Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2012, 08:25 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,933,885 times

Advertisements

Yeah this was funny. I am sure there are some interesting accounts there. What a great system we have.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2012, 07:28 AM

4,156 posts, read 4,176,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trader8 View Post
The USA enables $Willard to become enormously wealthy.

$Willard opens bank accounts in Switzerland and Luxembourg.

$Willard wants to be POTUSA.

Uh, "Houston, we have a problem"...
I am sick and tire of these uneducated post.

I am not a Romney supporter, but this need to be stopped.

IF US banking system, in term of privacy is good, why would anyone want to relocate their money overseas. The US banking system is great, if you are a foreigner, you get all kind of protection from the US government and the legal system. However, if you are US citizenship or perm resident, our government want to know every transactions.

Next is the legal system, under a British legal syste, which we do use, people should be innocent until proven guilty. But this is not longer the case in the US. Our court system is clogged with frivolous lawsuits where the defender MUST proven he is innocent. Whether you win or not, you will hit with a tax bill. If you have money, you will get sue. If your money is located in the US and you got US and so happen the jury think you sure be "distributing" your wealth, the US court will confisicated all your assets: your bank accounts, brokerage accounts, company shares.

When you have bank's accounts overseas, it is tax neutral. It is not like he avoid paying US tax on the interest. US tax worldwide income on all citizenship and perm residents. That mean if you are born as a US citizen overseas (ex: your parents are citizen) and never lay foot on US soil, you are still require to pay tax on all your income earned in your home country.

The only way to avoid the tax is giving up your money and have them hold in a trust that you do not have direct control. If you are comfortable with this, you can do this as well. (FWIW, I am not comfortable, but a lot of ppl do it)

The only think you got it right is we do have a problem in this country. We have to fix it so people here will want to leave the money here and spend it here.

Old 04-14-2012, 07:41 AM

26,497 posts, read 15,079,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctrain View Post
Or how about Warren Buffet? Raise the income tax all you want. Doesn't matter at all if you pay none.
Of course it's not Buffett's fault that his own company owes back taxes totaling a Billion Dollars over the past decade.

Personally, I agree with JFK and Clinton, you want to encourage investment.

Old 04-14-2012, 08:21 AM

4,156 posts, read 4,176,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Of course it's not Buffett's fault that his own company owes back taxes totaling a Billion Dollars over the past decade.

Personally, I agree with JFK and Clinton, you want to encourage investment.
But Clinton's action didn't encourage investment. Last I check he increased tax and have Greenspan running the printing press at double OT.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections