Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who would you vote for as the next President?
Barack Obama 25 25.00%
Ron Paul 46 46.00%
Newt Gingrich 10 10.00%
Mitt Romney 5 5.00%
Rick Perry 2 2.00%
Michele Bachmann 0 0%
Rick Santorum 0 0%
Jon Huntsman 4 4.00%
Other (please post the person you would vote for and why) 8 8.00%
I won't be voting in the next election (please explain why in your reply) 0 0%
Voters: 100. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2011, 05:07 PM

5,545 posts, read 2,037,891 times

Advertisements

If the election was today, who would you vote for as the next President of the United States in 2012, and why?

Please vote in the poll and discuss.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2011, 09:07 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,765,563 times
Why ... ? I think everybody already knows why ...

Because he is the ONLY one who will actually really change things in Washington. If you elect any of the others, it will be either a continuation of Bush 2.0, or Bush 3.0 ...

Paul is the ONLY proven constitutionalists and anti-war candidate.

Paul is the ONLY candidate that will end not only the wars and interventions of our government around the world but also the drug war and its disastrous effects on our lives here in America and abroad. Everybody with any brains and knowledge of the subject knows that prohibition leads to black markets and massive increases in crime of every kind, its time to stop the madness and end the war on drugs ...

He is the ONLY candidate that has proven his desire to expose the corruption in the government and especially in the banking institutions.

He is the ONLY candidate who will really go after the federal reserve and you can GUARANTEE his chairman of the fed. and his sec. of treasury would not be banskster and wall street insiders.

Paul is the ONLY candidate that will use the powers of president to restore our rights and to repeal the bogus free trade agreements and security bills such as the patriot act. You can rest assured that his nominations to the supreme court would be strict constitutionalists themselves.

These are just a few of the reasons why, but the list goes on and on and on and on ... You get the point, right? ... Good ...

Peace!

Last edited by Ironmaw1776; 12-11-2011 at 09:53 PM..

Old 12-11-2011, 09:29 PM

11,669 posts, read 17,960,503 times
Ron Paul. He is fiscally conservative and socially moderate. And, best of all, he has NO baggage, and has been the only one who kept his beliefs consistent.

Old 12-11-2011, 10:05 PM

5,113 posts, read 5,975,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Photography View Post
If the election was today, who would you vote for as the next President of the United States in 2012, and why?

Please vote in the poll and discuss.
You can't put Obama in a poll against the full GOP field ... Obama will only face one GOP candidate. People will split the vote across the GOP field so Obama will artificially show a higher poll number unless you add up all the GOP votes and compare to Obama.

Old 12-11-2011, 10:14 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,940,850 times
I would vote for WHOEVER is the republican nominee to include Ron Paul... I believe we are on the wrong coarse and need to redirect. Irrespective of who the republican nominee is, I will have to hold my nose when I vote.

Old 12-11-2011, 11:10 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,818,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nep321 View Post
Ron Paul. He is fiscally conservative and socially moderate. And, best of all, he has NO baggage, and has been the only one who kept his beliefs consistent.
Paul like most libertarians are not conservative nor liberal fiscally. He has some views that are hard right with others that are hard left. Paul also stands for freedom socially just like those that are liberal, making him quite liberal socially.

Old 12-11-2011, 11:24 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,882,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Paul like most libertarians are not conservative nor liberal fiscally. He has some views that are hard right with others that are hard left. Paul also stands for freedom socially just like those that are liberal, making him quite liberal socially.
He doesn't think it is the Federal governments role to use force on people in the name of social reform. It is the role of society.

Old 12-11-2011, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
I would vote for WHOEVER is the republican nominee to include Ron Paul... I believe we are on the wrong coarse and need to redirect. Irrespective of who the republican nominee is, I will have to hold my nose when I vote.
Vote conscience imo. Whichever candidate suits your needs. Party doesn't matter.
But you have to register Republican to vote for Ron Paul in the primary.

Old 12-11-2011, 11:28 PM

Oh look Obama is leading Newt. (just practicing in case I get a job in the media )

Old 12-11-2011, 11:34 PM

4,027 posts, read 7,293,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
Why ... ? I think everybody already knows why ...

Because he is the ONLY one who will actually really change things in Washington. If you elect any of the others, it will be either a continuation of Bush 2.0, or Bush 3.0 ...

Paul is the ONLY proven constitutionalists and anti-war candidate.

Paul is the ONLY candidate that will end not only the wars and interventions of our government around the world but also the drug war and its disastrous effects on our lives here in America and abroad. Everybody with any brains and knowledge of the subject knows that prohibition leads to black markets and massive increases in crime of every kind, its time to stop the madness and end the war on drugs ...

He is the ONLY candidate that has proven his desire to expose the corruption in the government and especially in the banking institutions.

He is the ONLY candidate who will really go after the federal reserve and you can GUARANTEE his chairman of the fed. and his sec. of treasury would not be banskster and wall street insiders.

Paul is the ONLY candidate that will use the powers of president to restore our rights and to repeal the bogus free trade agreements and security bills such as the patriot act. You can rest assured that his nominations to the supreme court would be strict constitutionalists themselves.

These are just a few of the reasons why, but the list goes on and on and on and on ... You get the point, right? ... Good ...

Peace!
He is not the only one. He may be the only well known candidate, but not the only one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections