Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2012, 02:26 PM

27,146 posts, read 15,322,979 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitz99clem View Post
Hope and change failed. So Obama's relying on distract and attack this time around. Romney has always paid every dollar he was required under the tax code. Romney also supports overhaulding the Bush/Obama tax code to cut out loopholes for the wealthy and streamline it. The Obama's people attack on where Mitt's money is nothing more than a distraction to keep people from looking closer at why the economy is only growing at a lackluster 2% clip at best and our unemployment rate is stuck above 8%.

I wonder where all of Obama's investments and holdings are.
Most people are invested, at least partially, overseas in their 401k.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2012, 02:28 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,187,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
Obama should release us from the misery of him being President.

There, I filled in the blank.
So we can fill in the blank with a Republican tool? No thanks.

Besides, has anyone seen Romney's birth certificate to prove he isn't a unicorn?

Old 08-10-2012, 02:29 PM

27,146 posts, read 15,322,979 times
If you desire, it's a free country, unless you keep voting for the Grim Reaper.

Old 08-10-2012, 03:04 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Interesting because you defend mitt's refusal in proving that he is paying the right % in taxes and at the same time misquoting the president on the rate. You know, you really should stop watching faux news because it seems that they are really confusing you on the facts
What is the right % in taxes and what was the exact quote then. If you're going to say someone is wrong, then provide something of substance

Old 08-10-2012, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trader8 View Post
Um, Willard, we're still waiting for those back tax returns.

We really need to know if you pulled any "Son of BOSS"-type shenanigans on your 1040s, bro...
Children wait for things not coming, as if they are somehow entitled to things not being given to them.

Old 08-10-2012, 03:10 PM

6,933 posts, read 8,495,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
I wonder where all of Obama's investments and holdings are.
Most people are invested, at least partially, overseas in their 401k.
The President's financial documents have been made public. For a long time now, as I'm recalling. So, why is Mr. Romney hiding the information and why? What laws did he break and what should the penalty be? He couldn't be appointed to a Cabinet position in the federal government if he hid information like he's doing now. So, why hire him for this job? Where there's smoke there's fire. Probably a big, dirty fire.

Old 08-10-2012, 03:11 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,698,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Actually Romney should of done this back in April at the latest when taxes are fresh, the longer he waits the worse it is gonna be. If he waits till October to do his "BOOM" with his taxes, all that is going to happen is the media is going to spend the end of the election focusing and spinning them and it will all look bad for Romney. If he released them in April, the 24hr news cycle would of done its thing, people would of moved on, and at most you would of seen random bits being used in attack ads that don't amount to much. Instead Obama's campaign has been able to run with "what is Romney hiding" for the entire time.
You must not know the liberal media. The more diversion you hand them, the more they muck around in it --as long as they can make it "look bad" for the opposition guy (that's the one on the right, fyi). And if you don't hand it to them, they'll make it up. Have you EVER seen journalism at such a low? We are throwing mud at real journalists (yes, there are a few still remaining) when we call the mainstream press et al "journalists". Their job is to inform the people of the TRUTH, not make it up as they go.

Talk about "attack ads that don't amount to much." The left seems to be in favor of the latest. Even Lanny Davis said it's untrue and not befitting of the President not to denounce it.

Obama and the WH will stop at nothing and have no respect for truth. No matter when Romney releases anything, it will be blown out of proportion, snippets taken and ads made to intentionally misrepresent.
Do you not think he knows that?? We all do. We see it on our screens now.

Old 08-10-2012, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
The President's financial documents have been made public. For a long time now, as I'm recalling. So, why is Mr. Romney hiding the information and why? What laws did he break and what should the penalty be?
The Presidents tax returns have been made public, but I dont recall his financial documents being public. Maybe you can point them out before you run around accusing people of doing things without anything to back it up other than hate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
He couldn't be appointed to a Cabinet position in the federal government if he hid information like he's doing now. So, why hire him for this job? Where there's smoke there's fire. Probably a big, dirty fire.
Sure he could.. Cabinet positions dont require releasing tax records to the public

Old 08-10-2012, 03:14 PM

1,698 posts, read 1,823,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
You must not know the liberal media. The more diversion you hand them, the more they muck around in it --as long as they can make it "look bad" for the opposition guy (that's the one on the right, fyi). And if you don't hand it to them, they'll make it up. Have you EVER seen journalism at such a low? We are throwing mud at real journalists (yes, there are a few still remaining) when we call the mainstream press et al "journalists". Their job is to inform the people of the TRUTH, not make it up as they go.

Talk about "attack ads that don't amount to much." The left seems to be in favor of the latest. Even Lanny Davis said it's untrue and not befitting of the President not to denounce it.

Obama and the WH will stop at nothing and have no respect for truth. No matter when Romney releases anything, it will be blown out of proportion, snippets taken and ads made to intentionally misrepresent.
Do you not think he knows that?? We all do. We see it on our screens now.
Are you saying that Romney is just afraid of the big bad scawwy fake journalists studying his taxes? If that's too much for him to handle, maybe the presidency is just not for him!

Old 08-10-2012, 03:15 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,256,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimar View Post
This sounds like a TERRIBLE strategy. That's like being in a game of chess and saying "Ok, I'm just going to let the other guy take all my pieces while he keeps his, then I'll have my queen left and I'll take him OUT!" You have to be really outstanding to win like that. Is Romney really that outstanding? Be honest with yourself.
Kind of reminds me of John McCain claiming that he knew where Bin Laden was and that he would "get him" if elected.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections