Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2012, 10:01 AM

2,729 posts, read 5,371,972 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born to Run View Post
That's the inaccurate MCM delegate count. Nobody has the grand delegate total yet. Not for another couple of months.
Yes, yes, yes... I realize that the "GRAND TOTAL" will come when the GOP Primary is finally over, and Mitt Romney is the candidate. That's why I wrote, "As of TODAY." Sorry you missed that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2012, 10:03 AM

473 posts, read 400,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big George View Post
Yes, yes, yes... I realize that the "GRAND TOTAL" will come when the GOP Primary is finally over, and Mitt Romney is the candidate. That's why I wrote, "As of TODAY." Sorry you missed that.
Most of the unbound delegates are going to vote for Ron Paul. In the second ballot, Ron Paul will win in a landslide.

Old 03-26-2012, 10:06 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times
Quote:
Most of the unbound delegates are going to vote for Ron Paul. In the second ballot, Ron Paul will win in a landslide.
I hope you are correct. Some states don't unbound until later rounds though.

Old 03-26-2012, 10:09 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,941,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
Here is Doug Wead's Blog

GOP leader claims: Romney-Santorum-Gingrich unite to stop Ron Paul « Doug Wead The Blog

with two video clips with VERY interesting sound.
Link to the blog and listen to the first clip beginning at the 2 minute mark where you can hear a backroom deal being explained to potential delegates by a GOP leader, where they are asked to vote for a slate of vetted delegates who are going to support Romney. UNBELIEVABLE.

It goes to show that Romney is HARDLY the most electable if he has to resort to these sleazy tactics.
Being that both Newt and Paul together do not have half the delegates as either of the other two currently have I would say Newt and Paul should call it a day and end their runs, neither can win the nomination at this point.

Old 03-26-2012, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Assume much?

Old 03-26-2012, 10:27 AM

2,729 posts, read 5,371,972 times
Quote:
Really? Got a crystal ball there, Zultan?

This is the EPITOME of what I'm talking about, when I say that too many of the Ron Paul Zealots are just plain nuts.

Old 03-26-2012, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cw30000 View Post
The mainstream media can call us whatever they want. They are just that, media, not news.

If you want realy news, you need to turn to "RUSSIA TODAY".
Yes, the Russians can be trusted?

Old 03-26-2012, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big George View Post
What in sam hill are you talking about?

As of right now, Ron Paul has a GRAND TOTAL of 66 Delegates.
Really? I heard 42 on serveral news casts. Either way he is still in Fourth Place.
Never forget that some here will say stop listening to the media and then turn around and post one U-Tube after another as their informational sources, freaking amazing

Old 03-26-2012, 10:43 AM

Quote:
That's the inaccurate MCM delegate count. Nobody has the grand delegate total yet. Not for another couple of months.
Well being that many states have held their primaries one can estimate the current numbers so far with some accuracy, how many states has Paul won? Clue the perpetual fourth place candidate is not going somehow magically win the majority of delegates in the end, if he did THEN there would be some serious reasons to find out who really cheated. Anyway, it is a two man race at this point, and neither is named Paul.

Old 03-26-2012, 10:50 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Well being that many states have held their primaries one can estimate the current numbers so far with some accuracy, how many states has Paul won? Clue the perpetual fourth place candidate is not going somehow magically win the majority of delegates in the end, if he did THEN there would be some serious reasons to find out who really cheated. Anyway, it is a two man race at this point, and neither is named Paul.
or named Ron. I am still scratching my head, wondering how some can really think Paul will win and then we have someone saying it will be a landslide for him. Where do people come up with these ideas? I would be willing to bet, none of the uncommitted delegates will change their minds and support Paul..If we end up with a contested or brokered convention there is a better chance of a candidate not in the race winning than Paul.

Nita
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections