Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2012, 07:01 PM

442 posts, read 540,183 times

Advertisements

Jon Huntsman. Why don't more people support him? Is it because he's an enemy of the big banks and corporate corruption? Is it because he's not bought like the rest of the candidates? I'm not gonna lie, I initially supported Obama, but he eventually showed the true crook he was when he sucked off Wall Street as well.

Why not Huntsman? He's got experience in domestic governance, smart growth (not minimum wage job growth a-la Perry), a spotless personal record, experience working with our competition in terms of economies (an understanding of the Chinese economy is essential to catching up to them), fiscal responsibility, he's pro EFFICIENT economy (which allows for lower taxes). His state was named best managed by the Pew Center and has some of the best infrastructure in the nation as well as pristine wilderness.

I don't agree with his stance on abortion and I'm relatively indifferent about gun control, but he leans to the right on those... Why aren't more people voting for him?

As a left-leaning, young, urban, professional, I'm registering to vote for the first time (and for a Republican, no less) for Jon Huntsman. I'd known little about him until reading up on him recently. He's the best man for the job, I feel.

What are your opinions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2012, 07:17 PM

674 posts, read 698,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homiej View Post
Jon Huntsman. Why don't more people support him? Is it because he's an enemy of the big banks and corporate corruption? Is it because he's not bought like the rest of the candidates? I'm not gonna lie, I initially supported Obama, but he eventually showed the true crook he was when he sucked off Wall Street as well.

Why not Huntsman? He's got experience in domestic governance, smart growth (not minimum wage job growth a-la Perry), a spotless personal record, experience working with our competition in terms of economies (an understanding of the Chinese economy is essential to catching up to them), fiscal responsibility, he's pro EFFICIENT economy (which allows for lower taxes). His state was named best managed by the Pew Center and has some of the best infrastructure in the nation as well as pristine wilderness.

I don't agree with his stance on abortion and I'm relatively indifferent about gun control, but he leans to the right on those... Why aren't more people voting for him?

As a left-leaning, young, urban, professional, I'm registering to vote for the first time (and for a Republican, no less) for Jon Huntsman. I'd known little about him until reading up on him recently. He's the best man for the job, I feel.

What are your opinions?
My thoughts are Ron Paul 2012.

Old 01-10-2012, 07:20 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,707,101 times
Obama, Huntsman, Romney, Santorum, Gingrich, with slight variations they are all about the same. Blech!

Old 01-10-2012, 07:21 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,535,626 times
...more proof that Obama will win a 2nd term

OBAMA 2012

Old 01-10-2012, 07:21 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,127,661 times
He comes across as timid and weak. I see him being steamrolled, even by his own fellow conservatives in Congress. All bark and no bite. Pretty. Plastic. Not Presidential.

Old 01-10-2012, 07:33 PM

2,472 posts, read 3,198,524 times
It's because he decided to show some common sense and basically told America to stop running away from science. I wouldn't vote for a republican at all, but I respect him for saying that.

Old 01-10-2012, 07:33 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,707,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
...more proof that Obama will win a 2nd term

OBAMA 2012

Old 01-10-2012, 07:35 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,054,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homiej View Post

What are your opinions?
The fact that people of your ilk like him is enough reason for conservatives not to.

Old 01-10-2012, 09:33 PM

3,117 posts, read 4,587,033 times
Huntsman is nothing more t han Romney in a slightly less well-tailored suit. The only one running out of either side that's not bought and paid for is Paul, and Republican primary voters are apparently too stupid to put a horse who can actually win the general election out as their nominee.

They'll keep voting for Romney. And people like myself will stay home rather than vote, and it will guarantee another 4 years of Obama. But hey, at least those primary voters will know they "voted with their hearts".

Old 01-10-2012, 10:47 PM

442 posts, read 540,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
The fact that people of your ilk like him is enough reason for conservatives not to.
If that's the kind of attitude that Romney/Paul supporters have, count me glad to not be in that camp.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections