Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2012, 11:59 AM

791 posts, read 460,827 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttrain55 View Post
Here is the difference, they still have to service me. If i go into a grocery store, the owner can be racist all he/she wants, but i can still go in there to buy groceries. I'm happy that you are forced to service me and can't turn me away because of the color of my skin.
That's just crazy! Why would you want to support someone who hated you? Why would you want to increase their profits through your patronage? People that would judge others by the color of their skin rather than the content of their character DON"T DESERVE your financial support!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2012, 12:05 PM

3,417 posts, read 3,073,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Zona Stona View Post
That's just crazy! Why would you want to support someone who hated you? Why would you want to increase their profits through your patronage? People that would judge others by the color of their skin rather than the content of their character DON"T DESERVE your financial support!
I wouldn't go to that place of business if I had other options. I want to make sure you don't have ability to turn me away if I had to use your place of business.

Old 01-28-2012, 12:15 PM

Quote:
I wouldn't go to that place of business if I had other options. I want to make sure you don't have ability to turn me away if I had to use your place of business.
Where do you live, 20 miles from a paved road?

Old 01-28-2012, 12:21 PM

105 posts, read 287,096 times
Quote:
Here is the difference, they still have to service me. If i go into a grocery store, the owner can be racist all he/she wants, but i can still go in there to buy groceries. I'm happy that you are forced to service me and can't turn me away because of the color of my skin.
Quote:
Nighttrain, your logic is baffling. I'll tell you one thing, if a store was run by racists, I would bet that another store would open up and take plenty of their business away. As Zona stated, why the hell would you ever want to support a place of business where you don't agree with their principles? Would having to drive an extra 10 minutes for groceries override your principles? Perhaps paying a few dollars more for groceries? Would that affect your principles?

I'm not black but if I came across a place of business and they had a sign out front saying "no blacks allowed", I would not go there regardless if they had the dishes I wanted to eat or even if they received rave reviews online or whatever. It's all about principles and what you believe in and if we as society stick to them, that would eliminate places where racism exists.

Old 01-28-2012, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by baruchel23 View Post
Nighttrain, your logic is baffling. I'll tell you one thing, if a store was run by racists, I would bet that another store would open up and take plenty of their business away. As Zona stated, why the hell would you ever want to support a place of business where you don't agree with their principles? Would having to drive an extra 10 minutes for groceries override your principles? Perhaps paying a few dollars more for groceries? Would that affect your principles?

I'm not black but if I came across a place of business and they had a sign out front saying "no blacks allowed", I would not go there regardless if they had the dishes I wanted to eat or even if they received rave reviews online or whatever. It's all about principles and what you believe in and if we as society stick to them, that would eliminate places where racism exists.
Let me make it easier, i'm not in favor of private property rights being protected.

Old 01-28-2012, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Zona Stona View Post
Where do you live, 20 miles from a paved road?
nope, i live in major city in the northeast.

Old 01-28-2012, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Let me make it easier, i'm not in favor of private property rights being protected.
That makes it a lot easier, you're a Communist...

Old 01-28-2012, 01:20 PM

6,897 posts, read 4,753,334 times
Quote:
So in other words, I can come on to your property and take a dump and there is nothing you can do?

Old 01-28-2012, 02:25 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,371,062 times
Well until Ron Paul actually wins a primary, all this is just dogs barking in the dark at each other.

From the title of this thread, it's obvious why Paul isn't being considered seriously by more people. Not everyone who reads the Washington Post believes it is ultra-liberal or toilet paper, so that just put another little nick in Paul's chances of ever winning.

It's just common sense that, if you are backing an underdog, the last thing you want to do is **** off a bunch of people with the first thing you write. That's a real good way to make sure your underdog becomes a losing underdog.

Old 01-28-2012, 02:51 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,945,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Well until Ron Paul actually wins a primary, all this is just dogs barking in the dark at each other.
While I am impressed with the passion and ardor Ron Paul's supporters have for him, it appears his candidacy is sinking and fading away.

I went into Ron Paul's website and couldn't help but notice that the things being sold - bumper stickers, T-shirts, coffee mugs, that sort of thing - are being discounted. It's like a "Going Out Of Business Sale"!!!

Will Ron Paul win the Florida Primary? Nope. Won't even come in second. Will probably come in LAST place. Someone said he he isn't even campaigning there. Paul is not even going to campaign in Florida - with over 19 million people and the FOURTH most populous state in the US? Seriously???

Ron Paul supporters ... please explain to me how he is going to capture the GOP nomination without winning a single primary?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections