Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2011, 08:01 AM

4,088 posts, read 4,392,638 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
I think Paul actually done best last night (still acts like a creepy looking undertaker tho') but what shocked and made me lose even more faith in the right wingers judgment of reality was the fact that they totally ignored facts and applauded Gingrich on every outlandish statement he made.

Mitt looked like he was lost in Walmart looking for his wife,Perry just looked like the imbecile douche that he is,Bachmann went all Palin with self promotional BS....it over all was a poor showing imho.

If THIS is the best the GOP has to offer,they are completely devoid of a brain trust.
I actually though Bachmann looked and sounded sharp last night. I disagree with her politics, but I was impressed with her performance.

She made me wince with those homages to Herman Cain, though. I think everybody else in the auditorium were content to pretend he never existed, and here's Bachmann naming him as her "most influential"! OK, Miss Win-Win-Win, we get it- you're courting Cain supporters!

I LOVED the shots of Marcus Bachmann in the audience too, beaming like he was at a Cher concert! Too funny!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2011, 08:14 AM

1,332 posts, read 996,007 times
I don't think I know of a politician on the national level who is not a phony. All of them are. But to me, I would rather have a phony who has conservative prinipals running this country than one who doles out entitlements to win votes, and who doesn't seem to mind risking the security of the United States by leaving our borders wide open, and who doesn't seem to have a sense of BUDGET and SMALL GOVERNMENT like Obama and the rest of the *******s.

Old 12-11-2011, 08:16 AM

1,332 posts, read 996,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
I think Paul actually done best last night (still acts like a creepy looking undertaker tho') but what shocked and made me lose even more faith in the right wingers judgment of reality was the fact that they totally ignored facts and applauded Gingrich on every outlandish statement he made.

Mitt looked like he was lost in Walmart looking for his wife,Perry just looked like the imbecile douche that he is,Bachmann went all Palin with self promotional BS....it over all was a poor showing imho.

If THIS is the best the GOP has to offer,they are completely devoid of a brain trust.
As opposed to the bumbling dolt that you lefties are offering again???

you loony libs make me laugh.

Old 12-11-2011, 08:29 AM

4,794 posts, read 12,385,881 times
Obama v. these guys. sigh. This great country deserves so much better than this choice.

Old 12-11-2011, 08:34 AM

4,209 posts, read 3,593,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall_Rep View Post
As opposed to the bumbling dolt that you lefties are offering again???

you loony libs make me laugh.
Exactly!!

The loonies are running scared as, when they are being honest with themselves, they know that Obummer will be defeated.

His destruction of this great country will take a long time to repair, but the Republicans are up to the challenge.

My dog could beat Obummer in this race.

Old 12-11-2011, 08:36 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,875,053 times
Here's an assessment on Newt that should resonate ..

Douthat on Gingrich and the Tempting of the Religious Right | Resurrectio et Vita

Old 12-11-2011, 08:52 AM

1,020 posts, read 1,378,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
The Debate baloney is very enlightening ---

FactCheck.org : More Baloney at ABC/Yahoo! Debate
Yeah, there were a lot of pants on fire last night for sure!

Old 12-11-2011, 08:53 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,092,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
I actually though Bachmann looked and sounded sharp last night. I disagree with her politics, but I was impressed with her performance.

She made me wince with those homages to Herman Cain, though. I think everybody else in the auditorium were content to pretend he never existed, and here's Bachmann naming him as her "most influential"! OK, Miss Win-Win-Win, we get it- you're courting Cain supporters!

I LOVED the shots of Marcus Bachmann in the audience too, beaming like he was at a Cher concert! Too funny!
Yes...he had that Mr.Sarah look going on didn't he...Cher concert,you is funny

Old 12-11-2011, 08:55 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,092,933 times
After a poster repeatedly adds absolutely nothing to any topic other than BS,it's time to say goodbye.

This message is hidden because Tall_Rep is on your ignore list.

Old 12-11-2011, 08:55 AM

1,020 posts, read 1,378,911 times
[quote=Gurbie;22071606]
Quote:
Originally Posted by quality guy View Post
Iowa Debate: Winners and Losers - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

<<He [Newt] also struck Mitt Romney hard in the early part of the debate, telling Romney that the reason he is also not a professional politician is because he lost a 1994 bid to unseat Massachusetts Sen. Ted Kennedy.>>

THAT was my favorite moment from the debate. Did you guys see the flop-sweat on Willard's forehead last night?

When this the campaign is over, there will be a lot of analysis as to why Romney failed. We'll hear people use his Mormonism as an excuse, but that won't be it at all. It will have been because he is a phony.
Slimy Newt slimed Romney & it was pretty entertaining.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections