Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2012, 09:52 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,011,174 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
I can't argue with you there, Obama is basically a center/right republican that has chosen to continue these disastrous Bush/republican plans then try to fight back for what's right.
I have not been very happy with Obama which I'm sure most every else on the left feels as well, but at this point you have the choice between center/right Obama whom will at least not completely destroy the nation, or one of the GOP goons from the clown car that will.
The nightmare the GOP caused under Bush and even more attacks on the middle class from the tea party has really spoken volumes with the american people. Just look at Wisconsin and Ohio for example. The GOP needs to get their heads out of their rears and return to sanity.
I also don't just hit (D) without thought like most on the right do with their (R)'s I actually research whom I'm voting for even if it's a write in or 3rd party. Hell I don't think I've ever voted straight ticket in my life.
I'd submit that there are no small number of voters on the right that don't vote based strictly on the letter following the candidate's name. The problem is there are far too many voters on both sides of the aisle that happily do just that.

Until such time as voters wake up and realize neither party is acting in their best interest things will continue to get worse.

As an aside, your comments such as "GOP goons from the clown car" combined with inaccurately blaming the TEA Party for our current mess continue to point to a very strong partisan bias as well as an unhealthy level of anger directed at those that don't share your political ideology.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2012, 10:06 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,015,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Amazingly, people remain oblivious to the damage of 8 years of Bush/Cheney.

Personal responsibility? Like the kind that says "I voted for Bush/Cheney twice and I am responsible for the mess they created"?

Conservatives don't believe in real personal responsibility, just the make believe kind
The kind that they accuse others of not taking, when they'll fight to the
death insisting that Bush '43 is innocent of any mistakes. He couldn't think of one himself when asked...that's telling.

Old 04-02-2012, 10:26 PM

5,800 posts, read 6,568,977 times
What a surprise, huh?

Old 04-02-2012, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv101 View Post
What a surprise, huh?
It seems that his "Mission from God" went badly awry.

Old 04-02-2012, 11:14 PM

1,347 posts, read 1,088,700 times
Is there truly anyone who thinks we are in a better place now than we were before the Democrats took control of Congress in 2007? It's been pretty much downhill since then. I haven't forgotten. And come November 2012, let's hope the voters haven't forgotten.

Old 04-02-2012, 11:28 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,641,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stayinformed40 View Post
I am still living the biggest nightmare our country has ever seen....Obama! It is time to wake up and start new and vote this terrible man out of office.

Remember?? Whatever.....we are currently living something that should never even become a memory.
And I bet you wish Bush was still president.

Old 04-02-2012, 11:31 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,641,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyyfanatic85 View Post
Can't wait to vote this failed President out of office this November. Why we ever allowed this guy, a Senator that voted 'present', some community organizer activist from Chicago with no leadership experience, to take over a country on the brink of a crisis will always boggle my mind.
But most of the reason why the budget deficit is out of control is because government entitlement spending has skyrocketed. But I don't hear any of the Republican candidates for president talk about doing anything serious about it, except for Ron Paul, and I doubt he will be selected over Romney and his RomneyCare.

Old 04-02-2012, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmsterp View Post
Is there truly anyone who thinks we are in a better place now than we were before the Democrats took control of Congress in 2007? It's been pretty much downhill since then. I haven't forgotten. And come November 2012, let's hope the voters haven't forgotten.

Yep...any working woman who is now guaranteed to receive the same pay as a male co-worker doing the same work...for the first time in this nation's history. And there's that bin Laden thingee...

Old 04-02-2012, 11:41 PM

6,864 posts, read 12,080,222 times
It's daytime. My eyes are open but I'm in an Obama nightmare. There are people that actually want more of his agenda and policies.

Old 04-02-2012, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d4g4m View Post
It's daytime. My eyes are open but I'm in an Obama nightmare. There are people that actually want more of his agenda and policies.
Then by all means...go back to sleep. We'll wake you in 2016.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections