Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2012, 02:57 PM

861 posts, read 1,147,315 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Sigh, Reagans policies were quite successful.

Ron Paul is a nut.
"Trickle Down" worked? You can't be serious. The rich just got richer and the divide widened.

But I do agree with you that Ron Paul is nuts. Living in Texas, I'm pretty familiar with his ranting, and the wide support he has gathered here. Pretty scary, if you ask my opinion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2012, 06:33 PM

3,202 posts, read 4,432,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
The economists and business leaders don't seem to agree with your opinion.
They didn't address the point of my 'opinion'.....do you have any quotes from them stating that they would fear Romneys policies more than Obamas??

Old 04-26-2012, 06:35 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,747,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryDactyls View Post
"Trickle Down" worked? You can't be serious. The rich just got richer and the divide widened.

But I do agree with you that Ron Paul is nuts. Living in Texas, I'm pretty familiar with his ranting, and the wide support he has gathered here. Pretty scary, if you ask my opinion.
I'm quite serious. You must not have been born in the 1980s, there was money everywhere.

Old 04-26-2012, 07:32 PM

3,079 posts, read 3,120,367 times
Quote:
Well of course you are once again wrong. The quotes you provided in no way compared Obama and Romney tax policy.

Obama is a failure who has cost millions of jobs and added trillions to the debt.
I'm gonna enjoy debating you on this forum leading up to November...do me a favor and don't disappear from the board after Obama is re-elected. By the way where are you getting your data from? Please tell me it's not from faux news....and where were you and the rest of your repub friends when Bush took us into a useless war that added trillions upon trillions to our deficit?!?!?!?! Silence it was.

Old 04-26-2012, 07:51 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,594,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imbobbbb View Post
They didn't address the point of my 'opinion'.....do you have any quotes from them stating that they would fear Romneys policies more than Obamas??
No. Why would I?

President Obama has nothing to do with the thread.

Old 04-26-2012, 07:56 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,087,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtodd View Post
I'm gonna enjoy debating you on this forum leading up to November...do me a favor and don't disappear from the board after Obama is re-elected. By the way where are you getting your data from? Please tell me it's not from faux news....and where were you and the rest of your repub friends when Bush took us into a useless war that added trillions upon trillions to our deficit?!?!?!?! Silence it was.
Obama has added more debt in the last 3 1/2 years, then Bush did in 8, and thats pretty dam sad considering Bush was funding that "useless war"..

Old 04-26-2012, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
No. Why would I?

President Obama has nothing to do with the thread.
Because you pretended to address my point...but then you didnt.Instead of providing quotes that you alleged disagreed with my point,which were in fact not relevant to my comment, you could have just ignored my post or pointed out that my response wasn't relevant.You chose to make it appear that two men don't agree with me when in fact there is no evidence that they don't.

Old 04-26-2012, 08:35 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,747,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtodd View Post
Which data are you curious about? I generally post links for factual assertions.

I was watching the Dems vote with Republicans authorize Bush to go to war. And you?

Old 04-26-2012, 09:15 PM

Quote:

I was watching the Dems vote with Republicans authorize Bush to go to war. And you?
Yeah it is kind of funny how people forget how many democrats were FOR the war.......before they were against it

Old 04-26-2012, 10:10 PM

1,347 posts, read 1,088,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
what Mr. Romney did in MA did result in tax increases and increased revenue. If he gets elected, and can get away with doing the same as president, I say more power to him. We definitely need the revenue.
That's fine if you want to call it that, and you are right. But Romney has never pledged he would not close loopholes, just that he would not raise tax rates. Signing onto Norquist's Pledge doesn't necessitate adopting his definition of a tax increase as generally speaking, when politicians refer to tax increases it means rate increases. Some people on here should actually read the pledge, and realize that a candidate can interpret what a "tax increase" is however they please. Is it a "tax increase" if revenue goes up due to economic recovery? Grover can define it as he pleases, as can Mitt, as can anyone else. My point is that Mitt Romney has never said he didn't want to close loopholes. He's made it quite clear that that's exactly what he plans to do, and the rest of the GOP in Congress has as well. I'm sorry if you'd prefer a more conservative policy, walidm, unfortunately the GOP isn't far enough right for you and Grover. (Just to be clear, not everything I said was necessarily in response to the quoted post. Just so Tigerlily doesn't think I'm responding to a claim they never made)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections