Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2012, 12:50 AM

3,117 posts, read 4,588,062 times

Advertisements

-Iowa votes for a theocratic jingoist bigot (Santorum) as their lead horse.
-New Hampshire votes for the theocratic jingoist flip flopper (Romney) as their lead horse
-South Carolina votes for the philandering jingoist extremist neocon as their lead horse

Does the word "electability" mean nothing to Republican primary voters? What kind of twisted, warped, strung out mind looks at this field and goes "Ya know, I think what the independent voters who decide presidential elections want is an extremist. THAT'S what the people want! We'll win for sure!"

Apparently Republican voters in Iowa think that they can win an election while getting 0 of the minority vote, 0 of the atheist vote, and very little of the pro choice vote. Republican voters in New Hampshire think that they can win an election while getting about 30% of the independent vote and none of the people who put "man of his word" a the top of their election criteria. And Republicans in South Carolina think that they can win an election while getting 0% of the female vote AND 0% of the minority vote. Is this country suddenly 55% Republican and I just didn't see it? I'm pretty sure it's not.

You Republican voters....you're just handing Obama a 2nd term at this point. I held out some hope for a while that you'd either eventually pull your head out of your collective asses and realize this country will never move to the fringes you want it to be at....or at the very least swallow the bitter pill and vote for someone who has a chance, but apparently I was wrong.

You're completely and totally out of touch with reality, and that's too bad. I've long said that if the GOP doesn't put someone compelling up against Obama this year, I would just sit at home rather than hold my nose and vote for the Republican, even though I'm completely fed up with Obama. But after seeing this and how much in need of a message Republican voters are, I think I might just take the 5 seconds necessary to mail in a ballot with a circle filled in for O. You guys need a wake up call.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2012, 12:51 AM

11,011 posts, read 11,029,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanathos View Post
-New Hampshire votes for the theocratic jingoist flip flopper (Romney) as their lead horse
-South Carolina votes for the philandering jingoist extremist neocon as their lead horse

Does the word "electability" mean nothing to Republican primary voters? What kind of twisted, warped, strung out mind looks at this field and goes "Ya know, I think what the independent voters who decide presidential elections want is an extremist. THAT'S what the people want! We'll win for sure!"

You Republican voters....you're just handing Obama a 2nd term at this point. I held out some hope for a while that you'd either eventually pull your head out of your collective asses and realize this country will never move to the fringes you want it to be at....or at the very least swallow the bitter pill and vote for someone who has a chance, but apparently I was wrong.

You're completely and totally out of touch with reality, and that's too bad. I've long said that if the GOP doesn't put someone compelling up against Obama this year, I would just sit at home rather than hold my nose and vote for the Republican, even though I'm completely fed up with Obama. But after seeing this and how much in need of a message Republican voters are, I think I might just take the 5 seconds necessary to mail in a ballot with a circle filled in for O. You guys need a wake up call.
Let me guess, a Ron Paul supporter?

Old 01-22-2012, 01:18 AM

4,042 posts, read 3,530,846 times
Xanathos, don't you see what is happening? ANYTHING, and anybody but BO! This is sheer desperation that is driving this energy to find a candidate. About electability, it doesn't matter since most conservatives do not believe BO is electable without a ton of Voter and Election fraud. They are very in-touch with reality on this one. My friends that voted for him are suffering and they are very PO'ed, to say the least. The ones with the fattest egos are just more quiet than some others.

Old 01-22-2012, 01:19 AM

14,076 posts, read 20,537,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanathos View Post

Apparently Republican voters in Iowa think that they can win an election while getting 0 of the minority vote, 0 of the atheist vote, and very little of the pro choice vote. Republican voters in New Hampshire think that they can win an election while getting about 30% of the independent vote and none of the people who put "man of his word" a the top of their election criteria. And Republicans in South Carolina think that they can win an election while getting 0% of the female vote AND 0% of the minority vote. Is this country suddenly 55% Republican and I just didn't see it? I'm pretty sure it's not.

The Republican base has long been considered to be the family values, Evangelical Christians.

One can't help but imagine what spiritual, moral and Scriptural contortions they must have put themselves through to vote for either Gingrich or Romney. All the Evangelical right is doing this campaign season is demonstrating the shallowness and hypocrisy of their position.

While trumpeting Christ and what He stood for, they're pulling the lever for candidates with no convictions and no character. I mean, for goodness sakes! Jesus wants us to have either a serial adulterer or a vulture capitalist in the White House? I'd like to see the Scriptural justification for THAT!

The GOP has gone from the party which rode a tide of disaffection into power in the House just two years ago to a party of confused, befuddled simpletons who can't even vote their own convictions. They're rapidly becoming a laughing stock.

I can't help but believe they're dancing a *** at the White House (pardon my pun). The prospect of running against Newt Gingrich must have them positively salivating.

Old 01-22-2012, 01:25 AM

3,345 posts, read 3,076,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
The Republican base has long been considered to be the family values, Evangelical Christians.

One can't help but imagine what spiritual, moral and Scriptural contortions they must have put themselves through to vote for either Gingrich or Romney. All the Evangelical right is doing this campaign season is demonstrating the shallowness and hypocrisy of their position.

While trumpeting Christ and what He stood for, they're pulling the lever for candidates with no convictions and no character. I mean, for goodness sakes! Jesus wants us to have either a serial adulterer or a vulture capitalist in the White House? I'd like to see the Scriptural justification for THAT!

The GOP has gone from the party which rode a tide of disaffection into power in the House just two years ago to a party of confused, befuddled simpletons who can't even vote their own convictions. They're rapidly becoming a laughing stock.

I can't help but believe they're dancing a *** at the White House (pardon my pun). The prospect of running against Newt Gingrich must have them positively salivating.
And yet, 50 -60 million Americans will vote for that winner in November

We are so screwed.... the Republican candidate or Obama

Old 01-22-2012, 01:33 AM

2,608 posts, read 2,098,392 times
So why would Democrats care If "The Base" moved away from the traditional Bible banger family values???

You've been trying to destroy those things for as long as I've been alive, Id think you would be elated

Old 01-22-2012, 01:39 AM

10,229 posts, read 16,306,523 times
There has been no bigger 'w***e' in the Presidential seat than John F. Kennedy. So excuse me if I really don't give a damn about Newt's marital history.

Old 01-22-2012, 01:43 AM

4,919 posts, read 4,837,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesmama View Post
There has been no bigger 'w***e' in the Presidential seat than John F. Kennedy. So excuse me if I really don't give a damn about Newt's marital history.
You forgot .. Klintoon!

Old 01-22-2012, 01:54 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,452,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrClose View Post
You forgot .. Klintoon!

You mean, I DID NOT HAVE SEX WITH THAT WOMEN! THAT CLINTON.

Wow go figure those running for office, are not perfect, candiates on both sides have flaws, imagine that.

If people cannot fogive, then Religion is a crock!

How many who go to Church are nothing but freaking hypocrites.

Old 01-22-2012, 02:00 AM

4,919 posts, read 4,837,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
You mean, I DID NOT HAVE SEX WITH THAT WOMEN! THAT CLINTON.

Wow go figure those running for office, are not perfect, candiates on both sides have flaws, imagine that.

If people cannot fogive, then Religion is a crock!

How many who go to Church are nothing but freaking hypocrites.
That's the one!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections