Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2012, 08:28 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,364,890 times

Advertisements

To start off I want to be fair and admit that I am no fan of Limbaugh who I think is just a {R} apologist and of course a neo con. Also being fair I do not deny that the gas bag has tremendous power and which he has bragged about many times. And that is where my conspiracy theory starts, just before the Iowa caucus on his show he said this :

Quote:
CALLER: That's number one. Anyway, my question is, of all the candidates that I have seen and heard and I've listened and all that, I wonder why Santorum has not done better. I like him, and I wanted your opinion why he's not done better.
RUSH: Well, that's a tough one to answer. I love Rick Santorum.
CALLER: I do, too.
Why Hasn't Santorum Caught Fire? - The Rush Limbaugh Show

Two weeks later out of no where Santorum has a huge surge and unexpectedly wins Iowa. I think it is possible that a lot of Rush's ditto heads heard this and news traveled. What other explanation for Santorum to get such a huge surge? Here is another :

Quote:
“I have to remind you, again, that Gingrich debated John Kerry on Global Warming at one point and they agreed on practically every point. Nobody is innocent. Everybody is guilty of some transgression somewhere against Conservatism…except Santorum. See you tomorrow.”
Rick Santorum Has Conservatism in His Bodily Fluids - The Rush Limbaugh Show

That comment was just days before Santorum's big 3 state sweep and all of the sudden Santorum is getting endorsements left and right from the likes of Levin,Coulter, and Hannity. Kind of interesting that Rush hints/says and the others jump on the band wagon. Even though Rush falsely claims he does not endorse anyone you can read between the lines. Here he is yesterday on Santorum :

Quote:
RUSH: I agree with you, I think conservatism is in Santorum's bodily fluids, and, because of that, he's able to articulate it without thinking about it.
There is just to much circumstantial evidence that points that Santorum is Rush's man. Here is more notice this one:

Does it get more obvious then that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2012, 08:30 AM

480 posts, read 1,917,190 times
Really? That's the best you've got?

Old 02-14-2012, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairmetal4ever View Post
Really? That's the best you've got?
No I have more that was my readers digest version what do you got?

Old 02-14-2012, 10:51 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,926,416 times
Default GOP talkshow hosts are really not Conservative Constitutionally speaking

The GOP talking heads have an "anyone but Ron Paul" policy in place because they support the status quo. At the end of the GOP convention they will back the primary winner against Obama.

Old 02-14-2012, 11:04 AM

8,754 posts, read 10,166,968 times
I agree right wing radio and Fox News have a lot to do with all of this mess. They will promote anyone but Romney and of course, Ron Paul. They will never promote those two candidates.

I have one exception to what you have said. Hannity hasn't endorsed Santorum. He leans more toward Newt with his buddy Sarah Palin. I guess if Newt finally bites the dust he will move to Santorum.

Newt and Santorum had some sort of strategy meeting the other day. They are working together in some fashion. Probably pooling their resources to buy ad time and such.

Old 02-14-2012, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
The GOP talking heads have an "anyone but Ron Paul" policy in place because they support the status quo. At the end of the GOP convention they will back the primary winner against Obama.
You mean the Congressional back bencher who has never once passed a single bill with his name on it? The old crazy guy with a few good ideas who never did a single constructive thing in Congress in his life? That guy?

Old 02-14-2012, 12:05 PM

4,866 posts, read 5,677,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hairmetal4ever View Post
You mean the Congressional back bencher who has never once passed a single bill with his name on it? The old crazy guy with a few good ideas who never did a single constructive thing in Congress in his life? That guy?
Not being a sell out = failure.

Good to know.

Old 02-14-2012, 12:31 PM

[quote=dixiegirl7;22978898 I have one exception to what you have said. Hannity hasn't endorsed Santorum. He leans more toward Newt with his buddy Sarah Palin. I guess if Newt finally bites the dust he will move to Santorum.[/QUOTE]

OPPs I am guilty of spreading a false hood, I could have swore I read that and most likely I did. Probally right here on CD from another poster, but Hannitty is still a "great American" I said that holding my nose I stand corrected.

Old 02-14-2012, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
Not being a sell out = failure.

Good to know.
Quite the opposite - I respect him for that, but c'mon, if he couldn't get anything done in Congress, could he do it as President?

I think not.

Old 02-14-2012, 12:48 PM

1,034 posts, read 1,244,339 times
Rush just wants a horse race, it is good for ratings and his bank account.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections