Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2012, 10:42 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,129,736 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Senator Scott Brown raised $3.2 million in the last three months of the year, boosting his campaign war chest to $12.8 million, the most that any
Massachusetts candidate has accumulated at this stage of a statewide race.

However, today Elizabeth Warren showed that people power is greater than Wall Street power. Her small donors nearly doubled Brown's total:
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/0...on?detail=hide

Looks as if Scott Brown's Wall Street cronies have a tough fight ahead...Go Elizabeth Warren!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2012, 10:49 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times
Oh my, looks like the intellectual foundation of OWS is getting money from Wall Street after all.

BostonHerald.com - Blogs: Lone Republican» Blog Archive » Wall Street money for Warren (http://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/news/lone_republican/index.php/2012/01/06/wall-street-money-for-warren/ - broken link)

Quote:
I thought Elizabeth Warren was all about transparency. We are all still waiting for her to file the required financial disclosure form.
Has she filed yet?

Quote:
If Lizzy Warden is truly opposed to Wall Street money, then shouldn’t she reject the DSCC’s money?
DSCC has taken over $40 million from WS over the last 7 years.

Old 01-14-2012, 11:09 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,129,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Oh my, looks like the intellectual foundation of OWS is getting money from Wall Street after all.

BostonHerald.com - Blogs: Lone Republican» Blog Archive » Wall Street money for Warren (http://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/news/lone_republican/index.php/2012/01/06/wall-street-money-for-warren/ - broken link)

Has she filed yet?

DSCC has taken over $40 million from WS over the last 7 years.
I'll wait until this is a source other than a right wing pet blogger. I'm sure Warren will have something to say on this issue. No matter how one slices it, no one could be a bigger Wall Street puppet than Brown. Good riddance to him and I'm fairly certain Warren will replace this favorite of the Wall Street banksters.

Old 01-16-2012, 07:46 AM

5,767 posts, read 5,015,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
I'll wait until this is a source other than a right wing pet blogger. I'm sure Warren will have something to say on this issue. No matter how one slices it, no one could be a bigger Wall Street puppet than Brown. Good riddance to him and I'm fairly certain Warren will replace this favorite of the Wall Street banksters.

Oooh...that WS money is only supposed to go to Republicans, doncha know? Warren has become a Progressive touchstone through her courageous and consistent stance; I think she'll wallop Brown as well.

Old 01-16-2012, 08:17 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
The wealthy, always support the wealthy.

Old 01-16-2012, 10:05 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,366,904 times
Quote:
Come on are you denying that the DSSC is not taking any Wall st bankster money? If Warren is consistent she will refuse to take any money from the DSSC and if she does some of the bankster money was back doored through the DSSC, right? We all know that they keep the palms greased on both sides of the aisle.With that said Warren will be powerless against Wall st except for her populous yapping. I do not even like Brown but lets keep it real.

Old 02-17-2012, 11:24 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,347,675 times
Quote:
Daily Kos: Elizabeth Warren kicks Wall Street's butt, raises $5.7 million

Looks as if Scott Brown's Wall Street cronies have a tough fight ahead...Go Elizabeth Warren!
As they say, a fool and his money are soon parted....

Poll shows Elizabeth Warren trailing Scott Brown by 9 points - The Washington Post

Old 02-17-2012, 01:32 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,364,082 times
When I asked who the 'rising stars' in the Democratic party, she was about the only name Dems seemed to be able to produce. If she can't win pretty decisively, say at least 55%, in Massachusetts, how can she expect to run for president in 2016?

Old 02-17-2012, 01:54 PM

3,478 posts, read 7,256,496 times
Warren cannot even count on the people of Massachusetts to boost her fundraising total. She has to rely on the Democratic machine outside of the state!

Donors from afar buoying Warren - Boston.com

Quote:
Elizabeth Warren’s campaign to reclaim a US Senate seat for the Democrats is drawing on deep out-of-state support, with 61.3 percent of her itemized donations coming from beyond Massachusetts’ borders during the last quarter of 2011.

The Cambridge Democrat, who outraised Republican incumbent Scott Brown $5.7 million to $3.2 million in the fourth quarter, received nearly 20 percent of her listed contributions from California and more than 13 percent from residents of the state of New York, according to a Globe analysis of a campaign finance database released yesterday....

By contrast, Brown received about two-thirds of his support from Massachusetts, which accounted for about 66 percent of his itemized donations. The second biggest source of Brown donations Brown was Texas, at 6.4 percent, followed by New York at 6.2 percent.
Which state is Warren working to represent again?

Old 02-17-2012, 02:20 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,364,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wxjay View Post
Warren cannot even count on the people of Massachusetts to boost her fundraising total. She has to rely on the Democratic machine outside of the state!

Donors from afar buoying Warren - Boston.com

Which state is Warren working to represent again?
That's a bad sign for her. We had a very similar house candidate, a Harvard-educated, committed lefty named Darcy Burner in my CD, which is a formerly R, now swing district east of Seattle. Darcy Burner was the darling of Seattle liberals and got a ton of out-of-district donations.

When election day came, she got trounced by the moderate R incumbent, an ex-sheriff who doesn't even have a college degree.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections