Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2012, 04:31 AM

1,770 posts, read 2,897,817 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post

Ha. I'm not an uninformed bigot.

I like Ron Paul a lot and I would probably be one of his supporters if it weren't for his foreign policy views.

That said, his strongest supporters are obsessed with him much like Obama's strongest supporters were obsessed with him a few years ago.
But the difference between Obama supporters (in 2008) and Paul supporters is that Paul supporters know WHAT they are supporting. They don't just go "Oooh! Hope & Change! That sounds nice! What lovely kids he has "
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2012, 04:57 AM

4,100 posts, read 4,517,673 times
No surprise... we'll see what happens...

Old 01-03-2012, 05:24 AM

2,057 posts, read 3,870,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Layoff the everything is a conspiracy for a little bit and perhaps you won't get responses like that...
Well certainly not everything is a conspiracy but the most important issue that Ron Paul has addressed is a major conspiracy that anybody ignoring it is being willfully ignorant.

Old 01-03-2012, 06:42 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,753,334 times
Quote:

Ha. I'm not an uninformed bigot.

I like Ron Paul a lot and I would probably be one of his supporters if it weren't for his foreign policy views.

That said, his strongest supporters are obsessed with him much like Obama's strongest supporters were obsessed with him a few years ago.
Please tell me what is wrong with his foreign policy views? 911 was a indirect result of blow back from our failed FP over the last 60 yrs, why not give non intervention a chance to work, I don't see where it can hurt, since our marching around the world and nation building has damaged this country and our credibility around the world.

Old 01-03-2012, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moving_pains View Post
Isn't it funny that Paul haters can throw around whatever demeaning terms they can think of against Paul supporters, but if we answer back in the same coin the Paul haters go "OMG PAULBOTS BE ATTAKIN ME..HOU DAR UUU..LULZ"?
I almost have to laugh, they can't find any dirt on Ron, so they resort to calling him and us a bunch of nuts, I say, PROVE IT! Show me where Ron is nuts??? I'm Waiting!

Old 01-03-2012, 06:50 AM

Quote:
You're right. I edited my post. You can't deny that this forum has a very strong Paul bias and that it's hard not to pick up on some idolization from many posters.

Because there aren't really any ardent Romney supporters. All of us who support Romney are doing so because we feel he is the lesser of many evils. We're not that excited about him, we just don't want four more years of Obama, we don't want Ron Paul to become president and put our national security in jeopardy, and we don't want some hardcore religious freak to become president.
When will you get it? Our national security is in jeopardy because of our failed FP of the past, we need to start moving the other way now, so we are not so badly hated. Don't you get it???

Old 01-03-2012, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Layoff the everything is a conspiracy for a little bit and perhaps you won't get responses like that...
I don't see much mention at all about conspiracy, what are you talking about. And you won't hear that crap from me!

Old 01-03-2012, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by outbacknv View Post
There aren't any ardent Romney supporters? Really? You replied to one in this very thread, no condemnation or suggestions of idolization. Just another swipe at Paul supporters.

As far as national security being put at jeopardy exactly how does stating that we should not engage in preemptive wars jeopardize our security? The US is all but broke. We cannot afford to continue bouncing around the globe initiating conflicts. Bankrupting the nation by engaging in preemptive wars of seriously questionable benefit does nothing to enhance national security.

None of us want four more years of Obama. We're simply not so blinded by partisan idiocy that we're willing to vote in a Republican version of Obama. Bad as Obama is there is at least a degree of resistance to his actions by current congressional Republicans. Romney (or any other of the neocon clowns) will be free to pursue the same destructive agendas with little to no opposition due to the R following their name.

Try something different for a change. Support some actual principles rather than blindly supporting your party.

As an aside, editing your post to "his strongest supporters" wasn't much of a change and still reflects your obvious personal bias rather than fact.
Wow, great post and Romney= 4 more yrs of Obama!

Old 01-03-2012, 07:11 AM

Quote:
As I've said before, I agree. I simply feel that Ron Paul would swing the pendulum way too far in the opposite direction. We can't use diplomacy with countries like Iran and we have to be prepared to do something about dangerous countries if necessary.
Think about this, do you really believe Iran is a threat to America, Israel? Israel could wipe Iran off the map with conventional forces alone. If you feel they are a threat, then I would be really worried about N. Korea or the wackos in Pakistan. Pakistan is not our friend and would turn their backs on us if it wasn't for the aid we give them. Start pulling non humanitarian aid from around the world and you will see quickly who likes us and who doesn't.

Old 01-03-2012, 07:18 AM

507 posts, read 1,537,943 times
Quote:
Because there aren't really any ardent Romney supporters. All of us who support Romney are doing so because we feel he is the lesser of many evils. We're not that excited about him, we just don't want four more years of Obama, we don't want Ron Paul to become president and put our national security in jeopardy, and we don't want some hardcore religious freak to become president.

When you say "us" and "we"..... who are you speaking for, exactly? You and a few friends, family members?? Who?

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections