Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2012, 12:59 PM

4,100 posts, read 4,517,673 times

Advertisements

What's so wrong with voting for the person you want to be Prez?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2012, 01:02 PM

20,054 posts, read 18,285,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNEwx_46 View Post
Don't you see? That's not how voting is done. You're supposed to play prisoner's dilemma in your mind and base your decision on what others think, and they're supposed to do the same concerning you.

Old 01-18-2012, 01:03 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,464,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
I would think only voting Obama would help Obama. Is there a vote stealing goblin that comes in the middle of the night and gives all the votes of no shows to Obama? Does this magical goblin flip the switch from Gary Johnson to Obama?
Look at the poll this very thread is about.

Quote:
Why wouldn't it be just as plausible to say voting for Mitt helps Obama, by validating his health care bill for example?
State program vs. federal program. Two completely different animals.

Old 01-18-2012, 01:03 PM

1,027 posts, read 1,257,051 times
Quote:

Romneytards believe that the GOP establishment should choose the candidate for you, simply because they are "next in line"....just like Gerald Ford, Bob Dole, and McCain...now it's French Madame Mitt's turn.

Old 01-18-2012, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Absolutely nothing is wrong with it. I just think the Ron Paul are unaware of the consequences of it because they're so caught up in all the "I'm obsessed with Ron Paul" crap and buy into all the rhetoric from some of Paul's extreme supporters. The refusal to even consider the ideas of anyone outside the "I love Ron Paul" crowd is a bit cult-like, IMO.

Romney and Obama are different. I'm so sick of hearing the line that they're exactly the same. It only comes from people who are delusioned. While I see disturbing similarities, suggesting that Romney is no better than Obama if you are a conservative is hilarious.

Old 01-18-2012, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
State program vs. federal program. Two completely different animals.
What if I didn't want it in my state? Vote to get it repealed, right? Same argument applies to Obamacare. The federal government protects citizens from being forced to participate in commerce.

Old 01-18-2012, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Absolutely nothing is wrong with it. I just think the Ron Paul are unaware of the consequences of it because they're so caught up in all the "I'm obsessed with Ron Paul" crap and buy into all the rhetoric from some of Paul's extreme supporters. The refusal to even consider the ideas of anyone outside the "I love Ron Paul" crowd is a bit cult-like, IMO.

Romney and Obama are different. I'm so sick of hearing the line that they're exactly the same. It only comes from people who are delusioned. While I see disturbing similarities, suggesting that Romney is no better than Obama if you are a conservative is hilarious.
What do Obama and Romney think about foreign adventures?
NDAA?
Patriot Act?
Gitmo?
Health care?
Progressive income tax?
Federal reserve?
Fiat currency?
Assault weapons?
Cap and trade?
Global warming?
TARP?

Old 01-18-2012, 01:08 PM

1,027 posts, read 1,257,051 times
Flip-Flop Romney = pro-choice, pro-gun control, self-described progressive with progressive views, was the architect of Obamacare and said it should be a "model for the nation", pro-TARP, pro-bailouts, pro-stimulus.

Can't get anymore "Obama" than that.

But I'll be voting for the REAL progressive and the REAL Obama, not the Obama-wannabe Mitt Zombie.

Old 01-18-2012, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Health care?
Obama thinks we should have a national program. Romney thinks states should be allowed to do what they want.

Quote:
Progressive income tax?
Romney supports flattening the tax code, cutting out loopholes, and cutting taxes.

Old 01-18-2012, 01:09 PM

7,184 posts, read 4,768,189 times
Quote:
TheFix, why do you always pick the polls that have Romney behind Obama? There are plenty where Romney leads Obama.

Anyway, Ron Paul supporters, do you REALLY think Obama is better than Romney? Wake up - they are the only two choices. Quit living in Fantasy Land/Pretend World.
That's just it.

I am sick and tired of "having two choices": Bad and Worse.

I am writing in Ron Paul and I don't even like him that much. I don't care if it means "throwing away" my vote. I don't care about the consequences or aftermath.

I have had it.

Neither party is looking out for people like me. Both parties count on people limiting themselves to "two choices" which enables them to be unresponsive to what the people really want.

I pay taxes and I have no actual representation in Congress because I live in a gerrymandered "safe" district. My congressman is an anachronistic waste of fresh air.

I figured the only chance I have of expressing my sentiments in a meaningful way is by writing in candidates every 4 years. That is what I am going to do from now on.

Cheers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections