Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2011, 06:34 PM

1,862 posts, read 2,386,423 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
In a lot of states this may require that Independents and Democrats register as Republicans to vote in the primaries, but they can still vote for anyone in the general election.
Because he's still one of those Republicans that is against raising more revenues by taxing the wealthiest and solving our economic problems only by cutting. His economic philosophy doesn't differ from the other free market solves all Republicans.

On other issues I think he's ok, but I couldn't vote for him because of his economics.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2011, 07:31 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,950,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
Huh?

In the general election, Huntsman won't be running anymore.

Apparently, his insistence on being rational hurt him greatly. Only 3% of Republicans appear to want the rational candidate. Sadly, he is the one likely to generate the most independent and Democrat votes.

The RWNJ's better get used to hearing Obama's name, since they fielded a slate of unelectable nut jobs as their presidential candidates.
Maybe I was not clear. Vote for Huntsman in the Republican primaries, which means you will have to register as a republican...switch parties. This is what people normally consider party raiding. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Party_Raiding

However, usually it is done to put the weaker candidate against the incumbent, but since the weaker candidate is Gingrich that would not be the point. This type of party raiding would be done to make sure that we don't have an idiot winning the election...Gingrich etc. Basically the only two that would be able to win is Obama or Huntsman.

Old 12-04-2011, 08:41 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,556,977 times
Why don't independents and Democrats unhappy with Obama vote for Huntsman?

I lived in Utah during the majority of Huntsmans' term as governor. Did not like him then, do not like him now.

Old 12-04-2011, 08:49 AM

4,255 posts, read 3,480,513 times
Huntsman is a liberal.

Old 12-04-2011, 10:55 AM

14,975 posts, read 16,464,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterboy7375 View Post
Huntsman is a liberal.
Not so much...

The GOP’s front-runners: Bad and worse - The Washington Post

Old 12-04-2011, 11:55 AM

927 posts, read 1,459,329 times
why do you assume Independents will vote with Democrats?
just because I was against McCain does not mean I was pro Obama
not even close ...

Old 12-04-2011, 11:56 AM

3,045 posts, read 3,193,705 times
Quote:
In a lot of states this may require that Independents and Democrats register as Republicans to vote in the primaries, but they can still vote for anyone in the general election.
Huntsman isn't going to win the nomination, so they probably wouldn't want to waste their time. This also assumes that they would think that anyone else running could do anything different than Obama. They wouldn't.

Old 12-04-2011, 02:15 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,607,009 times
Quote:
Because many of us are voting for Paul....

There is a strong possibility that Huntsman may run as a third party candidate as could Paul.

Old 12-04-2011, 02:23 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,950,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noexcuseforignorance View Post
Huntsman isn't going to win the nomination, so they probably wouldn't want to waste their time. This also assumes that they would think that anyone else running could do anything different than Obama. They wouldn't.
I think people are confused about what I am saying. I am not saying vote for him in the general election. I am saying switch parties and vote for him in the primaries. If all Democrats registered as democrats and voted for Huntsman in the primaries, he would easily win the nomination. Then you could pick between Huntsman in Obama in the general election.

Old 12-04-2011, 03:39 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,742,275 times
Quote:
I think people are confused about what I am saying. I am not saying vote for him in the general election. I am saying switch parties and vote for him in the primaries. If all Democrats registered as democrats and voted for Huntsman in the primaries, he would easily win the nomination. Then you could pick between Huntsman in Obama in the general election.
I'd rather pick Paul. The good news is, I'm already a registered Republican so I don't have to change anything but no, Huntsman is not the man for the job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections