Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-21-2012, 07:39 AM

14,975 posts, read 16,470,546 times

Advertisements

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/doc...ge_GA_0220.pdf

And look at the trend....Newt's lead is decreasing with every poll. In addition, Romney is now #2. Santorum was #2 in the last poll.

RealClearPolitics - Election 2012 - Georgia Republican Presidential Primary
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2012, 08:11 AM

3,478 posts, read 7,258,638 times
I suspect Georgia will go for Santorum or Gingrich. As much as the media does not want to mention it, Romney's Mormonism will hurt him in GA.

Old 02-21-2012, 10:04 AM

10,875 posts, read 13,818,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wxjay View Post
I suspect Georgia will go for Santorum or Gingrich. As much as the media does not want to mention it, Romney's Mormonism will hurt him in GA.
Newt is tanking fast likely because of the lack of debates that launched him into the lead in the first place from all his trash talking. The last time we saw him, he got taken to school by Romney and it's had a lasting impression that's for sure.
Newt needs to hit it out of the park in the next debate, or he's going to be done.
I could see santorum taking over Newt's evangelical/racist loons in the south fairly easily as well.

Old 02-21-2012, 10:04 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,797,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wxjay View Post
I think you are right, losing some doesn't mean Gingrich is through like some would like to think. This is like saying Romney, who has been behind in Mi will lose the state. I think he will probably win Mi. For his sake I hope so. We all have to remember, everyone who has a special candidate they are pulling for is looking for any little evidence to support how strong their guy is or how weak the others are.

Old 02-21-2012, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Newt is tanking fast likely because of the lack of debates that launched him into the lead in the first place from all his trash talking. The last time we saw him, he got taken to school by Romney and it's had a lasting impression that's for sure.
Newt needs to hit it out of the park in the next debate, or he's going to be done.
I could see santorum taking over Newt's evangelical/racist loons in the south fairly easily as well.
you have a point about the debates, but there is another prior to GA and he is extremely popular in his state among Republicans. As for evanelical racists aren't you over reacting a little? Ga is not much a part of the Bible belt nor particularly racist. Think Atlanta!!!!

Old 02-21-2012, 10:13 AM

3,478 posts, read 7,258,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
you have a point about the debates, but there is another prior to GA and he is extremely popular in his state among Republicans. As for evanelical racists aren't you over reacting a little? Ga is not much a part of the Bible belt nor particularly racist. Think Atlanta!!!!
Atlanta city proper is an exception. Atlanta metro - no. Cobb County (where I lived) was ground zero in the 'stickers on textbooks for Evolution is a Theory' debate. The KKK still held meetings in Forsyth and Gwinnett Counties. Some GA counties outside of Atlanta metro still hold separate high school proms for whites and blacks. Metro Atlantans use derogatory terms for their public transit system MARTA and oppose expansion because it'll bring 'those people' to our neighborhoods. And I was reminded often by both whites and blacks what neighborhoods I should and should not visit.

I am not saying all Georgians are racist or all hate Mormons. But to say GA is not in the Bible Belt nor still deals with racial problems is just wrong.

Old 02-21-2012, 10:22 AM

4,585 posts, read 12,369,252 times
Outside of Atlanta GA which is most of GA is the bible belt. I live in NE GA and I've come to hate it here because of the wingnut bible belt crowd and would move if I could. I've been told that I'd burn in hell for reading Harry Potter because it's pure evil.

As far as nEWWWt is concerned many in GA didn't like him the first time around but ole Grand Poohbah and intergalactic moonbat nEWWWt will find a following in GA, only because some want former "glory days" of the pre-civil war era and would vote for anyone "from" GA even if it's someone who wants to colonize the moon.

Old 02-21-2012, 10:40 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,960,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I think you are right, losing some doesn't mean Gingrich is through like some would like to think. This is like saying Romney, who has been behind in Mi will lose the state. I think he will probably win Mi. For his sake I hope so. We all have to remember, everyone who has a special candidate they are pulling for is looking for any little evidence to support how strong their guy is or how weak the others are.
I'd prefer Romney but I will gladly pull the lever for whoever can beat Oblama.

Old 02-21-2012, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
I'd prefer Romney but I will gladly pull the lever for whoever can beat Oblama.
I don't have any idea who I will support, I just know who I won't support.

Nita
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections