Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2012, 08:52 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,813,272 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Amazingly, people remain oblivious to the damage of 8 years of Bush/Cheney.

Personal responsibility? Like the kind that says "I voted for Bush/Cheney twice and I am responsible for the mess they created"?

Conservatives don't believe in real personal responsibility, just the make believe kind
Exactly. The right wing goons just put their fingers in their ears and pretend everything the GOP does is perfect in every way that could never do anything wrong and when they do screw up, it's always because of someone else.

If they had the ability to rational thoughts, they would never support the GOP
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2012, 08:55 PM

805 posts, read 1,085,128 times
Sure, I remember. When...

- Obama delegated a debt-reduction committee to develop solutions for solving the nation's debt crisis (the bi-partisan Simpson/Bowles commission). They came up with painful solutions and realities that Obama doesn't want to face, so what does he do? Tell them "thanks, but no thanks" and proceed racking up the credit card
- Obama thumbed his nose at the American people in the summer of '09, lying to them and telling them they can keep their healthcare.
- Obama said that the debt ceiling debacle was a travesty when he was a Senator, yet we have racked up more than $5 trillion in 3+ years. Way to go!
- Obama wasted taxpayer dollars to worthless green energy companies like Solyndra, shipped weapons to thugs in Fast and Furious scandal.
- Obama administration pulling out all the stops to intervene in the current SCOTUS decision over healthcare (it's so ironic that it's judicial activism when things don't go your way).
- Obama blamed everyone (and continues to) for the economic mess
- Obama tried to thwart Keystone but then caved after he found out nearly everyone was against him.

Can't wait to vote this failed President out of office this November. Why we ever allowed this guy, a Senator that voted 'present', some community organizer activist from Chicago with no leadership experience, to take over a country on the brink of a crisis will always boggle my mind.

Old 04-02-2012, 08:57 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,011,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Exactly. The right wing goons just put their fingers in their ears and pretend everything the GOP does is perfect in every way that could never do anything wrong and when they do screw up, it's always because of someone else.

Whereas you're entirely open minded despite your extraordinarily biased posting history.

Utterly laughable.

Old 04-02-2012, 08:59 PM

26,497 posts, read 15,079,792 times
Quote:

Exactly. This left wing goon video just puts their fingers in their ears and pretends everything the Democrats do is perfect in every way that could never do anything wrong and when they do screw up, it's always because of someone else.

If they had the ability to rational thoughts, they would never support the Democrats

See how easy your simplistic logic is, because in fact that video is doing everything you accuse the Republicans of doing.

Old 04-02-2012, 09:01 PM

805 posts, read 1,085,128 times
Quote:

No. the opposite is true. I can't believe that rational thinking people could ever look at the SS/Medicare/Medicaid costs 10 years from now, the national debt, and feel that we can continue on the path we're heading. Or that Obama has a clue what he is doing fiscally (what was that last vote on his budget? 420-0?). I can't believe that rational thinking people would look at fiscally conservative governors like Scott Walker, who has balanced the budget with virtually no layoffs, and want to throw a stupid temper tantrum because they have to pay an extra $40 per month for their healthcare benefits...and then try to have some scam recall election because they didn't get their way. Is this rational??

The adults are home and the party is over. You tell me: what are the current Democrats' "rational thoughts" to fix our current mess besides more spending and higher taxes?

Old 04-02-2012, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by outbacknv View Post
Whereas you're entirely open minded despite your extraordinarily biased posting history.

Utterly laughable.
I have no problem supporting or voting for any party the presents logical legislation and plans to better the country, though the GOP and especially the tea party have presented nothing but to destroy it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Exactly. This left wing goon video just puts their fingers in their ears and pretends everything the Democrats do is perfect in every way that could never do anything wrong and when they do screw up, it's always because of someone else.

If they had the ability to rational thoughts, they would never support the Democrats

See how easy your simplistic logic is, because in fact that video is doing everything you accuse the Republicans of doing.
The video points out the disastrous GOP/Bush legislation and policies that led this nation into a complete trainwreck. That is not made up fairy tales like the right wing propaganda outlets spread, that is stone cold facts.

Old 04-02-2012, 09:14 PM

1,922 posts, read 1,745,961 times
I remember which party was in power when New Orleans was under water.... bwahahahahaha

What a bunch of losers.

Still suffering from BDS....

Old 04-02-2012, 09:15 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,011,174 times
Quote:
I have no problem supporting or voting for any party the presents logical legislation and plans to better the country, though the GOP and especially the tea party have presented nothing but to destroy it.

The video points out the disastrous GOP/Bush legislation and policies that led this nation into a complete trainwreck. That is not made up fairy tales like the right wing propaganda outlets spread, that is stone cold facts.

So, aside from expanding upon the scores of abuses of the Bush years what has your beloved Obama administration actually changed?

Face it, despite claims of intent to support your far left views all you got was another 4 years of Bush with a bunch of left leaning rhetoric designed to lull the unthinking into blind acceptance. Republicans are trying to accomplish the same thing with the willing idiots that support them by pushing Romney.

As long as there are scores of people like yourself that blindly endorse whatever excesses your party promotes the public will continue to suffer while the politicians amass more power.

Old 04-02-2012, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyyfanatic85 View Post
No. the opposite is true. I can't believe that rational thinking people could ever look at the SS/Medicare/Medicaid costs 10 years from now, the national debt, and feel that we can continue on the path we're heading. Or that Obama has a clue what he is doing fiscally (what was that last vote on his budget? 420-0?)
His biggest problem has been caving to the right wing their disastrous fiscal plans. Keep in mind we had the biggest surplus in US history under Clinton which handed Bush the road map to have the nation debt free. Bush and the GOP through that in the trash and went back to the epically failed "trickle down" economics which took us to the biggest deficit in history at the time. It takes a real idiot to pull that one off, and that idiot was Bush/the GOP.
Obama has presented legislation a few times to end the Bush tax cuts to the rich and return us to the wildly successful Clinton era plan, which the GOP absolutely refuses. Defending the rich at all costs and to hell with everyone else is there motto.
Even though the right wing goons just want to destroy medicare/medicaid and social security to continue their insane spending, the real reasons we are in this fiscal mess is mainly from the Bush tax cuts to the right and the insane military spending.

Quote:
. I can't believe that rational thinking people would look at fiscally conservative governors like Scott Walker, who has balanced the budget with virtually no layoffs, and want to throw a stupid temper tantrum because they have to pay an extra $40 per month for their healthcare benefits...and then try to have some scam recall election because they didn't get their way. Is this rational??
LOL Walker is the poster child for the puppet to the extreme right Koch machine. He is trying to destroy the middle class and reign in fascism like his masters want him to do. His attacks on the middle class have prompted the biggest recall effort in the history of the nation against him and his right wing goons.
I'd lay off the fox and other right wing propaganda, the teacher's agreed 100% with the cuts to their pay and benefits as it was the right thing to do for the state. Walker instead tried to destroy them. Now that isn't rational.
Also keep in mind because of Walker and his ultra-right wing policies, Wisconsin is #1 in jobs lost out of every state in the nation. Though apparently that's doing a good job to the right

Revised figures show Wisconsin lost most jobs in nation in 2011

Quote:
The adults are home and the party is over. You tell me: what are the current Democrats' "rational thoughts" to fix our current mess besides more spending and higher taxes?
Again, i'd put down the right wing propaganda outlets are focus on facts. The democrats have presented everything from ending the disastrous Bush tax cuts for the rich, to stopping offshoring, presenting a solid jobs plan to restore america and get people back to work, massive cuts to yes, medicare and medicaid to avoid the credit downgrade etc,..yet every single one of these plans were blocked by the GOP

Old 04-02-2012, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by outbacknv View Post
So, aside from expanding upon the scores of abuses of the Bush years what has your beloved Obama administration actually changed?

Face it, despite claims of intent to support your far left views all you got was another 4 years of Bush with a bunch of left leaning rhetoric designed to lull the unthinking into blind acceptance. Republicans are trying to accomplish the same thing with the willing idiots that support them by pushing Romney.

As long as there are scores of people like yourself that blindly endorse whatever excesses your party promotes the public will continue to suffer while the politicians amass more power.
I can't argue with you there, Obama is basically a center/right republican that has chosen to continue these disastrous Bush/republican plans then try to fight back for what's right.
I have not been very happy with Obama which I'm sure most every else on the left feels as well, but at this point you have the choice between center/right Obama whom will at least not completely destroy the nation, or one of the GOP goons from the clown car that will.
The nightmare the GOP caused under Bush and even more attacks on the middle class from the tea party has really spoken volumes with the american people. Just look at Wisconsin and Ohio for example. The GOP needs to get their heads out of their rears and return to sanity.
I also don't just hit (D) without thought like most on the right do with their (R)'s I actually research whom I'm voting for even if it's a write in or 3rd party. Hell I don't think I've ever voted straight ticket in my life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections