Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2012, 10:04 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,736,454 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
If the repugs are mean to the mormons, I'd say that they deserve it in spades. If romney wins, his church will probably demand that they build one of their opulent temples on the Washington Mall at the very least.
So you're against hate, but you're promoting hate. Please help me understand cuz that makes no sense.

I'm lost on the "opulent temple" thing but okay. If you can point out the Catholic Cathedral, the Baptist super-church and all the other buildings that past presidents obviously demanded to build in the Washington DC Mall area after becoming president ... What's your basis for this theory? It is so opposite from everything I know about them that you might as well be telling me they can shoot laser beams out of their eyes. (If they could, everyone would join up of course! LOL!)

They do already have a temple in the DC area anyways. I doubt they're going to build another one.

Pretty? Sure. Biggest and fanciest religious structure in the world? Not even close. Fanciest and biggest in the USA? Again, not even close. Biggest and fanciest in DC? Nope, again not even close. But it sounds to me like you believe it's a Mormon's only vacation resort or something. Mmmmkay.

Sounds like you hate religion and religious people a lot. You want bad things to happen to all of them, especially the Mormons. I'm at a loss why you seem to hate Mormons way more than any other religion. It's just weird.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2012, 10:08 PM

28,098 posts, read 29,970,289 times
Quote:
If the repugs are mean to the mormons, I'd say that they deserve it in spades. If romney wins, his church will probably demand that they build one of their opulent temples on the Washington Mall at the very least.
Good grief. Are you really that stupid or do you just think everybody who reads your posts is?

By the way, what would happen if Huntsman were to win (hypothetically speaking, since we all know that's not going to be the case)? Would his church also demend that the government build a Mormon temple?

Old 01-07-2012, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
I'm at a loss why you seem to hate Mormons way more than any other religion. It's just weird.
He's gay and thinks we all hate gays.

Old 01-07-2012, 10:11 PM

3,202 posts, read 4,434,577 times
Quote:
There has been a washington dc temple for more than thirty years...it was not built with public money...there is no need for another.You are getting more absurd as the night goes on.

If prior to the last election I suggested that if 'obama wins rev wright will demand a new church be built for him on the mall!' i'm sure even the majority of republicans on here would have called me mean names and questioned my sanity....and I would have deserved their ridicule.

Old 01-07-2012, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Good grief. Are you really that stupid or do you just think everybody who reads your posts is?

By the way, what would happen if Huntsman were to win (hypothetically speaking, since we all know that's not going to be the case)? Would his church also demend that the government build a Mormon temple?
Of course,they belong to the same 'cult'.....but he wouldn't care then since he finds huntsman so attractive.

What amazes me is that so far there is only one poster with 'mormon derangement syndrome' on this thread.Every thread with the word mormon in the title usually attracts them in droves.I guess none of the evangelicals that also suffer from 'mds' want to be seen as agreeing with the gay guy!

Old 01-07-2012, 11:08 PM

11,431 posts, read 19,003,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imbobbbb View Post
Of course,they belong to the same 'cult'.....but he wouldn't care then since he finds huntsman so attractive.

What amazes me is that so far there is only one poster with 'mormon derangement syndrome' on this thread.Every thread with the word mormon in the title usually attracts them in droves.I guess none of the evangelicals that also suffer from 'mds' want to be seen as agreeing with the gay guy!
You sure are a mean mormon.

Old 01-07-2012, 11:10 PM

11,431 posts, read 19,003,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
So you're against hate, but you're promoting hate. Please help me understand cuz that makes no sense.

I'm lost on the "opulent temple" thing but okay. If you can point out the Catholic Cathedral, the Baptist super-church and all the other buildings that past presidents obviously demanded to build in the Washington DC Mall area after becoming president ... What's your basis for this theory? It is so opposite from everything I know about them that you might as well be telling me they can shoot laser beams out of their eyes. (If they could, everyone would join up of course! LOL!)

They do already have a temple in the DC area anyways. I doubt they're going to build another one.

Pretty? Sure. Biggest and fanciest religious structure in the world? Not even close. Fanciest and biggest in the USA? Again, not even close. Biggest and fanciest in DC? Nope, again not even close. But it sounds to me like you believe it's a Mormon's only vacation resort or something. Mmmmkay.

Sounds like you hate religion and religious people a lot. You want bad things to happen to all of them, especially the Mormons. I'm at a loss why you seem to hate Mormons way more than any other religion. It's just weird.
are you a mormon? I wouldn't dislike religion so much if they'd stand up on their OWN funding instead of reaping generous exemption from all taxes (Federal, state and local property) and in limiting others' rights and meddling in the country's affairs. Instead, they seem to boast of their status and consider themselves to be untouchable, which they probably are. Which kind of churches are fancier than that? That DC temple is probably in the toniest part of DC. Gawd forbid that they build in a slum or middle class area.

Last edited by wehotex; 01-07-2012 at 11:38 PM..

Old 01-07-2012, 11:37 PM

Quote:
You sure are a mean mormon.
Well I have been a republican for over 30 years and that in and of itself means i'm mean,want to starve poor school children,pollute the water,dirty the air,and strangle cute little kittens with my bare hands...

I will say ,and have said, that the church should have stayed out of the whole prop 8 thing beyond making a statement for or against it.I don't think they should have helped finance the opposition and that it should,and usually does stay out of political issues.Many people in many religions act like society will collapse if gays can marry...I personally don't think it would make any real difference.I don't really think that people of the same sex can be 'married' under the traditional definition of the word but if states want to legalize it and call it 'marriage' I really don't care.I've got way more important things to worry about in my life.

Old 01-08-2012, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Which kind of churches are fancier than that? That DC temple is probably in the toniest part of DC. Gawd forbid that they build in a slum or middle class area.
For starters, Mormon temples are not the same thing as churches. There are roughtly 136 Mormon temples worldwide, but tens of thousands of Mormon churches (aka chapels, ward houses, meeting hourses) -- the vast majority of which are in "slums or middle-class areas".

Old 01-08-2012, 11:01 AM

Quote:
That DC temple is probably in the toniest part of DC. Gawd forbid that they build in a slum or middle class area.
The wash dc temple is actually a couple miles outside the city in kensington,md right next to the main highway around wash dc I-495 aka the capitol beltway.The houses directly around it are fairly nice but nothing that special by Wash dc standards.Upper middle class nowadays,not so much at the time it was built.The area within a mile a mile or so radius is very middle class to lower middle class with 7-11 s,gas stations,auto repair shops,and other service businesses.There is a couple of blocks right off of conneticut ave that have a bunch of antique shops,thats about as 'tony' as it gets.

As Katz said,the temples aren't the same as the churches either.The churches are actually some of the plainest churches i've ever been in both inside and outside.Most of them look more like a small,rural elementary school than a church.Mine is tucked in the middle of a bunch of houses in a residential neighborhood where I will guarantee you that family income is mostly below 50k a year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections