Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2012, 09:40 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomSawyer View Post
U.S. citizens are.
If they are in league with AQ to attack their own nation, that's a different story.

Remember, we used to hang traitors.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2012, 09:44 PM

791 posts, read 460,827 times
Quote:
Yes, and they had a trial first. The NDAA is the beginning of Nazism.

Old 01-16-2012, 09:44 PM

2,608 posts, read 2,097,732 times
Quote:
Yes, and they had a trial first. The NDAA is the beginning of Nazism.
Yes Sir, were well on our way to Fascism when people so easily give away God given rights to the guy with the best infomercial

Old 01-16-2012, 09:46 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,459,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earlyretired View Post
Hopefully people arent as stupid as the media is making them out to be
They are pretty uninformed. I think it is on purpose. The papers don't report half of what goes on in the world. I did my own little research project the other day and went to the library to see if ANY of the SC papers had reported the President signing the NDAA. I found that the last time anyone mentioned it in the paper read by Charlestonians was 2005!

Somehow I don't think they have written anything about the fact that Gingrich and Santorum aren't even on the ballot in three big states. So I imagine they will let their votes go to waste.

Old 01-16-2012, 09:49 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,527,721 times
As much as I despise the guy I also feel Smoozer Romney won tonight debate to the helping by Faux
I felt Newt did a good strong second, the crowd in MB was applauding him.
Ron Paul was being his true self. The problem is fear mongering same ol is what this country wants, and Republicans rather vote on fear mongering than what is right for the country.
That crowd didnt seem to favor Ron Paul and they are ones pulling lever Saturday. I wish him the best though.

This country will be no better off with Obamo or Step brother Roneo,
Mitt Romney Cartoons - Best Cartoons on Romney Presidential Campaign

Old 01-16-2012, 09:49 PM

3,504 posts, read 3,924,430 times
the whole cleaning and janitor work is a cheap shot to blacks, i agree with juan williams.

1. some kids can and do hide being poor. now they'll be outed and targeted by the rich white kids.

if you get everyone involved, i could be ok with it. he is specifically targeting low income non whites though. you think that intiative with white kids in SC, to that crowd, would've been met with applause?

i will at least give newt credit for going to a black church and sticking with it, and not backing off, so we know where he stands.

i dont think kids working is bad, as long as everybody is involved and not just poor black kids mopping the halls while the white kids are mocking them and tipping over the bucket of water. you get everyone involved and im fine with it.

Old 01-16-2012, 09:50 PM

22,190 posts, read 19,466,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Last I looked, enemies of America (AQ) weren't protected by our constitution.

How do you come to that conclusion?

Because he wants them to be able to earn a living, then a better living?

Here's what he said - your interpretation is way off base.

Gingrich On Food Stamp Comment: "Among The Politically Correct, You Are Not Supposed To Use Facts That Are Uncomfortable" | RealClearPolitics
Newt suggested that African Americans are settling for food stamps and don't want jobs.

Old 01-16-2012, 09:50 PM

1,004 posts, read 2,772,544 times
Gingrich did better than the other candidates at the debate, foxnews also reported that him and Ron Paul got high twitter remarks. Romney worst point in the debate according to foxnews twitter count was his stance on NDAA. Gingrich was the only candidate to get a standing ovation and loud applauses.

Old 01-16-2012, 09:51 PM

6,022 posts, read 7,830,455 times
How true is this

Old 01-16-2012, 09:52 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,459,190 times
Except for shows like "Freedom Watch" and news interviews with Ron Paul, tonight may have been the first night anything about the NDAA was on national TV. I don't think they made a point of announcing the President signed it on New Years. I think they were hoping people would not notice but THANKS TO RON PAUL for making sure we all knew what it was, the message is spreading and Americans are not fond of candidates who support it. That is why Ron Paul won the debate tonight, I think. He was the only one who came out strongly against it and also detailed exactly what it was so that the audience clearly understood. I think the FREEDOM message is spreading and the candidates who don't support it will lose.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections