Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2011, 03:24 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
No you don't but you don't vote directly for the President or Vice President. The electoral college does. Have you read the 12th Amendment? Are you familiar with the Constitution?
You vote for who the electorial college will vote for the President, you know this, so dont play stupid with me.

And there is a process in place for when there is no "vice President", and Bush would have been able to pick his VP, i.e. Cheney, so dont pretend the position sits empty.

Look back at what happened when Nixon resigned and Gerald Ford took over - Ford appointed Nelson Rockefeller to be vice president
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2011, 03:25 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,716,760 times
Read the links. I'm not going to spell it out for you again. I did this for you yesterday. If you don't want to learn, don't waste my time.

Old 12-28-2011, 03:25 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,054,479 times
There's no reason to act like a democrat.

Old 12-28-2011, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Read the links. I'm not going to spell it out for you again. If you don't want to learn, don't waste my time.
I dont need to read the link, I know the process put in place if there is no VP. The President gets to picks the VP, so if Bush had won the election, and Cheney lost the election due to not enough votes, then Bush then would have taken the oath and picked his VP, and Cheney would have become VP anyways.

Again, look back at what happened when Nixon resigned and Gerald Ford took over - Ford appointed Nelson Rockefeller to be vice president.

Old 12-28-2011, 03:32 PM

Enjoy your ignorance then pghquest. A person can only spell things out for you so many times. When you actually refuse to read the Constitution because you think you know better, you cannot be helped.

Old 12-28-2011, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Enjoy your ignorance then pghquest. A person can only spell things out for you so many times. When you actually refuse to read the Constitution because you think you know better, you cannot be helped.
There isnt one section of the constitution which says I'm wrong..

Hell, what you quoted validated what I said is the truth

In that election, the Bush-Cheney ticket won the state of Texas. But the Texan electors would not have been able to vote for both Bush and Cheney. Presumably they would have voted for Bush for President, and either not cast a vote for Vice-President, or cast votes for some other person. In that case, Bush would have still won the Presidency with 271 electoral votes (to Al Gore's 266*), but there would have been no winner in the Vice-Presidential election, because Dick Cheney would have had only 239 electoral votes (271 minus the 32 from Texas), and Joe Lieberman would have had only 266.

And what happens when there is no VP Seacove?

Answer: The PRESIDENT PICKS ONE, and Bush would have picked Cheney.

Spare me the accusations about who's being ignorant because its clearly YOU!!

25th amendment of that Constitution you keep saying I dont know about says

Whenever there is a vacancy in the office of the Vice President, the President shall nominate a Vice President who shall take office upon confirmation by a majority vote of both Houses of Congress

Old 12-28-2011, 03:41 PM

Like I said, I'm not going to keep spelling things out for you over and over like yesterday. Enjoy your ignorance.

Old 12-28-2011, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Like I said, I'm not going to keep spelling things out for you over and over like yesterday. Enjoy your ignorance.
25th amendment of the Constitution says

Whenever there is a vacancy in the office of the Vice President, the President shall nominate a Vice President who shall take office upon confirmation by a majority vote of both Houses of Congress

Where is MY ignorance? I'd have more respect for you if you'd stop living in denal, and just admit that Cheney still would have been VP even if they were both from the same state rather than sit here babbling nonsense.

Old 12-28-2011, 03:46 PM

I recommend you call Rush Limbaugh and have him explain it to you. But tell him you are going to need to hear it very slowly.

Old 12-28-2011, 03:46 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,170,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
12th Amendment.

That is a commonly held myth.

snopes.com: President and Vice-President Must Be From Different States
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections