Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2012, 04:35 AM

2,399 posts, read 4,222,269 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
Doesn't matter, its that same type crowd in general, just a different venue. These people obviously have no moral or ethical fiber whatsoever ... and they seem to mostly uneducated hillbillies as well.
How could they be hillbillies when they live in the low country?

Secondly, why do you assume they're uneducated?

They could simply be brainwashed about the candidates, the result of the media. The other option is that they could be ignorant. One last option is that they may have a different point of view.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2012, 04:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
Suburbanized hillbillies ... You can take the dog out of the boonies, but you cant take the boonies out of the dog.

Old 01-20-2012, 04:41 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,875,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stars&StripesForever View Post
How could they be hillbillies when they live in the low country?

Secondly, why do you assume they're uneducated?

They could simply be brainwashed about the candidates, the result of the media. The other option is that they could be ignorant. One last option is that they may have a different point of view.
TPers know no boundaries, they are roving bands following their anointed lead Lemmings.

Old 01-20-2012, 04:52 AM

Newt looks incredibly full of himself/pompous. Do you all see the same thing?

Old 01-20-2012, 04:54 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,875,053 times
Quote:
For a long time, but I hope he winds up the nominee.

Old 01-20-2012, 06:04 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,984,873 times
Quote:
No.

Old 01-20-2012, 06:12 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,056,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
OH MAN, NEWT just laid into CNN and the media.

Jesus, Newt is really pounding.
I like the CNN web story on the debate today. I'm being sarcastic.

Old 01-20-2012, 06:12 AM

9,617 posts, read 6,073,379 times
Congratulations on your sound logic. Though, I am not sure sound logic is of much use in the kindergarten.
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
How does a bitter ex wife's interview right before the primary tell you anything about his character? Is character something that should be considered? Sure. But, a one-sided slam of someone isn't analyzing someone's character. It's not so much the information about Newt's life but how it is being presented.

Old 01-20-2012, 06:23 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,056,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
I've been leaning towards Romney but I would call me undecided right now. That being said, I have had some issues with Romney stumbling of late. I worry that Newt would not do well in withstanding the attacks from the left if he were the candidate. I do really enjoy Newt's performance in the debates. I guess, at this point, I am undecided and I only have one more day to decide!
If Newt Gingrich doesn't win the nomination, he should host a weekly TV show called something like Debating the Issue where he picks one topic a week and two people square off on it or he debates another person.

I think Newt the Candidate will be a lot better than Newt the President but not because of all of the jazz swirling around him that the media harps on. I just don't see him as an executive who can bring his ideas to fruition. All of his accomplishments stop at the implementation of them. That's true of Santorum and Paul as well. And I don't like Moderate Mitt Romney being forced on me. That leaves me with Gary Johnson in the general election...and probably 4 more years of Obama unless some Republican conservative governor (and I don't mean moderate) rides to the rescue.

Old 01-20-2012, 06:50 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,758,236 times
Antbody think Jerry Springer should run the next debate?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections