Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-20-2012, 08:52 AM

5,562 posts, read 5,685,041 times

Advertisements

Ok, I'm done with this business of party officals and people cant SEEM to count votes and it is the 21st century.
With all the money we spend in the government you would think they could get the voting system correct!

So I would like to see a Reciept that prints out and uses the same technology in creating paper money so its not counterfieted.
This gives the voter a physical copy with a confirmation number and this can be verfied online with the confirmation number and that you voted with your name attached to it!
I see no reason we have to have secret ballots and records should be in the open about voting choices at least for the individual.

No more cheating!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2012, 09:04 AM

8,483 posts, read 6,936,194 times
You know I actually don't know about the online thing. It is a major problem. I think we need transparency, but there are some issues. Any computer system is easy to rig, collect and use information. I admit it is a conundrum.

GLOBAL INTERNET VOTING FIRM BUYS U.S. ELECTION RESULTS REPORTING FIRM
Black Box Voting : (USA) 1/12 - GLOBAL INTERNET VOTING FIRM BUYS U.S. ELECTION RESULTS REPORTING FIRM -

CITIZENS SUE TO FORCE GOVERNMENT TO STOP LINKING VOTES TO VOTER
Black Box Voting : (USA) 2/12 - CITIZENS SUE TO FORCE GOVERNMENT TO STOP LINKING VOTES TO VOTER -

I admit our system is so messed up right now. However, greater transparency seems like the way to go, may have to sacrifice some things.

Maybe something like an electronic money counter would be easier. Then you are dealing w/ calibration.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections