Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2012, 09:42 PM

4,042 posts, read 3,532,010 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DentalFloss View Post
I'm nominally a republican, but am sooooo tired of social conservatives and their holier than thou attitudes attempting to tell us all how to live. I can't stand Obama, but would prefer him to this crap. [MOD CUT]

You prefer the religious fanaticism of BO over this Santorum's religious fanaticism?! We have youtube of Obama talking about why he must "redistribute" our wealth. He actually believes that HIS salvation is dependent upon OURS, as he speaks of the collective salvation of our country!!!

Ya can't GET more religiously fanatical than THIS....a la obama.

Have you listend to the youtube I am referring to, yet? I can post it for you if not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2012, 10:21 PM

4,035 posts, read 10,301,162 times
Santorum lost his last Senate campaign by a whopping 18 points for a reason.

Old 01-05-2012, 12:42 AM

26,680 posts, read 28,690,557 times
Please, Republicans! Nominate Santorum! Show America what kind of extremists you really are!

Old 01-05-2012, 12:58 AM

17,440 posts, read 28,621,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpk-nyc View Post
Santorum lost his last Senate campaign by a whopping 18 points for a reason.
By all rights, Santorum should no more be considered a serious GOP presidential candidate than Alan Keyes.

Santorum is a right wing statist, btw, not a conservative. He loves big government and hates state's rights.

Old 01-05-2012, 01:13 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,469,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
By all rights, Santorum should no more be considered a serious GOP presidential candidate than Alan Keyes.

Santorum is a right wing statist, btw, not a conservative. He loves big government and hates state's rights.
Keyes is more articulate than Santorum, but you are right in that they are both religious zealots. With Cain out of the race, I am left with only Gingrich, and I only agree with his positions 60% to 70% of the time, and he has no executive experience. Like Obama, Gingrich has never held a real job. Romney and Perry are desperately trying to pretend they are not liberal Democrats, and Ron Paul is a dangerous lunatic.

Old 01-05-2012, 01:14 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,798,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Please, Republicans! Nominate Santorum! Show America what kind of extremists you really are!
You just want to even out the scales of extremism after voting in your job killing, promise breaking, 57 state, lead from behind, bowing to Iran, "look it's Bush with a tan", hope and change liar. Two extremists somehow make it all right for you?

Old 01-05-2012, 01:18 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,458,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnysee View Post
You prefer the religious fanaticism of BO over this Santorum's religious fanaticism?! We have youtube of Obama talking about why he must "redistribute" our wealth. He actually believes that HIS salvation is dependent upon OURS, as he speaks of the collective salvation of our country!!!

Ya can't GET more religiously fanatical than THIS....a la obama.

Have you listend to the youtube I am referring to, yet? I can post it for you if not.
Anything negative to do with Obama, his supporters do not want to see.
Make a mold of Obama, he will not be perfect as some claim.
What gets my gripe his he can do things others have done, and have gotten flack over, but because he is Obama, he gets a free pass. Yep some of my friends have seen it, and thought he was just crazy.

His past friendships were very crirtical, the people he hung out with, and what he believed. A leopard does not shed his spots that easily!

Old 01-05-2012, 01:21 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,798,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
Keyes is more articulate than Santorum, but you are right in that they are both religious zealots. With Cain out of the race, I am left with only Gingrich, and I only agree with his positions 60% to 70% of the time, and he has no executive experience. Like Obama, Gingrich has never held a real job. Romney and Perry are desperately trying to pretend they are not liberal Democrats, and Ron Paul is a dangerous lunatic.
See, that's the brilliance behind this "we want anyone but Romney" game the Dems are playing. They REALLY would prefer Romney. It's a win win for them if it comes down to Mitt and O, because either way they'll get a liberal president - who cares which letter follows his name. If Romney is the GOP selection it'll be a bigger scam than Obama making... a promise.

Old 01-05-2012, 01:23 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,263,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post

His past friendships were very crirtical, the people he hung out with, and what he believed. A leopard does not shed his spots that easily!
I think it's time to post a picture (again) of Bush kissing (and holding hands with) the Saudi prince. LOL

Old 01-05-2012, 01:27 AM

38,647 posts, read 26,405,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post

Careful what you wish for.

Remember, Obummer is still unelectable.

I must confess that I know little about Santorum, but based solely on the mindless hate he receives from the extreme left, it's clear that he must be a solid conservative with the ability to close the deal with the American people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections