Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2011, 05:13 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,570,037 times

Advertisements

The newsletter issue is just too much to overcome. I've been trying to come up with the words to explain why but I believe conservative Houston Chronicle columnist did a better job.

Comments You Won

(I do not know why the link comes out like that. Must be a chronicle.com glitch.)

He makes a great point when he states that Paul did not distance himself previously. Quite the contrary. Paul stands by his opinions vehemently, often times to his own peril.

All this has been quite predictible to me, but then again I live in Texas. I nearly perfectly predicted the quick demise of Perry and live near Paul's district. I suppose this gave me a bit of a leg up when it came to predicting what would happen during the nomination process.

It's Romney's nomination. All that is left is for the GOP to wake up and realize that the longer they continue to support the other candidates, the more Republicans undermine their chances of beating Obama.

Oh, and did you look at the reports for Christmas spending? Not exactly the signs of an impending econominc collapse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2011, 05:33 PM

30,263 posts, read 23,746,924 times
Boy I sure do love it when people say they have "researched" everything knowing full well they haven't.

I suppose you missed this thread:

https://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...l-context.html

It's going to take you a LONG time to read but I highly suggest that you do before you spout off that Paul is a racist again.

No, seriously, read it. I triple dog dare you.

Old 12-26-2011, 05:41 PM

1,805 posts, read 1,467,608 times
He makes a great point when he states that Paul did not distance himself previously

I guess he didn't do his research very well when he states that. I heard Dr. Paul distance himself from those news letters well before 2008. Its totally up to you whether or not you believe Dr. Paul.

Old 12-26-2011, 05:50 PM

3,493 posts, read 4,673,787 times
The sad thing is that people aren't going to sit down and listen to reason and logic about his comments. People don't operate like that. This is America. They'll see his comments, look briefly into what he has to say about them, and form an opinion in less than five minutes.

And since the comments are racist in nature, and he will be running against a "black" president, I'd honestly look forward to watching Obama hand him is own ass come election day.

Personal convictions aside...

Old 12-26-2011, 05:51 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,570,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Boy I sure do love it when people say they have "researched" everything knowing full well they haven't.

I suppose you missed this thread:

https://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...l-context.html

It's going to take you a LONG time to read but I highly suggest that you do before you spout off that Paul is a racist again.

No, seriously, read it. I triple dog dare you.
I live right down the street from his district.

It has been known for a long time how Paul feels. Sorry to see you have been duped.

Old 12-26-2011, 06:04 PM

30,263 posts, read 23,746,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dub dub II View Post
The sad thing is that people aren't going to sit down and listen to reason and logic about his comments. People don't operate like that. This is America. They'll see his comments, look briefly into what he has to say about them, and form an opinion in less than five minutes.
I'd say that is an accurate description of 95% of the people out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
I live right down the street from his district.

It has been known for a long time how Paul feels. Sorry to see you have been duped.
Big whoop. I live right down the street from Stephen King, you think that gives me an inside scoop on what Stephen King does or says on a daily basis?

Old 12-26-2011, 06:06 PM

4,866 posts, read 5,680,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dub dub II View Post
TThis is America. They'll see his comments, look briefly into what he has to say about them, and form an opinion in less than five minutes.
I know right!

That is how Bush and Obama got elected.

That is why Mitt Romney is supposedly surging...Because people do not bother doing their research.

Track record says it all. That one you cannot hide.

Old 12-26-2011, 06:07 PM

4,100 posts, read 4,518,405 times
Keep in mind Iowa is next week.

Old 12-26-2011, 08:34 PM

6,721 posts, read 5,203,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0marvin0 View Post
He makes a great point when he states that Paul did not distance himself previously

I guess he didn't do his research very well when he states that. I heard Dr. Paul distance himself from those news letters well before 2008. Its totally up to you whether or not you believe Dr. Paul.
Here is Paul defending them in 1996. Guess you should have done more research before going after the OP.

Paul, a Republican obstetrician from Surfside, said Wednesday he opposes racism and that his written commentaries about blacks came in the context of ""current events and statistical reports of the time."

http://www.chron.com/CDA/archives/ar...-offer-am.html

Old 12-26-2011, 08:42 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,661,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
Here is Paul defending them in 1996. Guess you should have done more research before going after the OP.

Paul, a Republican obstetrician from Surfside, said Wednesday he opposes racism and that his written commentaries about blacks came in the context of ""current events and statistical reports of the time."

CAMPAIGN '96/U.S. HOUSE/Newsletter excerpts offer ammunition to Paul's opponent/GOP hopeful quoted on race, crime 05/23/1996 | Archives | Chron.com - Houston Chronicle

You're right buzz.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections