Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Has the Paulistas on CD affected how you plan to vote?
No, i was already for Paul 27 45.00%
No, i was already for other gop candidate. 6 10.00%
no, i am for obama. 8 13.33%
yes, more likely to vote for Ron Paul 12 20.00%
yes, less likely to vote for Ron Paul 7 11.67%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2011, 11:05 AM

6,721 posts, read 5,205,104 times

Advertisements

Has the hard press by the Paulistas, HERE ON CD FORUM, made you more likely or less likely to vote for Ron Paul.

FYI, I am making this a public poll so the Paulistas are honest.

Last edited by buzzards27; 12-28-2011 at 11:31 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2011, 11:06 AM

5,562 posts, read 5,685,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
Has the hard press by the Paulistas made you more likely or less likely to vote for Ron Paul.

Sorry we can be pushy but when the media ignores you, the message and has a honest person running its kinda a duty to inform people.

Old 12-28-2011, 11:07 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,949,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
Has the hard press by the Paulistas made you more likely or less likely to vote for Ron Paul.

Far Less Likely. His policy ideas were bad enough but the rabid cult followers make me sure I do not want to be part of their delusional world.

Old 12-28-2011, 11:10 AM

4,866 posts, read 5,681,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Far Less Likely. His policy ideas were bad enough but the rabid cult followers make me sure I do not want to be part of their delusional world.

Because the "real" world we have now is so much better

Old 12-28-2011, 11:12 AM

233 posts, read 753,577 times
I don't see a poll...

For me it was a roommate in 08 who kept saying Ron Paul Ron Paul..and I did not even like my roommate. I cast my vote for Obama hoping for change...all I saw was more of the same.. Then people started talking about how crooked the system was and I thought they were hippies, but eventually Glenn Beck started talking about similar stuff and then I had ultra conservatives in my ear telling me about the crookedness...at that point I had to say HOLD ON!!

and I began researching about a year ago...I was stunned at the level of corruption...it is the same across the board...same animal, different industries, politics, food, medicine, drugs, foreign policy, etc etc etc...crooked as a kookoo bird....the whole thing...

6 months go by and my cousin asks if I had watched the GOP debate, said Ron Paul was owning it, I started listening, and immediately I knew he was no games, his track record speaks for itself, he has been reelected so many times, he speaks to the central problems our country is facing, he is truly no BS, once I understood the level of corruption within our system, and after about 6 months of letting the absurdity of that realization sink in, it became so very clear how Ron Paul is the only candidate that truly has not sold his soul to the almighty dollar...

we are truly one nation, under the dollar. i dont like that anymore.

Old 12-28-2011, 11:12 AM

10,875 posts, read 13,818,404 times
The right leaning posters in this elections forum just ride the wave and move on. They would post non-stop "trump for president!", then perry, then bachmann,..etc. The same GOP posters seem to jump on whatever bandwagon is "in" for the week, and Paul is it now.

Old 12-28-2011, 11:13 AM

12,772 posts, read 7,983,621 times
They got my attention in 2007 and I did my own research, now people like you get my attention and make me wonder how you can justify your overly aggressive anti-Paul message and at the same time condemn an equally aggressive message on the other end of the spectrum.

It would be like if I told you 2+2 was 5 and you told me 2+2 was 7, then we were both mad at one another because one of us were somehow "wronger" than the other. Its ridiculous and tiresome...I'll continue to defend the candidate that best matches my views, especially when people knowingly lie or use faulty logic...otherwise the name calling and "I'm better than you" stuff is just childish...and this thread is obviously an attempt to stoke those flames...again.

Old 12-28-2011, 11:18 AM

1,956 posts, read 1,812,997 times
Here's the thing -

People who hate Paul LOVES to push the idea that it was not Paul himself, but his supporters, who drove them away from him, to paint the picture that Paul supporters are a crazy bunch. If you were to form an opinion on a candidate based on who is supporting him, instead of looking at whom he supports, what kind of a voter are you? How do you expect a candidate to police every supporter of his? Even if he could, Paul wouldn't do it, because he believes people have liberty to do what they wish. If the media was not so biased, maybe the Paul supporters wouldn't have had to keep shouting till we were blue in the face.

Old 12-28-2011, 11:19 AM

4,100 posts, read 4,519,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
The right leaning posters in this elections forum just ride the wave and move on. They would post non-stop "trump for president!", then perry, then bachmann,..etc. The same GOP posters seem to jump on whatever bandwagon is "in" for the week, and Paul is it now.
I think 95% of Paul supporters here on CD have been Paul supporters the entire time.

Answer: No, I became a Paul fan by researching him a while back, people on here didn't sway me either direction.

Old 12-28-2011, 11:19 AM

6,721 posts, read 5,205,104 times
So, your poll answer should have been no, the cd paulistas didn't changee your mind it was changed by your room mate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoPoliticsNoGamesJustMath View Post
I don't see a poll...

For me it was a roommate in 08 who kept saying Ron Paul Ron Paul..and I did not even like my roommate. I cast my vote for Obama hoping for change...all I saw was more of the same.. Then people started talking about how crooked the system was and I thought they were hippies, but eventually Glenn Beck started talking about similar stuff and then I had ultra conservatives in my ear telling me about the crookedness...at that point I had to say HOLD ON!!

and I began researching about a year ago...I was stunned at the level of corruption...it is the same across the board...same animal, different industries, politics, food, medicine, drugs, foreign policy, etc etc etc...crooked as a kookoo bird....the whole thing...

6 months go by and my cousin asks if I had watched the GOP debate, said Ron Paul was owning it, I started listening, and immediately I knew he was no games, his track record speaks for itself, he has been reelected so many times, he speaks to the central problems our country is facing, he is truly no BS, once I understood the level of corruption within our system, and after about 6 months of letting the absurdity of that realization sink in, it became so very clear how Ron Paul is the only candidate that truly has not sold his soul to the almighty dollar...

we are truly one nation, under the dollar. i dont like that anymore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections