Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2011, 02:23 PM

665 posts, read 1,243,915 times

Advertisements

Rasmuseen the poll most conservatives go by has obama ahead of romney
by 3 points. Election 2012: Obama 44%, Romney 41%

link Election 2012: Obama 44%, Romney 41% - Rasmussen Reports™

hmm i thought ron paul said anybody can beat obama.
Bob Dole had Bill clinton by 10 points and unemployment was around
7.9 %. Obama has is tied or leading romey in most polls and unemployment is at 8.6.

that proves how weak the GOP is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2011, 02:29 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,570,037 times
That's an outlier poll with no credibility whatsoever. I never trust Rasmussen, even when I like the results.

Old 12-24-2011, 02:37 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,738,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptug101 View Post

7.9 %. Obama has is tied or leading romey in most polls and unemployment is at 8.6.

Several contributing factors of course. One of the really big one is the fact that the House and Senate have been playing chicken with major finance and tax legislation. Neither one budges, both sit and wait for the other one to blink. Normally this would lead most sane people to conclude that everyone involved is completely insane.

Somehow Obama and the Dems have spun each case as "it was 100% the Republican's fault!" I don't know how they've managed to do that and actually got the American people to buy it, but they did. Instead of the game of two way chicken that we actually saw, the Dems get a pass for any irresponsibility and "the GOP was holding America hostage."

Well, we just got done with yet another of those with the payroll tax schpeel, so the GOP is looking bad right now. Obviously, that had an impact on the poll in question.

I'd rather just be rid of both parties and create new ones. They're both just awful. The squabble like kindergartners fighting over a toy and even if they have both houses of Congress and the White House, they never get anything useful done. Hopefully Ron Paul wins the nomination. Does Obama even have a game plan for a candidate that much different from the usual GOP member?

I'm puzzled by one thing. You reference Dole having a 10% lead on Clinton. Was this before the GOP primaries had even started?

Old 12-24-2011, 02:38 PM

Rasmussen and Gallup are the two most trusted polls even Fox news
usually quotes the rasmussen poll,and Scott Rasmussen is on Fox news all the time.

Old 12-24-2011, 02:42 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,570,037 times
Quote:
usually quotes the rasmussen poll,and Scott Rasmussen is on Fox news all the time.
You just destroyed your own argument.

Old 12-24-2011, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
Several contributing factors of course. One of the really big one is the fact that the House and Senate have been playing chicken with major finance and tax legislation. Neither one budges, both sit and wait for the other one to blink. Normally this would lead most sane people to conclude that everyone involved is completely insane.

Somehow Obama and the Dems have spun each case as "it was 100% the Republican's fault!" I don't know how they've managed to do that and actually got the American people to buy it, but they did. Instead of the game of two way chicken that we actually saw, the Dems get a pass for any irresponsibility and "the GOP was holding America hostage."

Well, we just got done with yet another of those with the payroll tax schpeel, so the GOP is looking bad right now. Obviously, that had an impact on the poll in question.

I'd rather just be rid of both parties and create new ones. They're both just awful. The squabble like kindergartners fighting over a toy and even if they have both houses of Congress and the White House, they never get anything useful done. Hopefully Ron Paul wins the nomination. Does Obama even have a game plan for a candidate that much different from the usual GOP member?

I'm puzzled by one thing. You reference Dole having a 10% lead on Clinton. Was this before the GOP primaries had even started?

How was it not the GOP's house fault. Obama and the dems wanted a 1 yr
extension,the House GOP did not want to extend it about 2 weeks ago,but they knew public would be upset so they pass an extension for 1 yr in the house with a bunch of medicare and federal workforce cuts,that they know
the Dems would never agree to it was DOA in the senate. The Senate proposed a 1 yr extension paid for by a millionaires tax the republicans could not live with that.

So the senate republicans and Democrats hash out a temporary 2 month agreement so they can have more time to figure how to pay for the extenstion 50 democrats and 39 republicans agree to it. John bohener agree's to it on Saturday night, the tea party throws a fit because they didnt get their federal workforce and medicare reduction,and bohener has to reject the deal on sunday.

not to mention the Dems gave up the millionaires tax and the keystone pipeline.

Old 12-24-2011, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
You just destroyed your own argument.
Gallup and Rasmussen has called the last few elections with in a half of percentage points.

Old 12-24-2011, 03:05 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,875,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
That's an outlier poll with no credibility whatsoever. I never trust Rasmussen, even when I like the results.
On Dec 21st Rasmussen Reports survey of Iowa caucus participants
Romney 25%
Paul 20%
Newt Gingrich 17%.

We'll see how that pans out since most are predicting a Ron Paul win.

Old 12-24-2011, 03:58 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,815,163 times
Quote:
Rasmussen is the most biased major pollster out there, leaning hard to the right. No wonder they are on fox all the time

Old 12-24-2011, 04:11 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,645,820 times
Quote:

Obama would mop the floor with Romney. Too much baggage and a quick reminder about Bush and McCain, would seal the deal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections