Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2011, 11:03 AM

2,714 posts, read 4,282,846 times

Advertisements

... has been being too honest. Answering questions too honestly is bound to sink you in a campaign. This is why we get liars and fools for presidents-- the American people don't want honesty... we want lies. We do this to ourselves.

During the debates, Paul should have answered questions like Herman Cain: "I'll figure it out when I get to the white house... I'll consult with people and give you an answer later on once you elect me." If he answered like that-- then the American people would for sure know where he stands on the issues. Just like they know where Herman Cain stands... LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2011, 11:26 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,021,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclone8570 View Post
During the debates, Paul should have answered questions like Herman Cain: "I'll figure it out when I get to the white house... I'll consult with people and give you an answer later on once you elect me.
You've got to be kidding, right?
Dr. Ron Paul reminds me of someone I knew in college. Even with eyes closed, would get an A on a test.

When one is as bright as Paul, to dumb down is really
difficult.

When you're someone like a Cain, who is kind of dumb in
the first place, it just comes second nature

Last edited by pollyrobin; 10-27-2011 at 11:36 AM..

Old 10-27-2011, 11:29 AM

1,058 posts, read 1,264,476 times
I really like ron paul and he is easily the most intelligent in the field, however i do cringe at times when he rambles instead of structuring his answers in both interviews (where he has more time) and debates. His son does a better job in speaking and communicating his ideas in a more effective manner than ron.

I wince at times because I know it hurts him with undecideds and it is sad to see that because if you want true change than he is the man to vote for.

Old 10-27-2011, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufc1878 View Post
I really like ron paul and he is easily the most intelligent in the field, however i do cringe at times when he rambles instead of structuring his answers in both interviews (where he has more time) and debates. His son does a better job in speaking and communicating his ideas in a more effective manner than ron.

I wince at times because I know it hurts him with undecideds and it is sad to see that because if you want true change than he is the man to vote for.
I think a lot of that has to do with Paul being "managed"
this time around. He speaks so much better off the cuff
without regard to who will be offended. Sometimes, I
know he is actually thinking, "I've said this before, now
just do as I say, or else we are ****ed as a Nation"
^^^That really should be his slogan

Old 10-27-2011, 11:48 AM

10,875 posts, read 13,815,163 times
Paul is far too intelligent and well spoken for many people to understand, especially GOP voters. They don't want intelligence and logic, they want just simple right wing fodder like "one term president!" "repeal Obama care!" "9-9-9!" and other garbage. It's quite sad really.

Old 10-27-2011, 11:53 AM

753 posts, read 843,474 times
I agree with some of this. He's very Ross Perot in his 'old man' quips at times. Mainly because, like pollyrobin mentioned, he's said this stuff for 20 years now and just getting tired of saying it.

But he's still right. So he presses on.

Old 10-27-2011, 11:53 AM

9,000 posts, read 10,182,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
I think a lot of that has to do with Paul being "managed"
this time around. He speaks so much better off the cuff
without regard to who will be offended. Sometimes, I
know he is actually thinking, "I've said this before, now
just do as I say, or else we are ****ed as a Nation"
^^^That really should be his slogan
Hell, yes- that should be his slogan And it's true

Old 10-27-2011, 12:01 PM

730 posts, read 828,227 times
"Tricks and treachery are the practice of fools that don't have brains enough to be honest"

Ben Franklin

Old 10-27-2011, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady's Man View Post
"Tricks and treachery are the practice of fools that don't have brains enough to be honest"

Ben Franklin
I like that a lot

Old 10-27-2011, 12:31 PM

5,864 posts, read 4,981,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclone8570 View Post
... has been being too honest. Answering questions too honestly is bound to sink you in a campaign. This is why we get liars and fools for presidents-- the American people don't want honesty... we want lies. We do this to ourselves.

During the debates, Paul should have answered questions like Herman Cain: "I'll figure it out when I get to the white house... I'll consult with people and give you an answer later on once you elect me." If he answered like that-- then the American people would for sure know where he stands on the issues. Just like they know where Herman Cain stands... LOL
It's sad that someone so clearly intelligent, honest, moral, ethical, consistent and so clearly right on the issues is getting less support than a guy whose only discernible "plan" is repeating a number three times and who seems to have the innate quality to shift positions with the win and lie. Hell I guess Cain would fit right in in Washington. Anyone who casts a ballot for Herman Cain, Mitt Romney, Rick Perry, Barack Obama, or any of the other corporate boot licking establishment insiders has no right to complain about the state of the nation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections