Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2011, 05:31 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,054,479 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
They will vote their pocketbooks just like other Americans.

Why anyone would vote for a candidate who pledges to raise their taxes is a puzzle.

Cain 2012: for those in the bottom 80% who are bad at math
Every time you vote for a democrat you vote for tax increases.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2011, 05:33 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,054,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
You know, you could have made your post much shorter by saying, "I believe blacks cannot think for themselves and are easily manipulated."
lol

Old 10-28-2011, 05:44 PM

106 posts, read 157,584 times
Herman Cain has already taken too many shots at Blacks, Muslims, and low-income Americans to be taken seriously by our community. He made his choice by playing the Pet Negro role in order to secure credibility from the Republican base.

There are a good number of black people who were emotionally connected to Obama's 2008 victory and most still support him. His biggest issue regarding the black community will be getting them to return to the voting booths in the same number as 2008, not whether or not his opponent is an Uncle Tom.

Old 10-28-2011, 05:47 PM

773 posts, read 503,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeCityRoller View Post
Herman Cain has already taken too many shots at Blacks, Muslims, and low-income Americans to be taken seriously by our community. He made his choice by playing the Pet Negro role in order to secure credibility from the Republican base.

There are a good number of black people who were emotionally connected to Obama's 2008 victory and most still support him. His biggest issue will be getting blacks to return to the voting booths in the same number as 2008, not whether his opponent is an Uncle Tom.
Actually what I find most refreshing about Mr Cain is exactly what he has been saying to our community. It's about time someone speak honestly and puts the responsibility on the people. Self reliance is the quickest path to freedom and financial independence.

Old 10-28-2011, 10:41 PM

2,003 posts, read 1,545,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heritage Member View Post
Actually what I find most refreshing about Mr Cain is exactly what he has been saying to our community. It's about time someone speak honestly and puts the responsibility on the people. Self reliance is the quickest path to freedom and financial independence.
Herman Cain hasn't said anything to "our community", or at least not to my community. Now, he's said a few things *about* my community and the people in it, but that's not at all the same thing. And if Cain wants to win black people over, then he needs to start *right now*, because right now Obama is *the* most popular man among black Americans, and the stories about Cain in black media are about how he's an insufferable Tom that thinks other black people are brainwashed plantation slaves.

And can we kill this talk about how black people never hear messages about "self-reliance" or "responsibility"? I can get that message from any barber, comedian, politician, and even the dude yelling nonsense on the street corner.

Old 10-29-2011, 03:43 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,201,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Good. We could do without frauds

like romney, perry, and bachmann, all that is left is RP.

Old 10-29-2011, 06:18 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,464,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Every time you vote for a democrat you vote for tax increases.

Darnedest thing, when you're poor, voting for a Democrat is often voting for a smaller tax increase than the Republican wants to give you.

Voting Republican is for poor people who are bad at math.

Old 10-29-2011, 10:57 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heritage Member View Post
I love him, so don't assume all blacks don't. But the 90%+ will stay democrat no matter what. Very sad.
Why is it sad? Where is your skin in this game? Sad for who? Why is the next man's vote any of your concern?

Old 10-30-2011, 01:16 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,826,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
WAY too long, but I get the gist.

You're obviously okay with "the soft bigotry of low expectations".
Don't know what this is in reference to and I don't get the gist of what you are saying. I personally have very high expectations. I also am not a Democrat if that is what you mean. I personally believe there is just as much bigotry in the dem party as the repub party but at least the dems are smart enough not to spout out all of their prejudices all the time.

I don't believe anything any politician says. Politician = Professional Liar IMO. I do not sit out on voting though and I look into each candidate and see who I support based on their lies (what they say) and their background (what they have done and haven't done). Then I make my decision on who I feel best represents the interests I think are most important. Unlike many who just vote for an R or D no matter what.

Old 11-01-2011, 10:48 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,941,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
like romney, perry, and bachmann, all that is left is RP.
Except for that it will be Romney that gets the nomination. Enjoy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections