Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2011, 10:33 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,018,970 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freemore View Post
Would the rest of the country want this old man for president?
if he was a dumb ass, no....
For some, anyone over 60 (maybe 50) is old:
Mitt Romney - would be 66 when he became President
Herman Cain - would be 67
Newt Gingrich would be 69
Rick Perry would be 62

Barack Obama will be 51 beginning a second term,
but like said, we don't want a dumb ass in the WH
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2011, 11:34 AM

5,864 posts, read 4,979,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Paul can win every straw poll there is - he will NOT win the nomination.

I agree with 99% of his positions, but his disqualifier is blaming the US for 9/11 - the dems will eat him alive on that.

In addition, he's too old.

If the GOP wins the WH, he would make a GREAT Sec of Treasury OR Fed Chairman.
That's an unfair BS representation of his actual position and I think you know it. His position boils down essentially to every action has a reaction, it's not "kooky" to think that blowback can happen. He doesn't blame the US, he blames the terrorists who commit the actions, but he acknowledges reality. This is in contrast to neocons like Obama, Bush, or Romney/Cain who have a fantasy land foreign policy.

Old 10-30-2011, 11:42 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
if he was a dumb ass, no....
For some, anyone over 60 (maybe 50) is old:
Mitt Romney - would be 66 when he became President
Herman Cain - would be 67
Newt Gingrich would be 69
Rick Perry would be 62

Barack Obama will be 51 beginning a second term,
but like said, we don't want a dumb ass in the WH
Being 65 to 70 and being 77 are quite a bit different.

Nita

Old 10-30-2011, 11:44 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,934,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
Ron Paul has too many dangerous ideas to ever get the nomination. Most people realize he is bat chit crazy and wouldn't vote for him if he were the only candidate running. The man is simply unelectable.
Dangerous ideas? Like adhering to the US Constitution and limiting the powers of the federal government specifically to those enumerated to it? Ron Paul would be the first POTUS since Taft to actually honor his oath of office, is this a dangerous idea to you?

Old 10-30-2011, 12:01 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,018,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Being 65 to 70 and being 77 are quite a bit different.

Nita
Not really; if someone is alert and smart at 77 they are not going to turn
into a vegetable tomorrow. But if they act like an idiot at 65, chances
are they will be just a bigger idiot at 77.

Old 10-30-2011, 12:29 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,944,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Sanrene, why would he make a great Fed chairman? His top priority is to END the Fed, not serve it. Secretary of Treasury is a position he'd find himself comfortable in, but no Republican is going to nominate him. He actually has a much bigger chance of being President than being in a Cabinet position, ironically
I can't think of a better position to rein in, audit and lessen the power of the Fed by doing it from the INSIDE.

Can you think of anyone who would be better at exposing the lies, corruption and SECRETS of the Fed than Paul?

Last edited by sanrene; 10-30-2011 at 12:37 PM..

Old 10-30-2011, 12:39 PM

2,305 posts, read 3,028,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
Easily the most meaningless news of the century. Romney, Cain, and Perry are the only three who count. The rest are just by-products.

Perry is in it because he has a lot of money. But the slow-talking, dim-witted Texan loses support everytime he opens his mouth. Like the rest of Republicans, he also has absolutely no clue on how to solve the problems which plague this country. His relevance is in a free-fall.

Cain's race is the 800 lb gorilla in the room for the GOP. Will the bigoted party allow themselves to be represented by a black man? Likely not, because a high percentage of their supporters would breathe a sigh of relief if the old Confederacy took over the country. Many of them have stated that they would "never vote for a black man." GOP voter turnout would be dismal. So Cain is merely entertainment value. He personally relishes his role now because it sells his books and positively impacts his bottom line.

The GOP is unfortunately stuck with Romney. Romney is a soulless, mechnical, flip-flopping Frankenstein. No character, no substance. They couldn't send enough electrical current into this goon to give him life. Quite pathetic. He has no chance to beat President Obama. None. Zero.

Obviously, straw polls are about as effective at picking an eventual winner as polling pigs, cattle, horse, and sheep. Judging by the results, that's exactly who they polled.
Have you noticed yet that Wall Street has successfully bought Pres. Obama? I truly had hope for him when he was elected to change Washington but he proved to be the same if not worse than Pres. Bush. If not, watch the movie Inside Job, it could possibly wake you up to that fact.

Use to think Ron Paul was a little different until I turned off the TV and started to read and educate myself on what is REALLY happening in this country and the world. I now realize he is our only chance for this country and the middle class to continue on into the future. Anyone else being elected for President in 2012 besides Paul would just be more of the same. And if you really believe Pres. Obama is doing a good job you are uninformed or just don't want to believe the truth and love the Democrat party to much to find the truth. I understand, I was in love with the Republican party at one time until I woke up and found reality.

Old 10-30-2011, 05:48 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,564,791 times
Couldn't help but notice that on Fox News Sunday with Wallace, they went out of their way to discuss everybody BUT Ron Paul, like he doesn't exist.
I just typed in Iowa Ron Paul, and not one reference came up to Fox News.
Iowa Ron Paul - Yahoo! Search Results
They really are afraid of him. All the more reason to send him some money!

Old 10-30-2011, 07:04 PM

910 posts, read 1,676,750 times
I'm sending him money again on 11/11/11 for the next money bomb.

Old 10-30-2011, 07:21 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,564,791 times
Way to go Jon, we can do this.
For those that say Paul is too old, Perry is 15 years his junior and can't put a sentence together. I'm listening to him right now, with Wallace, he can't lead. His ratings are in the single digits for a reason. He's a phony, just like all of the rest of em.
With age comes wisdom, and there is none the wiser than Ron Paul.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections