Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who do you think the debate is going to help the most?
Gingrich 2 4.76%
Huntsman 4 9.52%
Paul 20 47.62%
Perry 0 0%
Romney 12 28.57%
Santorum 4 9.52%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2012, 09:11 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,868,562 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
George, obama's derriere licker, really made a fool of himself for this stupid question he kep trying to push. Did you hear the audience booing and groaning after the third attempt?

Remember, they really don't want to talk about the REAL issues, because that would really do damage to obama. Just fluff, trying to get the candidates to attack one another and of course, the ever present social issues.

It was hilarious. It definately showed how stupid the lame stream media has gotten. But then maybe they are just lazy. In the last 3 years they haven't done much but push the healthcare fiasco and redefine illegal aliens that have taken jobs and deflated wages in this country. They try to say Republicans are hung up on social issues but it didn't seem to me that any of the candidates were chomping at the bit to make it an issue. They realize the economy is priority.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2012, 09:13 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,986,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
The ABC goon squad is shilling for Romney now.
He'll be easy for Obama to beat.

Old 01-07-2012, 09:15 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNEwx_46 View Post
yeah I noticed that & cracked up. And Sawyer was on the syrup again
My god, what the heck is WRONG with her? I think she takes herself way, way too seriously, tries to pretend she is asking deep, deep questions.

Old 01-07-2012, 09:16 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,868,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BP72 View Post
My favorite part was Newt saying his draft was differed because he had a Wife and kid. Then you see in Ron Pauls eyes that he was p***ed at that answer. Ron gunned him down with I had a Wife and 2 kids and when called .. I went.

Newt .. man.. he should not have even said what he did.

I have knowledge of how to run the Military because I was a Military brat. Ok, you know what it is like to be a Military Dependent... still does not give you experience as a Soldier, Sailor, Airman or Marine.

I did like how they called out the Candidates on their comments about the other Candidates pretty much from the start. That was popcorn time.

Last thing, WTH was it with the Condom question? Where is that coming from?

Any way to avoid the REAL issues.

Old 01-07-2012, 09:16 PM

2,608 posts, read 2,097,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
Good point! If these hosts were doing their job, they would have pursued that with all of em. I hope the viewers picked up on that as well.
I heard him bring it up twice, I also noticed Romney blew off answering "Why not get rid of all the loopholes"???

Lots joking around about the constitution I didn't really think was very funny either...

But my favorite was when Ron Paul absolutely owned Newt on being a Chickenhawk!!!

Old 01-07-2012, 09:19 PM

407 posts, read 388,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by modeerf View Post
He'll be easy for Obama to beat.
Can you tell us specifically which candidate you think would be more difficult to beat?

Old 01-07-2012, 09:19 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,368,760 times
I believe Romney wishes he could just coast into his campaign against Obama. More exposure on Romney is not going to help him.

The problem is the whole field is soft. Don't see any real winners. Reagan was the master debater, he seemed stupid, but managed to make Mondale look like a buffoon.

Old 01-07-2012, 09:20 PM

2,010 posts, read 2,372,173 times
I think it was good that Huntsman got more air time, and he was good with his responses. It furthered my feeling that next to Paul, he's by far the best candidate. I really don't understand why he doesn't have more support, although he definitely could be the next "not Romney" after Santorum flops. As for Romney, I like what he says, but it totally contradicts his record. Sorry guys, I just don't trust him.

Old 01-07-2012, 09:21 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,170,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
I believe Romney wishes he could just coast into his campaign against Obama. More exposure on Romney is not going to help him.

The problem is the whole field is soft. Don't see any real winners. Reagan was the master debater, he seemed stupid, but managed to make Mondale look like a buffoon.

Mondale was sort of a buffoon.

Old 01-07-2012, 09:21 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,986,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0marvin0 View Post
Sanrene I have to agree with you. The moderators of that debate were horrible. Nothing of substance or depth. Frankly I think its rather insulting to the audience. On a side note. holy crap Georgie was sweating like he was in a sauna. whats up with that?
You couldn't see the demons hovering over him with their tongues of fire?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections