep voting for Obama and see how far that gets you. and while you're at it understand how money works and realize that IRS and FED got this nation by the juevos.

you said it yourself. the FED is the creator of the money and printer of the fiat unsupported paper money backed by lies and not by Gold, and the IRS are the cops that enforce the fiat money laws.

if that's not in bed together I don't konw what is.

Dude. I'm a Ron Paul supporter.

Generally speaking most Ron Paul fans are well studied in economics, but you are certainly the exception.

The IRS does not enforce "fiat money laws". The IRS has nothing to do with monetary policy whatsoever. IRS doesn't even have much to do with Tax laws. They are simply the enforcer and collector of Tax Laws.

You need to study some more. Knowing your enemy is the best way to defeat them, and thinking that the IRS and FED are the same thing won't get you anywhere fast.

Question do you know what I am talking about when I say "monetary policy"? Serious question. I'll get you started. Monetary policy has nothing to do with taxation*.

*Unless you are referring to the greatest tax of all which is the inflation tax, but I digress.

Old 10-20-2011, 01:21 PM

1,956 posts, read 1,812,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MStant1 View Post
Generally speaking most Ron Paul fans are well studied in economics...
Indeed. If you don't understand economics and monetary policy, you won't even understand what Ron Paul is talking about.

Old 10-20-2011, 01:41 PM

272 posts, read 208,446 times
Quote:
Dude. I'm a Ron Paul supporter.

Generally speaking most Ron Paul fans are well studied in economics, but you are certainly the exception.

The IRS does not enforce "fiat money laws". The IRS has nothing to do with monetary policy whatsoever. IRS doesn't even have much to do with Tax laws. They are simply the enforcer and collector of Tax Laws.

You need to study some more. Knowing your enemy is the best way to defeat them, and thinking that the IRS and FED are the same thing won't get you anywhere fast.

Question do you know what I am talking about when I say "monetary policy"? Serious question. I'll get you started. Monetary policy has nothing to do with taxation*.

*Unless you are referring to the greatest tax of all which is the inflation tax, but I digress.
I never said they were the same. I said they were in bed together.

Monetary Policy is what Bernanke does. set the rate and amount of money poured into the system.

Taxation is what the IRS does. they make sure we pay up. Enforcing the policy that's set by Bernanke.

Now, understanding that, and knowing that we are indeed playing with fiat money, because there is no more Gold to back it up IMO, What don't you understand about my comments?

I think they are in bed together, that's just my observation. there jurisdiction is nder the Fed.

you think their hands are clean? have you seen the IRS code lately? a book so thick you can jack a car up on it.

Old 10-20-2011, 02:22 PM

Quote:
I never said they were the same. I said they were in bed together.

Monetary Policy is what Bernanke does. set the rate and amount of money poured into the system.

Taxation is what the IRS does. they make sure we pay up. Enforcing the policy that's set by Bernanke.

Now, understanding that, and knowing that we are indeed playing with fiat money, because there is no more Gold to back it up IMO, What don't you understand about my comments?

I think they are in bed together, that's just my observation. there jurisdiction is nder the Fed.

you think their hands are clean? have you seen the IRS code lately? a book so thick you can jack a car up on it.

Oh sweet God! Where is a bang my head against a wall emoticon when I need one?

How many times do I have to say it? The IRS does not enforce monetary policy. Taxation and Monetary policy are no where near the same thing. It's not that I don't understand your comments it's that you don't understand the difference between Fiscal Policy and Monetary Policy.

Taxation falls under the category of Fiscal Policy. Fiscal policy refers to taxes, government spending and government debt. Fiscal policy is controlled by the President and Congress.

Monetary Policy is the manner in which a government controls the money supply. Since 1913 The Federal Reserve (a private bank) has served as the central bank of the United States and has been responsible for setting monetary policy. They are responsible for setting the federal funds rate, controlling the money supply via open market purchases/sales of Treasury securities, and serving as a lender of last resort.

In other words Taxes and IRS do not fall under the "jurisdiction" of the Federal Reserve and Ben Bernanke. The IRS has NOTHING to do with monetary policy or Bernanke.

I mean honestly are you just effing with me now?

Old 10-20-2011, 02:44 PM

5,864 posts, read 4,979,703 times
Quote:
How so?

They both want to end the Fed and therefore they both want a new taxing system. that's a good start.

where else are they opposite?
Haha yeah, sure, Cain wants to end the Fed. You complete believing that bull. Cain's a FED insider bankster. It's an insult to the good Doctor that you posed this question.

Old 10-21-2011, 12:27 AM

7,374 posts, read 8,762,455 times
Quote:

How many times do I have to say it? The IRS does not enforce monetary policy. Taxation and Monetary policy are no where near the same thing. It's not that I don't understand your comments it's that you don't understand the difference between Fiscal Policy and Monetary Policy.

Taxation falls under the category of Fiscal Policy. Fiscal policy refers to taxes, government spending and government debt. Fiscal policy is controlled by the President and Congress.

Monetary Policy is the manner in which a government controls the money supply. Since 1913 The Federal Reserve (a private bank) has served as the central bank of the United States and has been responsible for setting monetary policy. They are responsible for setting the federal funds rate, controlling the money supply via open market purchases/sales of Treasury securities, and serving as a lender of last resort.

In other words Taxes and IRS do not fall under the "jurisdiction" of the Federal Reserve and Ben Bernanke. The IRS has NOTHING to do with monetary policy or Bernanke.

While I appreciate you position and understand what you mean ... The federal income tax was brought about in the same year as the fed. res. act in 1913 - and the reinvention of the IRS came about originally at the same time.

There is a link between the two that is deeper than most might realize, though they apparently are separate issues.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x9t...onnection_news

Old 10-21-2011, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
While I appreciate you position and understand what you mean ... The federal income tax was brought about in the same year as the fed. res. act in 1913 - and the reinvention of the IRS came about originally at the same time.

There is a link between the two that is deeper than most might realize, though they apparently are separate issues.

Dailymotion - The Federal Reserve & IRS Connection - a News & Politics video

Site is blocked at work. Can you give me the run down?

Is this a conspiracy theory? I don't need conspiracy theories to dislike or want to end the IRS and FED. There are plenty of legit reasons to end them.

Old 10-21-2011, 07:32 AM

272 posts, read 208,446 times
Quote:

um...you have no clue.

Answer me this question one question: What does Bernanke do? what is his ACTUAL job duty?

and for reference. notice the jurisdiction of the IRS below? the FED!!!

Internal Revenue Service
Agency overviewFormed1862 (though the name originates from 1918)
Jurisdiction-Federal government of the United States
Headquarters-Washington, D.C.
Employees106,000 -(2010)
Agency executive-Commissioner of Internal Revenue, Douglas H. Shulman
Parent agency-Department of the Treasury

Old 10-21-2011, 08:36 AM

2,401 posts, read 4,684,438 times
Yes, but only if it is Herman Cain as the pres...

I think for the "Good" of ALL America....
Ron Paul should step aside for Herman Cain,
run as Herman Cain (P)/ Ron Paul (VP).

Only Herman Cain is ABLE to beat Obama... fact.
Ron Paul won't stand even a chance... only will cause more "separation" through the race card game Obama is playing.

Herman Cain can and will "UNITE" the American as one...
(making USA a stronger nation than they are now through unity).
While Obama (obviously through playing his race cards) will cause more separation of the Americans (think Mob), might even led to more discord & harmony in doing that.
Should Ron Paul run against that, it will just divide US citizens more
(weakening the nation further).

Democrats like Ron Paul or Perry... but does not like Herman Cain.
He is the "REAL" threat to their chance of winning the next elections.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections