Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2011, 07:21 PM

1,970 posts, read 1,763,455 times

Advertisements

Does anyone find it strange that ALL ACCUSATIONS concern the NRA?

Not one from Godfather’s or any other place Cain worked.

Just makes an attempt to “get” him even more likely.

If he did as much harassing as they say, HE WOULD HAVE done it elsewhere.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2011, 07:24 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,180,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MORebelWoman View Post
Does anyone find it strange that ALL ACCUSATIONS concern the NRA?

Not one from Godfather’s or any other place Cain worked.

Just makes an attempt to “get” him even more likely.

If he did as much harassing as they say, HE WOULD HAVE done it elsewhere.

That's a really good point! You are right, he would have done it at all of the other companies he worked for more than likely.

Old 11-08-2011, 07:30 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,020,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
That she's a career federal bureaucrat? She has even less credibility now, if that's possible.

LOL! One's mail carrier is a civil servant...that makes him or her a "career federal bureaucrat?" No matter how much people try to deflect from the issue of whether or not Cain is a serial sexual harasser, the onus is on him to prove the allegations false. So far he's done little but change his story repeatedly and blame anyone who might be suspect, from Democrats to another Republican. It will be interesting to see if the four (or is it five now?) accusers are able to have a joint press conference and provide the specifics that Cain remembers only after they've been brought to light by someone else.

Old 11-08-2011, 07:43 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,885,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
But she made a political contribution to the Obama campaign also.
So? She filed charges against Cain in the '90s. How is this relevant?

Old 11-08-2011, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Right, cuz we have all this PROOF and EVIDENCE out there, right?

Oh, thats right, don't NEED proof or evidence if one is a liberal, just allegations are enough...anonymous, vague allegations at that.
Well, first of all, two settlements are not "just allegations," they are proof that there was an investigation, and that the NRA reached an agreement with the women.

Ms. Bialek's account was anything but vague. Strike two.

And two of the four women are no longer anonymous, so the third part of your argument is rendered moot as well. Three strikes, looks like you're out.

We're now we're up to four women--so far. When do you start to admit that there is just might be a pattern developing?

And now one of the women is considering a joint news conference with the other three. Herman's worst nightmare:

Karen Kraushaar interested in press conference with all Cain accusers - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

Old 11-08-2011, 08:06 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,180,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
So? She filed charges against Cain in the '90s. How is this relevant?

The person I quoted said she supported some of Bushes positions and I was just making the point that she contributed to Obama so that doesn't mean anything politically...at least. It helps to read the post quoted also.

Old 11-08-2011, 08:15 PM

Quote:
That's a really good point! You are right, he would have done it at all of the other companies he worked for more than likely.

We're up to 5 accusers now, and the 5th one has no association with the NRA.

After Fifth Accuser, Republicans Don't Think Cain is Funny Anymore | Loop21

[quote] These comments came before a fifth accuser came forth against Cain, this one not an employee of the National Restaurant Association like the four others, but the United States Agency for International Development agency. Donna Donella says Cain asked her to hook him up with an Egyptian businesswomen and then asked Donella on a date when she refused to do the hookup. According to Donella, Cain later went to dinner with all the women, ran up the tab with $400 of wine, and stuck them with the bill. [end quote]

Old 11-08-2011, 08:18 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,301,883 times
My cousin is a postman, I guess he works for the Obama administration.

Old 11-08-2011, 08:22 PM

Quote:
The person I quoted said she supported some of Bushes positions and I was just making the point that she contributed to Obama so that doesn't mean anything politically...at least. It helps to read the post quoted also.
Yes, I know. My point is, where she might stand politically right now, or within the last decade for that matter, is completely irrelevant, since the charges were filed in the '90s, before there was a either a GW Bush or Obama administration. It has no relevance in this discussion.

Old 11-08-2011, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
My cousin is a postman, I guess he works for the Obama administration.
Wait until you tell him he's a federal bureaucrat! Oy, vey!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections